pixeltracker

SHINDLE, O'HARE joins Shakespeare Concert w/ Plimpton, Hoff, Rylance

SHINDLE, O'HARE joins Shakespeare Concert w/ Plimpton, Hoff, Rylance

musicalguyNY
#1SHINDLE, O'HARE joins Shakespeare Concert w/ Plimpton, Hoff, Rylance
Posted: 7/18/08 at 7:51pm

Autumn Hurlbert - the first runner-up from TV's "Legally Blonde: The Search For Elle Woods" has recently joined the line-up of performers for this concert evening! Come out and support these great performers and a great organization!

Hey there! I know this is a shameless plug and I have not been on Broadwayworld for long - but I am producing a Broadway Benefit Concert and hoping to spread the word as much as possible!

On Monday, August 4th at 8:00pm at New World Stages - the New Globe will be hosting a Benefit Concert! The event is called VARIATIONS ON SHAKESPEARE: An Evening of Songs Inspired by the Bard and will include songs from musicals based on the works of William Shakespeare - i.e. "Kiss Me Kate," "The Boys from Syracuse," "Rockabye Hamlet," "Music Is," "West Side Story" and more!

The evening will be hosted by Tony Award winner Mark Rylance (Boeing-Boeing) and will include performances/appearances by Tony Award winner Christian Hoff (upcoming Pal Joey, Jersey Boys), Tony Award nominee Martha Plimpton (upcoming Pal Joey, Top Girls, Cymbeline, Coast of Utopia), Tony Award nominee Alice Ripley (Next To Normal, Side Show), Tom Cavanagh (Some Americans Abroad, TV’s Ed, Urinetown), Michael Arden (The Times They Are A-Changin’, bare), Barrett Foa (The Drunken City, Avenue Q), Alexander Gemignani (Sunday in the Park with George, Les Miz, Sweeney Todd), Garrett Long (South Pacific, The Spitfire Grill), Darius de Haas (Rent, Marie Christine, Kiss of the Spider Woman) and Anthony Rapp (Some Americans Abroad, Rent, You’re a Good Man Charlie Brown) with more names to be announced soon. The evening will be directed by Igor Goldin (Yank!) with musical direction by David Andrews Rogers.

Tickets range from $50 - $150 and are selling fast - with the $50 tickets almost GONE! - and I would hate for you to miss out on showing your support for the New Globe and attending this great evening!

So hurry and reserve your tickets today by visiting our website www.newglobe.org

The New Globe Theater is a non-profit organization working with the support of the Globe Theatre in London to build a Shakespeare's Globe Theater here in New York City!

Thanks again for any and all support you guys!

Updated On: 7/24/08 at 07:51 PM

bobsyeruncle
#2re: Variations on Shakespeare Benefit Concert with Plimpton, Hoff, Rylance,
Posted: 7/23/08 at 10:06am

This looks fantastic! Can't wait!

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#2re: Variations on Shakespeare Benefit Concert with Plimpton, Hoff, Rylance,
Posted: 7/23/08 at 10:10am

I AM GOING TO BE IN THE CITY ON MONDAY AUGUST 4TH! I CAN'T EVEN TELL YOU HOW EXCITED I AM FOR THIS! YAY!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#3re: Variations on Shakespeare Benefit Concert with Plimpton, Hoff, Rylance,
Posted: 7/23/08 at 10:10am

I gotta admit, that looks like fun.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#4re: Variations on Shakespeare Benefit Concert with Plimpton, Hoff, Rylance,
Posted: 7/23/08 at 10:25am

Got my ticket a few weeks ago! :) SOOOO excited!

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

musicalguyNY
#5re: Variations on Shakespeare Benefit Concert with Plimpton, Hoff, Rylance,
Posted: 7/23/08 at 11:07am

Just added Autumn Hurlbert to the line-up! She was the first runner-up on MTV's "Legally Blonde: The Search for Elle Woods" and has an amazing voice!

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#6re: Variations on Shakespeare Benefit Concert with Plimpton, Hoff, Rylance,
Posted: 7/23/08 at 12:16pm

I can't tell you how pathetic I feel that I've lived in England for over twenty five years (let's just gloss over the three years in Wales), and only NOW do I think it might be fun to watch Mark Rylance do some Shakespeare. Srsly, I need to live my life over again with the knowledge I have now. I don't know if I'd change much, but I'd totally see more theatre. O_O

shh282 Profile Photo
shh282
#7re: Variations on Shakespeare Benefit Concert with Plimpton, Hoff, Rylance,
Posted: 7/23/08 at 1:48pm

AHH I so wanna go. damnit.

musicalguyNY
#8re: Variations on Shakespeare Benefit Concert with Plimpton, Hoff, Rylance,
Posted: 7/24/08 at 2:24pm

Line up now includes:

Mark Rylance (Host)
Michael Arden
James Barbour