News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for tinkerscanne

Member Name: tinkerscanne
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Bat Boy Audition Help
 Oct 4 2008, 01:23:07 PM
I was in Bat Boy last year! I sang "I Don't Want To Show Off" from Drowsey Chaperone. I'm a soprano, but I have a strong pop-belt mix so I went with that song and used my mix. I got the role of Mayor Maggie. It was a great show - lots of fun!!!

I would say maybe a song from Urinetown (Priveledge to Pee), Avenue Q (Fine, Fine Line) might be good choices.

Break a leg.

13: The Musical - For Those Who Have Seen It...
 Sep 25 2008, 05:41:18 PM
I have a question about this show for those who have seen it. What are the lyrics like and how is the content? I mean, is this a show that was written FOR 13 year olds to go and see (is it PG or PG-13 rated?) or is it one of those shows that is intended for adults to look back and reflect on being 13?

I am asking because I have tickets for my 8th grade students, but I only know a very little bit about the show. I don't want to offend anyone - the kids or their parents or my principal -

re: Watched first preview of '13'. My points. ))
 Sep 22 2008, 05:58:19 PM
Right now, I have 52 tickets on hold for February 20, 2009. I am planning on taking my 8th grade Musical Theatre class. Do you think the show is good enough to last until then? I'm assuming the content is appropriate for 13 year olds?

Just wondering if I should switch my show to something more generic like Mary Poppins or Shrek. (Ugh).

re: Xanadu on Stage Seating
 Jul 26 2008, 11:37:22 AM
I got to sit on stage last Saturday and I was one over from Mary. But I did get popcorn. I loved the onstage seats. It gave such a different perspective and it was SO much fun! Great, great show. I just love it!
re: Xanadu on Stage Seating
 Jul 6 2008, 09:56:42 AM
Can you pre-purchase on stage seats or do you have to go to the box office the day of the show you want to see?
re: A Catered Affair
 Jul 2 2008, 06:45:24 PM
Um, ok, I just saw that it's closing on July 27th. I guess it is just ok?? Thoughts?
A Catered Affair
 Jul 2 2008, 06:44:35 PM
How is this show doing? I'm supposed to see it in 2 weeks as I was also supposed to see Cry Baby - but alas, not anymore. Does A Catered Affair have more staying power?
re: Broadway Rehearsals?
 Jun 8 2008, 08:29:07 AM
Back in April 08 I took a workshop in NYC with one of the actresses in Wicked. She mentioned that there are brush up rehearsals every Thursday.

One of my friends is the wig designer and costumer at the Walnut Street Theatre in Philadelphia. I asked him how rehearsing for a professional production differs from a community theatre production (we were rehearsing for Bat Boy at a local comm. theatre) and he said that the equity contract for the actors at the Walnut require 12 hours off bet

re: Did you go to High School with any of these stars?
 Jun 8 2008, 08:25:32 AM
What a great article.

I direct the musicals at the middle school that I teach at. I include kids in grades 5-8 and that element of "team work" is what gets the shows done each and every year. Do I think one of my students will end up on a Broadway stage? I sure do, BUT I also am aware of the life lessons I am teaching and stress the importance of being a good person to one and all, which I think a lot of the actors in that article stated.

Thank you for sharing!

re: Wicked - Original CHICAGO Cast?
 May 31 2008, 04:57:10 PM
Thank you!!
Wicked - Original CHICAGO Cast?
 May 31 2008, 03:52:49 PM
I went to the official Wicked site and couldn't access much there. But does anyone know who the original cast of Wicked in Chicago was? Thank you!
re: EDGES right outside of Philly
 May 30 2008, 11:53:43 AM
I would love to go but tomorrow night is closing night for the production of Bat Boy I am in. Sorry. Hope it goes really well for you!
re: Just finishing listening to Kerry Butler's new CD
 May 29 2008, 07:52:02 AM
I like the CD because it's

1. Kerry Butler and
2. DISNEY music!

I guess you can add me to the "Disney Dork" list as well.

My husband did NOT care for the CD. He, too, is a Disney Dork, but he didn't care for Kerry's vocals. We usually disagree, though, and I am the one with TASTE. Ha ha.

I hope Kerry does very well with the CD.

re: WEST SIDE STORY Revival Begins Previews On Broadway February 13, 2009
 May 23 2008, 02:01:50 PM
I also cannot wait as this is my most favorite musical EVER! I am very excited for the young actors/actresses that will be cast and it will be nice to have a more traditional sounding show with a youthful cast.

Cannot wait for more information!

re: Lee Joins Brown on POPPINS Tour
 May 21 2008, 04:05:06 PM
This is so exciting. I can't wait to catch the tour with them if it makes it to Philly. (Not that I won't go to NY to see it again this summer!)
re: Hugh Panaro to be Jean Valjean in Philly's Les Miz
 May 17 2008, 03:42:29 PM
Some friends of mine saw the show on Thursday night and mentioned that there was an issue with the sound system, too. You mentioned that you thought that might have played a part in your review of Javert - can you elaborate? Javert is one of my favorite roles - I love those baritone/bass voices!

Thanks. I'm hoping to see the show in August.

re: The Drowsy Chaperone
 May 16 2008, 04:55:47 PM
defying,

WoW! What a great list. Thanks for posting the link!

Hairspray - New Stand By?
 May 14 2008, 09:33:49 AM
Does anyone know if there is a new stand by for Tracy? I know that there is an understudy (Lori Eve) but is there a stand by? Just wondering. Thanks!
re: Faith Trust Pixie Dust?
 May 13 2008, 02:55:52 PM
OK, Kerry is a pin trader? That is awesome. She sounds like she could be your best friend. I'm going to my local B&N stores to see if they have it. If not, I'm going to order it.

Thanks for the links to the articles/reviews.

re: Wicked seats in the mezzanine
 May 13 2008, 02:52:39 PM
I think if you get tickets through Broadway.com you qualify for a group discount. However, Wicked is one of the tougher shows to get and the discount is ok - not substantial. I took a student group to Wicked in April 08 and our tickets were $92 each (group rate). Last year I took a student group to Hairspray and the tickets were only about $65.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You