News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Joy Behar

Joy Behar Profile Photo
Member Name: Joy Behar
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

NYMF's Broadway Sensation
 Aug 31 2009, 05:38:26 PM
Question: Have they announced who is going to be competing in this year's contest?

Question: Is Bailey Hanks going to be the judge at the first evening?

AIDA! AIDA!!!
 Aug 18 2008, 02:23:15 AM
So, today, I witnessed the closing performance of AIDA at TriArts Sharon Playhouse, about 2 hours outside of NYC. I was not expecting too much going in, but I am pleased to say, that not since Dutch Apple Dinner Theatre's production of Footloose, have I ever enjoyed myself so much in a theatre. I was especially impressed with the costumes. Has anyone else ever seen a show at TriArts?

Oh, and also, if anyone knows anyone who worked at Dutch Apple, and was in Footloose, please send m

re: OMG. I have found the male Natalie Weiss.
 Jun 3 2008, 01:07:51 PM
not on broadway yet, but it's only a matter of time. out of the new musicals coming up next season, what do you think he should audition for?
 Jun 3 2008, 12:28:54 AM
Ok, so I just saw RENT tonight. I've seen in 12 times now, and the last time I saw it, Drew Lachey was in it (which is funny, because they just announced today that he's going to be in spamalot). It got me thinking, and I totally think that you could be Mark. You would be so much better than Drew (and no offense if Drew is reading this board - JK!) I mean, i posted earlier that you should play Roger (and you should) but I think that you could really do an awesome Mark.

Off-topic: H

re: Drew Lachey & Stephen Collins Join Spamalot on Broadway
 Jun 3 2008, 12:25:15 AM
can i just vent? i mean, drew lachey is a fair talent (with amazing arms), but PATSY?! i mean, come on. i just don't think it's the right part for him. i mean, if they are looking to cast an amazing and charismatic crooner for the role of PATSY, they should look at someone like Mike Harrison. He's a bit of an unknown, but he can outsing both of the Lacheys any day.

myspace.com/mikeeharrison

that's all.

Jun 2 2008, 12:13:56 AM
Ok, so Mike just sent out a myspace bulletin, thanking the broadwayworld community for all of the visits to his page. HE READS THIS BOARD! If you have anything to say to him, you can post it here, and he'll read it!

I'll go first.

You have got to be one of the most amazing vocalists I have ever heard. Your voice is a gift. Please keep putting up more songs on your page. Can you get some youtube videos up? I'm sure you have some. If you get your music out there, you wil

May 30 2008, 10:50:19 PM
So many things:

1. How CUTE is he?!?! I love his little baby face. In love.

2. Do you not realize who those people with Mike are?! While, yes, he is with the "assistant from Little Mermaid", her name is Heidi Blickenstaff, and she is surrounded by her fellow cast members from the upcoming Broadway hit musical, [title of show]. Hunter Bell, Jeff Bowen, Susan Blackwell, Larry Pressgrove, and Helen Hayes Award Winner Heidi Blickenstaff. Seriously, have you never heard of

May 30 2008, 10:21:32 PM
I would love to hear him sing "A Song For You" by Donnie Hathaway. I also think that he could do a mean rendition of "Jesse's Girl".

As for parts I think he should play: (in no particular order)
-Jekyll/Hyde in Jekyll and Hyde
-Jesus in Godspell
-Peter in JCS
-Minister in A New Brain
-Jamie in L5Y (AGAIN!)
-Man 1 in Songs for a New World
-Any single part of EDGES
-Any single part of GLORY DAYS
-Fiyero in Wicked
-Jason in Bare
-Deena in a g

May 30 2008, 09:28:17 PM
Ok, one of Mike's friends just sent me a PM, and they told me that he auditioned for America's Got Talent, got called back several times, and that they ended up telling him he was too talented, professional, and polished for their show. How lame is that? Although, it makes perfect sense, because that show sucks. It should be called America's Got Mediocre Singers and Some Decent Jugglers. But seriously, couldn't you see him on American Idol? He's like a more charismatic version of Elliot Yam
 May 30 2008, 11:27:55 AM
Isn't he amazing? But I don't want this thread to be come solely about Natalie Weiss (even though she's AMAZING). This is a Mike Harrison thread, set up to worship him in all his vocal pyrotechnic glory.

I did some more facebook/myspace/friendster stalking, and I've learned a good bit about him. He's been in dozens of musicals, actually. He was Jamie in L5Y, Cable in South Pacific, Mary Sunshine in Chicago, Lord Evelyn Oakley in Anything Goes, to name a few. This boy sang at SHOW

May 30 2008, 01:19:53 AM
Don't you love him? I feel like he's the love child of Kate Shindle and Daniel Breaker, but raised by Shoshana Bean and Titus Burgess, and I'm fairly sure that he has some relation to Susan Blackwell and Jackie Hoffman. Don't you think?
OMG. I have found the male Natalie Weiss.
 May 30 2008, 12:31:13 AM
So, a while back, I went to Monday Night New Voices, hosted by Scott Alan and the cast of [title of show]. Wonderful evening, featuring the music of Jeff Bowen. And if it's possible to fall in love with a set of vocal chords, I have done it. And I know what I'm talking about, because I was obsessed with Natalie Weiss before it was cool. So listen up kiddies, you all better hop on the Mike Harrison train before it pulls out of the station. Seriously. I did some myspace stalking and felt lik
re: Next to Normal... OMG! with spoilers
 Mar 18 2008, 12:25:29 PM
Next to Normal is among the top ten shows on "THE WORST SHOWS I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE" list. It ranks among such theatrical atrocities as Hot Feet, Artf***ers, In the Heights, Tarzan, and My First Time. I do love Second Stage Theatre, but question their judgement on bringing this one to their mainstage (or any stage, for that matter). If anyone would care to debate me on the quality of this most recent flop, bring it on.
re: Kiss of the Spiderwoman- First Preview at Signature Theatre
 Mar 18 2008, 12:10:19 PM
lets not forget the ever talented, Helen Hayes Award Winner, ERIN DRISCOLL. She plays Marta in this production, and I thought her take on the role was particularly moving. And that girl can SING!
re: S. Epatha Merkerson should win the Lead Actress Tony!
 Mar 18 2008, 12:08:22 PM
my girl, s. epatha, should win. definitely. i don't know if she will, but she should. beautiful performance.
re: my thoughts on Cry-Baby (March 17, 2008)
 Mar 18 2008, 12:07:10 PM
i heard that CRY-BABY is already closing, and that a 2008 revival of IN MY LIFE (aiming for a summer bow) will take up residence at the marquis. at first, i had my doubts, but i stage doored WICKED the other day, and asked annaleigh ashford, and she was like, "Yeah, I heard that, and I'm glad."
re: I have found the real life Corky St. Clair!
 Mar 18 2008, 12:02:35 PM
no, i think this kid is the real deal. i see hot messes like this all the time at auditions. they are everywhere. however, it's amazing to see one with his "girlfriend".

i love you, craig.

I have found the real life Corky St. Clair!
 Mar 18 2008, 12:26:01 AM
Seriously. I have been celebrating St. Patrick's Day by surfing youtube for a couple hours. And I have struck gold. His name is Craig Stevens. He just moved to the big city to make it on Broadway. Seriously, too cute for words. Hilarious. And Craig -- if you're watching this, break a leg tomorrow at Lion King!

LOL!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z77IirWY73I
http://youtube.com/watch?v=AwXKdnvGsxo
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zo9KRAkN6ro

re: Headshots
 Jan 30 2008, 11:04:57 PM
Jared,

Ryan Jensen is awesome! Check out his site at jensenstudiosnyc.com. Very affordable.

PS. were you that cute boy outside of Mary Poppins the other day?

Young Frankenstein on TKTS
 Jan 30 2008, 11:03:04 PM
Just so everyone knows, Young Frankenstein was on TKTS today (Wednesday) for the matinee. The box office is going to be sending tickets there for the next several Wednesday matinees, and most likely the weekday evenings will follow. Just giving a heads up to people so they don't pay full price.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You