News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Harper3

Harper3 Profile Photo
Member Name: Harper3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Laura Michelle Kelly and Mary Poppins
 Mar 8 2009, 12:14:51 PM
I saw Mary Poppins during its first week of previews here in NYC and Temper, Temper was in its orginal form still and it was WONDERFUL. I didn't really enjoy the show too much and I didn't grow up with the songs but this song added a great dark element and as an adult audience member,I appreciated it.

I'm sad to see the show go in the direction it is.

re: In The Heights Understudies
 Feb 15 2009, 10:20:41 AM
I saw Krysta as Carla and she was really cute and quirky. Having not seen Janet DeCal I have noting to compare her to but her performance was solid.

I also saw Eliseo Roman as Kevin and was incredibly impressed by him - he stole the show from any of the other supporting characters - his portrayal was so real and raw.

There was also, obviously, an understudy for Piragua guy (since Eliseo was on as Sr. Rosario) and he was underwhelming. Couldn't hit the high notes and sounded lik

re: I miss 'A Christmas Carol' at MSG...
 Nov 27 2008, 10:56:52 AM
As a kid growing up in NY this was one of my first theatrical experiences. My family and I used to see it every single year and loved it. This show hooked me on theater and was the first cast recording I was every obsessed with.
re: How to get comps?
 Sep 12 2008, 09:43:56 AM
My brother works in marketing and media so that's how I get my tickets.

A lot of complementary tickets are given out in the business world. Sometimes employees are given vouchers: normal xerox paper that says you get two tickets to Show X, etc.

re: Equus tonight (9/10/08 evening)
 Sep 12 2008, 09:41:00 AM
My thoughts on seeing this show were pretty mixed but this review definately sparked my interest.

I've been out of the loop for a bit so can anyone fill me in on the rush policy?

re: WHITE CHRISTMAS MARQUEE ALREADY UP..WOW
 Aug 10 2008, 01:53:21 PM
I admit to loving EVERYTHING Christmas related so I'm so happy that the marquee is up and it does look great in Times Square!

I'm really looking forward to seeing this show.

re: A slightly odd Broadway in Bryant Park question
 Aug 6 2008, 11:40:51 AM
In my limited experience, the cast members just walk out of the park after their performance but I don't think any would object to being stopped on the way out for a quick hello.

As long as you're polite, of course!

re: The return of Rockabye Hamlet
 Jul 22 2008, 11:02:32 PM
I'd love to see a restaging of the show. Any chance to prove how universal Shakespeare's work is to new audiences is awesome, in my opinion.

Being unfamiliar with the show, I think under a wise director and a great creative team, this could work well.

re: Did anyone keep thinking while watching the Tonys...
 Jun 16 2008, 01:46:31 PM
For the first year in a long time I felt that there were no surprises, which was nice because I favored the winners, but it did take a lot of the stressful-fun out of watching.

I was just relieved that the GYPSY trifecta won.

re: Spanish Language Cast Recordings
 Jun 16 2008, 01:42:34 PM
Tengo un CD de Les Miserables de Madrid y me lo gusta. Tambien, si tu sabes las palabras antes de escuchas, es mas facil para comprender.

Yo lo recomiendo.

re: HAMLET photos
 Jun 4 2008, 11:50:57 AM
AHHHHH I'm so excited!
re: A CHORUS LINE to close August 17
 Jun 4 2008, 11:49:31 AM
The show enjoyed a healthy run and when it opened I guessed it would close just shy of two years.

However, what shocks me is that they aren't finishing out the summer high. If they close the first weekend of September they could definately have the possibiliy to rack in some cash. Although they may have poor advance sales and only have tickets available through 8-17.

We just need to be thankful that a new generation, including myself, got to experience this wonderful piece of a

re: Chat?
 May 28 2008, 12:40:18 AM
Chat anyone?
re: I got tickets to tonight's performance of HAMLET
 May 28 2008, 12:34:39 AM
I can't wait to see this production! I've studied/taught Hamlet extensively and it's my favorite Shakespeare piece.

Shakespeare + Hamlet + Awesome cast = an awesome summer night!

re: The GYPSY trio performing on Good Morning America tomorrow.
 May 28 2008, 12:30:12 AM
I'll be up tomorrow taking the dog to the groomer and I hope to remember to tune in. I always forget until the exact moment that it's too late.
re: Macbeth student rush
 May 21 2008, 02:08:26 PM
Every performance is sold out as per telecharge, so I guess rush is out.

I'm quite sad I'm missing this.

re: Laura Benanti
 May 12 2008, 12:31:59 AM
Benanti and LuPone's confrontation scene is like no other. Truly amazing.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You