the hot ticket

phantomvegas2
#1the hot ticket
Posted: 2/15/09 at 9:38pm

Do you think the hot ticket is done recording shows? Does anyone have an idea of how well rent did? Do you have any ideas of what they should do next? i really wanted to see something like Lin's final ith show maybe...

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#2re: the hot ticket
Posted: 2/15/09 at 9:41pm

I think RENT's recording was successful, but I don't think anyone knows right now if any other shows will be recorded. However, I'm pretty sure it's too late to record Lin's last show :/ haha.

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

phantomvegas2
#2re: the hot ticket
Posted: 2/15/09 at 9:47pm

Haha, yeh, i guess so. Oh well. i was in California last month and i was reading a newspaper that was talking about rent coming out to DVD and bluray and the future that the hot ticket might have.

Chip12
#3re: the hot ticket
Posted: 2/15/09 at 9:51pm

I hope they record more shows because people like me who live far away from New York and can't see shows want to see shows.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#4re: the hot ticket
Posted: 2/15/09 at 9:51pm

I hope they record more shows because people like me who live far away from New York and can't see shows want to see shows.

They only have shows in New York? Really?

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

phantomvegas2
#5re: the hot ticket
Posted: 2/15/09 at 9:55pm

i would love for them to film shows that are closing to preserve and for people to remember them by. Thats why i liked rent so much, and delirium was better than the live experience that i had.

Chip12
#6re: the hot ticket
Posted: 2/15/09 at 9:56pm

Lizzy, you know what I mean. BROADWAY shows.

CSonBroadway
#7re: the hot ticket
Posted: 2/15/09 at 9:57pm

"Lizzy, you know what I mean. BROADWAY shows. "

Well, ever hear of a BROADWAY tour?

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

Chip12
#8re: the hot ticket
Posted: 2/15/09 at 9:58pm

They don't come near me. Plus, there very expensive, and seeing a show on Dvd or in the movies is much cheaper.

Pianolin717 Profile Photo
Pianolin717
#9re: the hot ticket
Posted: 2/15/09 at 10:03pm

Broadway tours are very expensive? Um... they are a lot cheaper than on Broadway

Chip12
#10re: the hot ticket
Posted: 2/15/09 at 10:04pm

Well my family isn't very rich like the rest of you.

Pianolin717 Profile Photo
Pianolin717
#11re: the hot ticket
Posted: 2/15/09 at 10:05pm

who said you have to be rich... its how you manage your money, and I have to pay for all my shows and I am by no means rich

phantomvegas2
#12re: the hot ticket
Posted: 2/15/09 at 10:06pm

Yeh, but i think Broadway is worth every penny. i recently saw the wicked tour with donna vivino and loved it, but i felt like i was much more into the story and the characters on Broadway when i saw Julia and kendra.

CSonBroadway
#13re: the hot ticket
Posted: 2/15/09 at 10:07pm

Same here..I'm not rich at all and go to a fair amount of shows. It's called rush/lottery/and broadwaybox.com :)

Chip12
#14re: the hot ticket
Posted: 2/15/09 at 10:07pm

My dad works at a factory that is laying off tons and tons of workers. He could be next.
My mother is a nurse. She doesn't make much money either.
Im one of nine children, and 7 of us are still at home.

CSonBroadway
#15re: the hot ticket
Posted: 2/15/09 at 10:10pm

"My dad works at a factory that is laying off tons and tons of workers. He could be next.
My mother is a nurse. She doesn't make much money either.
Im one of nine children, and 7 of us are still at home. "

If that is true..I'm very sorry re: the hot ticket

phantomvegas2
#16re: the hot ticket
Posted: 2/15/09 at 10:10pm

Thats one of the reasons its a good idea to film these shows, i think.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#17re: the hot ticket
Posted: 2/15/09 at 10:12pm

Same here..I'm not rich at all and go to a fair amount of shows. It's called rush/lottery/and broadwaybox.com :)

Exactly. Just know where to look.

And don't be jealous. It doesn't help anybody.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

TimeSquare3 Profile Photo
TimeSquare3
#21re: the hot ticket
Posted: 2/15/09 at 10:41pm

That's a bad thing?

<<-- Help save Terminator: SCC
"The gay one?" -- Marissa Jaret Winokur on the Jonas Brothers.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#22re: the hot ticket
Posted: 2/16/09 at 1:37am

live theatre doesnt exist well on film.....it's not meant to. I, for one, don't care to see shows on film...it loses too much. I also think that we do a great disservice to the art by filming everything and making it available.

Sharing the live experience with everyone else in the theater at the time it is happening is part of the beauty of live theater....it will never be exactly the same again.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

frontrowcentre2 Profile Photo
frontrowcentre2
#20re: the hot ticket
Posted: 2/16/09 at 1:43pm

live theatre doesnt exist well on film.....it's not meant to. I, for one, don't care to see shows on film...it loses too much. I also think that we do a great disservice to the art by filming everything and making it available.

Like a cast album, a video of a show can be a translation of a live performance to a recorded medium. If done with care, it can bring out other values, even though nothing matches seeing a show live. The video of SUNDAY IN TEH PARK is a perfect example. Many people now (who never got tosee the original show) are glad to have it. Just as we are lucky to have the original cast of OKLAHOMA! preserved on records.

Cast albums are NOT "soundtracks."
Live theatre does not use a "soundtrack." If it did, it wouldn't be live theatre!

I host a weekly one-hour radio program featuring cast album selections as well as songs by cabaret, jazz and theatre artists. The program, FRONT ROW CENTRE is heard Sundays 9 to 10 am and also Saturdays from 8 to 9 am (eastern times) on www.proudfm.com

ifuweregay93
#21re: the hot ticket
Posted: 2/16/09 at 2:06pm

Off topic, didn't phantomvegas2 use to be a sockpuppet claiming they were the "Phantom Of BWW"?

phantomvegas2
#22re: the hot ticket
Posted: 2/16/09 at 4:05pm

i did what?

ifuweregay93

Videos