pixeltracker

A slightly odd Broadway in Bryant Park question

A slightly odd Broadway in Bryant Park question

AntonEgo
#1A slightly odd Broadway in Bryant Park question
Posted: 8/6/08 at 11:30am

I may stop by Broadway in Bryant Park tomorrow because I'm curious about the new SA cast but don't want to see it again. Also, Xanadu will be performing. I loved the show and was so impressed by Curtis Holbrook and I wanted to tell him, but he didn't come out the stagedoor (I know people have different views on stage doors, but if I am genuinely impressed or move by a performance, it's nice to tell the actors so) and I was wondering if the cast will be around to go up and tell him at the park, or if they just come on stage and then leave. Thanks.

Harper3 Profile Photo
Harper3
#2re: A slightly odd Broadway in Bryant Park question
Posted: 8/6/08 at 11:40am

In my limited experience, the cast members just walk out of the park after their performance but I don't think any would object to being stopped on the way out for a quick hello.

As long as you're polite, of course!

Yankeefan007
#2re: A slightly odd Broadway in Bryant Park question
Posted: 8/6/08 at 11:58am

The actors don't have handlers at an event like this, and most stick around to chill with their peeps who are also performing and watch the show.

I remember seeing Kerry Butler last year playing with her daughter on the lawn.

Have fun!

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#3re: A slightly odd Broadway in Bryant Park question
Posted: 8/6/08 at 12:08pm

I personally wont bother an actor, if i see them anywhere (except at the stage door after a show) but its a known fact that Curtis Holbrook is a very nice guy in person!
I dont think he would mind it all all! as long as you get the impression that he dont MIND being approached! trust your instinct!

Yeah--If you see him... just trust your instincts! He is a VERY nice guy!

J*

Updated On: 8/6/08 at 12:08 PM

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#4re: A slightly odd Broadway in Bryant Park question
Posted: 8/6/08 at 12:17pm

oops...2X Updated On: 8/6/08 at 12:17 PM

FuturePenny2
#5re: A slightly odd Broadway in Bryant Park question
Posted: 8/6/08 at 12:28pm

I don't think Curtis (or anyone from the Xanadu cast actually) would mind if you went up to him. I don't think you can be a star at this event and expect NOT to be stopped, go right ahead and do it he's so nice!

He's so nurturing! - Penny Pingleton, Hairspray

#6re: A slightly odd Broadway in Bryant Park question
Posted: 8/6/08 at 1:06pm

I don't know. There was one actor (often described as "very nice") who was flat out rude to me when he came home to find me putting away his clean underthings I'd washed for him. Talk about ungrateful!
Updated On: 8/6/08 at 01:06 PM

Videos