AIDA! AIDA!!!

Joy Behar Profile Photo
Joy Behar
#1AIDA! AIDA!!!
Posted: 8/18/08 at 2:23am

So, today, I witnessed the closing performance of AIDA at TriArts Sharon Playhouse, about 2 hours outside of NYC. I was not expecting too much going in, but I am pleased to say, that not since Dutch Apple Dinner Theatre's production of Footloose, have I ever enjoyed myself so much in a theatre. I was especially impressed with the costumes. Has anyone else ever seen a show at TriArts?

Oh, and also, if anyone knows anyone who worked at Dutch Apple, and was in Footloose, please send me Jeff Blim's email address. He played Chuck Kranston, and he was so wonderful, and I have a present to send him. It's a collage of a bunch of photos that I took of him and me at the stage door, and notes that I wrote him, etc. etc.

alicebemand
#2re: AIDA! AIDA!!!
Posted: 8/21/08 at 4:45pm

Thanks for the post, Joy! Our 375-seat theatre in a converted barn has a great rep in our area. We are known for producing quality theatre by combining Equity with the best of the community talent and using professional directors, choreographers, and designers. This is our last weekend for the season, and we are featuring "Divas Do Berkeley", a cabaret style show featuring original music by our Artisitc Director, Michael Berkeley. Let me know if you are returning to our neck of the woods. And thanks much for the kudos!

SirNotAppearing Profile Photo
SirNotAppearing
#2re: AIDA! AIDA!!!
Posted: 8/21/08 at 4:48pm

I have the feeling this whole thread is code for some sort of drug deal.

Trekkie2
#3re: AIDA! AIDA!!!
Posted: 8/21/08 at 4:52pm

"Not since Dutch Apple Dinner Theatre's production of Footloose"

I am still laughing at that. I have no idea why I find it funny. It just is.

"I think of avant-garde as downtown shows where you rub waffles and chocolate on yourself."- Hunter Bell

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#4re: AIDA! AIDA!!!
Posted: 8/21/08 at 5:09pm

It is really funny!

"The price of love is loss, but still we pay; We love anyway."

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#5re: AIDA! AIDA!!!
Posted: 8/21/08 at 5:10pm

Aida is one of my favorite shows! Glad you enjoyed yourself.

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

Videos