#25re: How was Gypsy beaten by South Pacific
Posted: 8/31/08 at 10:35pm

Two words:

Lamb Puppet.

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#26re: How was Gypsy beaten by South Pacific
Posted: 8/31/08 at 10:56pm

""I have not seen South Pacific so I can't judge but it's not my type and I have no desire to see it. But I think over all it is a better production"

-How do you know if it's a better production if you haven't seen it? Are you serious?

I think South Pacific is a better show than Gypsy, that's simply why it won. And I enjoy both shows, but South Pacific a lot more."

Well, I don't want to see it but I can see why other people would see it and love it. It looks amazingly well done but it's not my type. It's almost a fact that this is a great production.

I still think there is no competition, Sunday is better than both.

sondheimgeek Profile Photo
sondheimgeek
#27re: How was Gypsy beaten by South Pacific
Posted: 8/31/08 at 11:07pm

"Well, I don't want to see it but I can see why other people would see it and love it. It looks amazingly well done but it's not my type. It's almost a fact that this is a great production.

I still think there is no competition, Sunday is better than both.
"

I'm confused, if you haven't seen South Pacific, how do you know that Sunday is better?

Anyway, I think all three of the shows are equally fantastic, and it's not really reasonable to pick one over the other. 'Gypsy' is a staple of American Musical Theatre, 'South Pacific' is a classic American musical that contains a gorgeous score, and a gorgeous book, and 'Sunday...' is a phenomenal masterpiece that is very underrated.

They each have their unique positive qualities, and it doesn't make much sense (at least to me), why one production/show has to be better than the other.

"Light the candles! Get the ice out! Roll the rug up, it's today!"

Videos