pixeltracker

Terrence Howard on "Cat..." Gossip- Page 3

Terrence Howard on "Cat..." Gossip

Hiram
#50re: Terrence Howard on 'Cat...'
Posted: 6/8/08 at 4:10pm

I'm sure there are hundreds of actors that would love to trade places with Mr. Howard and "slave" through eight shows a week playing a great part in a classic play. Go back to la la land you spoiled, unprofessional, ungrateful pain in the ass! Updated On: 6/8/08 at 04:10 PM

Patash Profile Photo
Patash
#51re: Terrence Howard on 'Cat...'
Posted: 6/9/08 at 9:34am

I've walked by the theatre twice during performances in the past week and both times I could see that the understudy's name was posted for "this performance". Is he still in the show at all?
I'm still reeling from the revelation that he does not consider Brick gay and refused to play him as such. I'm curious what he thinks Brick's "problem" is, then?

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#53re: Terrence Howard on 'Cat...'
Posted: 6/9/08 at 12:40pm

And didn't he take a break early into the run? It isn't like he's been on Broadway straight for months and months. He's an idiot. Comparing it to slavery is just plain stupid. Actors are well aware of the 8 shows a week, and as we know, many of them do far less than 8 shows. There are some Broadway actors who probably think sitting around a movie set all day doing nothing is a waste of time too. That's why they don't do it.

Fosse76
#54re: Terrence Howard on 'Cat...'
Posted: 6/9/08 at 12:45pm

That's a ridiculous statement. While some people may not have the stamina for Broadway, he is just plain whining. After his three week break to promote Iron Man, he was only in the show for a week before he missed another two weeks of performances (official story was he was injured...but what was injured changed daily based on who you spoke to; in reality, he was miffed he didn't receive a Tony nomination). He finally returned two weeks ago, only to miss another five performances this weekend. Let's face it, acting is a vanity profession. The way some people talk about it you would think actors are curing cancer or something. While developing and honing your talent is hard work, I guarantee most other people in normal, everyday jobs work much harder for much longer hours and much less money. If he isn't happy, he can go back to Hollywood, where he is generally the worst actor in the film.