Wicked Tour Review 1/3/09

dg22894
#1Wicked Tour Review 1/3/09
Posted: 1/4/09 at 1:33pm

I finally got to see wicked. I really loved it. I kind of expected it to be amazing and it lived up to expectations. When I walked in I saw Meggie Cansler was on for Glinda. At the stage door the Glinda dresser said that Katie Rose Clarke was at her sister's wedding or some family function of that nature.

Meggie Chansler (Glinda)- She was AMAZING. Could not believe that she was an understudy. Great voice and comedic timing. She also danced like a ballerina. When Katie leaves she should take over the role full time.

Donna Vivino (Elphaba)- She had a great voice and acting ability. Great chemistry with Meggie Chansler. Her voice is a powerhouse. She was my favroite in the whole show. When I saw her at the stage door after, she looked totally different. She was really acting on stage because in person she looked more like a Glinda than an Elphaba to me.

Myra Taylor(Morrible)- When I read the book I imagines her so much meaner than this actress played her in the first act. The second act she was amazing. She had a great voice but I think some of the costumes did not look flattering on her which I think lends it self to the character but overall she was amazing.

Lenny Wolpe(Wizard)- He was great very good comedic timing and great voice. He also had great chemistry with Morrible.

Richard Blake(Fiyero)- Did not like him here. Miscast, he was good at the dancing but they need to lower down the key or something for him he was straining big time. He also did not have chemstry with anyone. I liked him in Legally Blonde. I was really expecting something great but he did not deliver.

Ben Libert(Boq)- Not beleiveable at all. He was also over acting and did not like his little solo in March of the Witch hunters and overacted geeky. No chemistry with anyone. RECAST!

Kristine Resse(Nessarose)- She was great in the first act good voice. In the second, I think she molded to her sister to fast and almost did not seem mean enough.

Paul Slade Smith(Dr. Dillamond)- He had a good voice and I really believed he was a goat. He was really great.

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#2re: Wicked Tour Review 1/3/09
Posted: 1/4/09 at 1:35pm

Thanks for sharing your review!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

broadwayboy1
#2re: Wicked Tour Review 1/3/09
Posted: 1/4/09 at 1:44pm

Thanks for the review, dg22894.

BroadwayBound115 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound115
#3re: Wicked Tour Review 1/3/09
Posted: 1/4/09 at 2:34pm

I saw Wicked in Detroit as well on 12/14. I agree with you that it was very good. I am glad to see the tour is still in great shape. Donna Vivino is a powerhouse and I got chills during No Good Deed. It is a shame you missed Katie Rose Clarke because she is soo beautiful and PERFECT for that character. I only disagree with you in one area, Richard Blake. I thought he did a terrific job. His chemistry with Elphaba was so sensuous. As Long As You're Mine was beautiful and he added a riff that I loved. I thought this character was down the lines of Warner, however he shouldn't have cut his hair. I only met him at the SD afterwards. He was so nice and we joked with him because we went to see LB and he never came out of the SD and then Katie Rose Clarke jumped in and said he was a mean guy and he was a very nice guy. I really wanted to see Donna Vivino but I didn't know which one she was when she came out so I was upset.

dg22894
#4re: Wicked Tour Review 1/3/09
Posted: 1/4/09 at 3:37pm

Donna looked so diffrent when she came out I asked if she had played Glinda. She was nice and we had a very nice convo. It was cold out so Richard Blake just signed my playbill. He might of been sick it was cold. That might cause the sound of straining.

DefyGravity777
#5re: Wicked Tour Review 1/3/09
Posted: 1/4/09 at 7:59pm

"Ben Libert(Boq)- Not beleiveable at all. He was also over acting and did not like his little solo in March of the Witch hunters and overacted geeky. No chemistry with anyone. RECAST!"

Sorry you didn't like Ben. I saw him on Broadway 20 times and loved him everytime. His chemistry with that cast was incredible. He always did the overacting in MOTWH. He used to spit all over the place in that scene also...LOL.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

dg22894
#6re: Wicked Tour Review 1/3/09
Posted: 1/4/09 at 8:46pm

How did u see wicked 20 times? Tickets are impossible to get and BEN was bad.

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#7re: Wicked Tour Review 1/3/09
Posted: 1/4/09 at 8:49pm

Tell Donna Diva says HI!

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

TimeSquare3 Profile Photo
TimeSquare3
#8re: Wicked Tour Review 1/3/09
Posted: 1/4/09 at 8:51pm

DG777 is obsessed beyond a healthy level with Wicked.

<<-- Help save Terminator: SCC
"The gay one?" -- Marissa Jaret Winokur on the Jonas Brothers.

DefyGravity777
#9re: Wicked Tour Review 1/3/09
Posted: 1/4/09 at 9:12pm

"How did u see wicked 20 times? Tickets are impossible to get and BEN was bad."

I get partial view or do lotto and Ben is good. Nowhere near as good as Alex Brightman is though.

TimeSquare3 just stop it alright. You are obsessed with me beyond a healthy level also.

TimeSquare3
#10re: Wicked Tour Review 1/3/09
Posted: 1/4/09 at 9:15pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

dg22894
#11re: Wicked Tour Review 1/3/09
Posted: 1/5/09 at 4:54pm

I agree broaden your horizons DG777. See more shows you know this show probably by heart find another show.

DefyGravity777
#12re: Wicked Tour Review 1/3/09
Posted: 1/5/09 at 5:23pm

I do see other shows if you must know. I just don't post about them all. Oh that's right you are DefyingGravity07 on WoO.

TimeSquare3
#13re: Wicked Tour Review 1/3/09
Posted: 1/5/09 at 5:29pm

WoO is, at the moment, no more. Adam got pissed & the site is offline.

Videos