Wicked seats in the mezzanine

csabia
#1Wicked seats in the mezzanine
Posted: 5/13/08 at 2:14pm

We're a family group of 15 planning to see Wicked. We have budget constraints. How bad is rear mezzanine? Is it like the balcony of other theaters in that it overlaps front mezzanine? Thanks for any advice.

musicalman2
#2re: Wicked seats in the mezzanine
Posted: 5/13/08 at 2:21pm

In that theater it is relatively distant. However, you will still enjoy the spectacle, and the accoustics are good. You might want to bring some binoculars if you would like to see performers' faces though. Have you looked at the possibility of going through a group sales department? Just a suggestion. . .
Have fun!

DefyGravity777
#2re: Wicked seats in the mezzanine
Posted: 5/13/08 at 2:25pm

The Gershwin's mezz is great for seeing the whole stage and everything going on. It's pretty far up but you can see everything. It's not like balcony seating either. I agree with musicalman2 with bringing the binocs. to see faces.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#3re: Wicked seats in the mezzanine
Posted: 5/13/08 at 2:25pm

Word to the wise: the Gershwin Theatre in New York City is one of the largest Broadway houses -- you can fit 2 regular Broadway theatres in there, therefore even the front mezzanine seats are miles from the stage, unlike a regular size Broadway theatre where the front row mezzanine overhangs like the 9-10th row in the orchestra.

Rear mezzanine? Take binoculars for your binoculars if you want to see anything.

tinkerscanne
#4re: Wicked seats in the mezzanine
Posted: 5/13/08 at 2:52pm

I think if you get tickets through Broadway.com you qualify for a group discount. However, Wicked is one of the tougher shows to get and the discount is ok - not substantial. I took a student group to Wicked in April 08 and our tickets were $92 each (group rate). Last year I took a student group to Hairspray and the tickets were only about $65.

Iris Chacon
#5re: Wicked seats in the mezzanine
Posted: 5/13/08 at 2:54pm

I dislike the mezz in that theater. That being said.. I think you will enjoy the show from there just fine.

Kiss it baby. Kiss it now!

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#6re: Wicked seats in the mezzanine
Posted: 5/13/08 at 3:00pm

Love me some Iris Chacon!

re: Wicked seats in the mezzanine

Iris Chacon
#7re: Wicked seats in the mezzanine
Posted: 5/13/08 at 3:02pm

I WAS THERE!

Kiss it baby. Kiss it now!