Shrek the musical

broadwaygirl99 Profile Photo
broadwaygirl99
#1Shrek the musical
Posted: 8/15/08 at 8:29pm

I have some questions that have not been answered by the reviewers on this site.

How is John Tartaglia? Is his part very big or decent? What does he wear? Is he funny?

Also how is Chester and who plays Robin Hood?

Klem
#2re: Shrek the musical
Posted: 8/16/08 at 12:16am

There's another thread answering questions like this, but to help you out:

1)John is great in the show. He's does a great job with Pinocchio and he uses a voice similar to the one in the movie. His costume is made up of tights with printed "wooden" arms and legs and with a short sleeve shirt and shorts. He also sports a nose that does indeed grow up to 3 times it's length when he lies. He has a pretty decent part (semi big role as "leader" of the fairy tale creatures) and he is hilarious. He also plays the role of the Magic Mirror (one as a CGI version similar to the movies and also as a real life person who comes out to play the "dating game" with Farquaad. He also plays a beggar, but that was a pretty small cameo and he's a dragon puppeteer.

Chester was great (even though his costume was a bit Halloweenish). I love his voice and his characterization. He seemed to be the only one who didn't exactly copy his screen counterpart with his voice.

Robin Hood is unfortunately not in the show. I'm hoping that is something that they can add in, but with the show running at 3 hours, most likely not. Seemed like a big oversight since it's one of those scenes that a lot of people liked.

broadwaygirl99 Profile Photo
broadwaygirl99
#2re: Shrek the musical
Posted: 8/16/08 at 12:46am

thank you soooo much!

skb2010 Profile Photo
skb2010
#3re: Shrek the musical
Posted: 8/16/08 at 12:54am

Who plays the fairytale creatures?

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I? I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.

Klem
#4re: Shrek the musical
Posted: 8/16/08 at 10:35am

Haven Burton plays Gingy and the Sugar Plum Fairy
Jennifer Cody plays Cobbler's Elf and a Blind Mouse
Bobby Day is Pig #2
Ryan Duncan is Pig #3 and the Pied Piper
Sarah Jane Everman is Ugly Duckling and a Blind Mouse
Aymee Garcia is Momma Bear
Lisa Ho is Baby Bear and the 3rd Blind Mouse
Chris Hoch is the Big Bad Wolf
Danette Holden is Flutterbell (the Tinkerbell)
Jacob Ming-Trent is Pig #1
Denny Paschall is Peter Pan
Greg Reuter is a Gnome (very Travelocity like)
Noah Rivera is The White Rabbit
Jennifer Simard is The Wicked Witch (setting up Wicked jokes)
Rachel Stern is Humpty Dumpty
Dennis Stowe is Papa Bear
and of course, John Tartaglia is Pinocchio

Videos