Pal Joey rush

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#1Pal Joey rush
Posted: 12/4/08 at 1:20am

Has anyone been lately? I'm going to try it tomorrow and was wondering what time I should get to the box office. I imagine it's not that difficult of a rush to get tickets...

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

cglaid Profile Photo
cglaid
#2re: Pal Joey rush
Posted: 12/4/08 at 7:57am

I went the day before Thanksgiving after winning the Shrek lottery. I guess it was 10:15 or so that I got there and it was empty. I got mid-mezz row H the first two seats on the aisle. I'd imagine it's not that hard if you go early, but the show looked just about sold out that night.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#2re: Pal Joey rush
Posted: 12/4/08 at 8:07am

The only Roundabout rush I've had any trouble getting was Sunday In The Park With George early in the run.

Remember they have two kinds ~ general is the mid or rear mezz (usually) and starts when the box office opens; student is whatever's left at I think 1/2 hour before curtain at half the regular price.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

kdek004
#3re: Pal Joey rush
Posted: 12/4/08 at 11:08am

I am confused about rush, because from my understanding the Roundabout student rush policy is $27 (I think) tickets a half hour before showtime? But I went, they said they were only doing half price tickets of whatever they had left, which was a lot more than $27. Anyone know what the real deal is?

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#4re: Pal Joey rush
Posted: 12/4/08 at 11:38am

For the past few seasons it's been general rush when the box office opens at around $26 or $27 and student rush is half the regular price of whatever's left at a half hour until curtain.

And per their website:
GENERAL RUSH
Limited number of rear mezzanine tickets offered on the day of performance only. Average price $21.25 - $26.25. Subject to availability.

STUDENT RUSH
1/2 price – best available – 1/2 hour prior to curtain. 1 ticket per valid student id. Subject to availability.

1/2 PRICE TICKETS FOR KIDS
Roundabout offers 1/2 price tickets to all kids and young adults 17 and under for all performances. Subject to availability.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!
Updated On: 12/4/08 at 11:38 AM

kdek004
#5re: Pal Joey rush
Posted: 12/4/08 at 12:03pm

Thank you! That's a big help.

#6re: Pal Joey rush
Posted: 12/4/08 at 1:00pm

Is it possible to buy rush tickets at the studio 54 box office or do you have to go to American Airlines (like they require for Hiptix)?

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#7re: Pal Joey rush
Posted: 12/4/08 at 1:28pm

You buy the rush tickets at American Airlines? Well, I can't get to the box office until around 2:30. So, I hope there are general rush tickets left.

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#8re: Pal Joey rush
Posted: 12/4/08 at 1:50pm

I have always gotten them at whichever theater the show I'm rushing was playing. If it was in the American Airlines, I rushed there. If it was at Studio 54 I rushed there.

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

jennamajig Profile Photo
jennamajig
#9re: Pal Joey rush
Posted: 12/4/08 at 2:11pm

^^I've had the same experience as jordangirl. If the show is at Studio 54, you rush there. And, eschneid, you had to go the AA theater to pick up HipTix for a show at Studio 54? That doesn't make much sense to me...

#10re: Pal Joey rush
Posted: 12/4/08 at 2:15pm

Believe me, it didn’t make a lot of sense to me either, especially since I was standing in Studio 54 at the time! I guess they like to centralize the hiptix stuff. Glad to hear its not as confusing to rush.

jennamajig Profile Photo
jennamajig
#11re: Pal Joey rush
Posted: 12/4/08 at 2:20pm

That is weird! I did Hiptix this summer for The Marriage of Bette and Boo and picked up the tickets at the box office at the theater. But since that was their off-Broadway offering, I suppose it was different. Hmm.