hairspray & stage door?

lotti
#1hairspray & stage door?
Posted: 7/23/08 at 7:53pm

hi all! i'm planning a trip out to new york with my friends to see hairspray for the first time. can anyone recommend a good day to go see marissa perry,ashley parker angel, aubrey o'day and the other leads? can i expect them to come out the stage door after the show? and do any of them come out after the matinee on wednesdays, or after the 3oclock sunday show?

sorry for all the questions but i'd appreciate any advice! thanks:)

yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
#2re: hairspray & stage door?
Posted: 7/23/08 at 8:29pm

hello. i just saw your post about you going to see hairspray for your first time.

got to say first ashley parker angel is a horrible actor, not a broadway voice, and looks lie he is really bored onstage. he doesnt slowly become a nice link as the show progresses, hes nice off the bat. i hope you get to see daniel robinson or curt hansen as link they are both fantastic and their voices are very soothing, plus their acting is excellent,both have 1000 percent more chem with mariisa perry.
marissa perry omigod her acting is very touching and you can def feel tracy with her, but when she is with apa onstage its hard for her to bounce off him. her singing and dancing is incredible.
tevin campbell very great seaweed.
jennifer lewis as motormouth maybelle wonderful voice, and her where i am coming from is very powerful.
naturi naughton her voice is lovely and a very fun inez.
niki scalera as penny very loveable, adorable, and a terrific voice. a penny who you will remember.
aubrey o'day as amber plays the role magnificent and you will forget she is in danity kane. she is a very bitchy amber, and delivers her lines to a t. you are going to be very proud of her.

1)a good day to go is any day.
2) i know that the cast comes out after every show except for apa.
3)they are very nice, and sweethearts. if you want your dk album to be signed by aubrey she will def do it and plus she is very nice and down to earth.
4)if you catch an ensemble memebr they will def love you for it.

i am giving you one hundred percent positive to you.

lotti
#2re: hairspray & stage door?
Posted: 7/23/08 at 8:42pm

thank you so much for your answers! haha i really just wanted to see ashley angel to see how he is, but now that i've heard it from you, i am kinda hoping for an understudy! but everyone else sounds great and you've made me really excited to see the show, thanks again!

Vanessa2
#3re: hairspray & stage door?
Posted: 7/23/08 at 9:01pm

I'll have to agree with the APA thing, he really does look bored the whole time on stage. I don't know if it's just his face... lol

The funniest thing to me was when he came out after the show with this "I'm better than everyone" attitude. The little girls were there screaming for him and he just kinda smiled and didn't even give them attention. He didn't say a word to anyone around me. I was cracking up, because he obviously thought he was very special. lol

But yeah, I went to the Sunday 3pm show and pretty much everyone came out. =)

yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
#4re: hairspray & stage door?
Posted: 7/23/08 at 9:07pm

your welcome lotti, and i have to say something else the cast goes down the line in a very grateful pace at the stagedoor. i have seen this show a few times.
tevin sometimes will get reconized because he does look lie some of the ensemble guys. but hes such a great guy.
aubrey wants to dance throguhout the whole last song but cant, and she has great chemistry with the cast.

Videos