pixeltracker

Boston Globe/ Boston Herald review on 'Legally Blonde' Tour

Boston Globe/ Boston Herald review on 'Legally Blonde' Tour

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#2re: Boston Globe/ Boston Herald review on 'Legally Blonde' Tour
Posted: 10/30/08 at 9:16am

I was about to paste the Boston Globe one.

I thought the reason why there was a Jamaican number (which wasn't really a number) is because the theme of their Spring Break was "Jamaican Me Crazy." It is not like it was totally random. And I thought "Whipped into Shape" was fine. She even admitted "OK, OK, Elle and her classmates are defending an aerobics superstar accused of murder, and the star is in prison and naturally wants to keep in shape..." and I think it gave a good introduction on who Brooke was.

And weird, I didn't think Kristin Chenoweth once when Becky was performing.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

jennamajig Profile Photo
jennamajig
#2re: Boston Globe/ Boston Herald review on 'Legally Blonde' Tour
Posted: 10/30/08 at 9:56am

I am seeing this tomorrow night and am excited. Nothing like a fun bubbly guilty-pleasure show on Halloween and trust me, with what's going on with me lately, I need it :).

Though in the Boston Herald Article's picture they mention Rhiannon, but I think that is actually Lauren in the photo. Or am I just crazy?

regnad kcin Profile Photo
regnad kcin
#3re: Boston Globe/ Boston Herald review on 'Legally Blonde' Tour
Posted: 10/30/08 at 11:46am

The criticism about Emmett influencing Elle too much is my big issue too. And the stepdancing does seem random, even if Paulett'e big number is Ireland.

epicamends
#4re: Boston Globe/ Boston Herald review on 'Legally Blonde' Tour
Posted: 10/30/08 at 12:49pm

jennamajig - Yeah, that's definitely Lauren in the photo.

I agree with the Boston Globe reviewer on three things: 1) The Irish step-dancing is really random, but oh well, it's fun. 2) I hate the going back to the scene of the crime. Why couldn't they just have stayed in the courtroom? 3) Elle does rely on Emmett way too much in the musical. Like a lot of other people have commented on this message board about, I hate that they included him in the scene where Elle helps get Paulette her dog back. That was completely unnecessary.

I also wish there would have been an extra scene between Vivienne and Elle where they bond, because Vivienne changes her attitude toward Elle way too quickly.

But other than those things, I really enjoy this musical. National tours only stay in the States, right? There's no chance of it coming to Canada?

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#5re: Boston Globe/ Boston Herald review on 'Legally Blonde' Tour
Posted: 10/30/08 at 2:29pm

Whipped into shape - long and ugly? I hate the Boston Globe anyways. Colleen Sexton rocked that ****, was very hot.

Why the hate for the Step Dancing? I think it's so fun!

tourboi
#6re: Boston Globe/ Boston Herald review on 'Legally Blonde' Tour
Posted: 10/30/08 at 2:42pm

National tours play Canada all the time as long as a CDN presenter books it. US Tours go to Toronto all the time, as well as Ottawa. Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, and Montreal occasionally get them, too.

Sometimes non-Eq tours will stop in smaller CDN cities (London, Hamilton, etc).

Videos