Paul Newman dead at 83

PSLove302 Profile Photo
PSLove302
#25re: Paul Newman dead at 83
Posted: 9/27/08 at 3:10pm

Paul Newman, an amazing actor, is more than just an actor....

Paul was extremely active in the theatre community of his town (Westport/Weston). He donated thousands and thousands of dollars to local theatre schools for the youth and really supported some absolutely amazing productions at the Playhouse.

He was also damn brilliant in OUR TOWN.

May he rest in peace...

"I don't see that many plays, and for me, musicals are rarely pleasing. I feel the actors are being put through a kind of nightmarish labor. They're like animals being forced to pull heavy carts of vegetables at incredible speeds." --- Wallace Shawn

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#26re: Paul Newman dead at 83
Posted: 9/27/08 at 4:33pm

I think he would have accepted it. I think he objected to pitting one actor against another

Burt Lancaster never got an AFI neither has Peter O Toole.

Poster Emeritus

HometownGlory Profile Photo
HometownGlory
#27re: Paul Newman dead at 83
Posted: 9/27/08 at 5:21pm

Just got back from the (incredible) matinee of All My Sons. The full cast came out onstage before the show as John Lithgow made the cell-phone announcement and brief intro to the piece. He also said that today's two performances were dedicated to the memory of Paul Newman, which came as a surprise to many attendees who were not yet aware of his death (and that includes me). It was very saddening to hear. He was a great man.