pixeltracker

Male Shakespeare Monologues About Love?

Male Shakespeare Monologues About Love?

aces25 Profile Photo
aces25
#1Male Shakespeare Monologues About Love?
Posted: 8/17/08 at 8:40pm

I need a comedic, Shakespearan monologue, directed to another person about love. Basically, I need a "lover's" monologue. Maybe a confession of love or something?

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#2re: Male Shakespeare Monologues About Love?
Posted: 8/17/08 at 8:50pm

It's not that I'm obsessed with 'Henry V' or anything, but I'm obsessed with 'Henry V'. You should totally check out act 5 scene 2.

http://shakespeare.mit.edu/henryv/henryv.5.2.html
(Start at "Marry, if you would put me to verses or to dance for your sake, Kate, why you undid me".)

See, he's this amazing warrior king... and he has no idea how to talk to chicks. Especially French ones. But in his ineptitude, he manages to charm Kate into an affectionate marriage anyway. It's also very funny, and has the added bonus of not being from one of the romantic comedy plays, so may well be lesser done for whatever it is you need it for.

Updated On: 8/17/08 at 08:50 PM

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#2re: Male Shakespeare Monologues About Love?
Posted: 8/17/08 at 9:08pm

Try "A Midsummer Night's Dream." That is full of them.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#3re: Male Shakespeare Monologues About Love?
Posted: 8/18/08 at 1:41am

There's also Benedick's speech after overhearing that Beatrice is in love with him.

Or his earlier speech about hanging his "bugle" though that one is more about mocking love.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

ashbash1990 Profile Photo
ashbash1990
#4re: Male Shakespeare Monologues About Love?
Posted: 8/18/08 at 2:59am

Something from As You Like It, Maybe?

What a night! I was in more laps than a napkin!

UAisGREAT
#5re: Male Shakespeare Monologues About Love?
Posted: 8/18/08 at 3:50am

Try Loves Labors Lost. The language is a little dense but has some good material in it. Berowne is a good character to look at.

ASentoni
#6re: Male Shakespeare Monologues About Love?
Posted: 8/18/08 at 7:32am

Also, Troilus (from Troilus & Cressida, of course...) He's a wonderful character with splashes of humor, obsession, disappointment and hope. Here's an example for your enjoyment:

I am giddy, expectation whirls me around;
the imaginary relish is so sweet that it enchants my sense.
What will it be when that the watery palate tastes indeed
loves thrice-repured nectar?
Death, I fear me, swooning destruction,
or some joy too fine, too subtle potent,
tuned too sharp in sweetness for the capacity of my ruder powers.
I fear it much, and I do fear besides
I shall lose distinction in my joys.

Good luck in your search!
Sentoni

Videos