pixeltracker

KATHLEEN CHALFANT On "A DELICATE BALANCE" at Arena Stage

KATHLEEN CHALFANT On "A DELICATE BALANCE" at Arena Stage

hockeynut2
#1KATHLEEN CHALFANT On "A DELICATE BALANCE" at Arena Stage
Posted: 2/26/09 at 11:33am

Actress Kathleen Chalfant, perhaps best known for her role as Vivian Bearing in Margaret Edson’s Wit (winning her numerous awards including an OBIE), began her career in New York in 1972. She has played an astonishing range of roles written by playwrights such as Jules Feiffer, Christopher Durang, Eve Ensler, Samuel Beckett, Alan Bennett and Tony Kushner (Angels in America earned her a Tony nomination). She is in town to portray Agnes in Edward Albee’s A Delicate Balance, now in production at Arena Stage.

In an Arena Stage interview, Ms. Chalfant described the playwright: “I admire Albee’s writing deeply. There is never a false word. Albee’s language carries an actor rather than the other way around. His language is the roadmap which leads me, the actor, into the world of the play.” Here, we investigate the world of A Delicate Balance, and the life of this celebrated actress. Our interview with Edward Albee will appear shortly.

Katheleen Chalfant on A Delicate Balance at Arena Stage

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#2re: KATHLEEN CHALFANT On 'A DELICATE BALANCE' at Arena Stage
Posted: 2/26/09 at 11:56am

I saw a show in Hartford last week, and posted a review on the Connecticut Board.

You interviewed someone in a show in D.C., so here's the D.C. Board:

https://www.broadwayworld.com/washington-dc//board/

The boards for different cities exist for a reason.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Tom's Cat Profile Photo
Tom's Cat
#2re: KATHLEEN CHALFANT On 'A DELICATE BALANCE' at Arena Stage
Posted: 2/26/09 at 3:50pm

I think there are enough people on this board who regularly attend performances in both cities to justify posting this in both places. I know a lot of NY'ers who are as interested in DC theatre as there are DC'ers interested in NY.

Meow!

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#3re: KATHLEEN CHALFANT On 'A DELICATE BALANCE' at Arena Stage
Posted: 2/26/09 at 3:52pm

Oh Lord. His hired shills are back.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Tom's Cat Profile Photo
Tom's Cat
Renee2
#5re: KATHLEEN CHALFANT On 'A DELICATE BALANCE' at Arena Stage
Posted: 2/26/09 at 5:25pm

Last time I looked, DC area theatres have been employing lots of NYC actors in their shows. In fact, two productions that were at Arena Stage-Next To Normal and 33 Variations-and are in NYC now -employed many NYC actors. Also, Kathleen Chalfaant is a NYC based actress who has done most of her work in the Big Apple,
and has a lot of fans here.

I am grateful that this interview was posted, because I didn't realize that Kathleen was in the Arena Stage production. Kathleen is one of my favorite actresses. I will probably make a trip to DC to see the show. Also, The Kander and Ebb Festival at Signature Theatre and Les Mis which just finished a 12 week run, employed NYC actors in its casts. The majority of the cast in The Visit were all NYC actors. And before you call me a shill- I have the right to post my opinion here. Show a little respect for other readers' opinions.

Updated On: 2/26/09 at 05:25 PM

nobodyhome Profile Photo
nobodyhome
#6re: KATHLEEN CHALFANT On 'A DELICATE BALANCE' at Arena Stage
Posted: 2/26/09 at 6:58pm

Any time an actress like Kathleen Chalfant is interviewed about a production she's doing anywhere, it's of interest to at least some of us here. People post about London shows here, don't they? Why shouldn't people post things relating to shows in D.C., especially when it concerns a production of a great American play cast with actors (in addtion to Chalfant, Terry Beaver and Ellen McLaughlin) who are known to New Yorkers?

Renee2
#7re: KATHLEEN CHALFANT On 'A DELICATE BALANCE' at Arena Stage
Posted: 2/26/09 at 8:06pm

The cast for Signature Theatre's world premier of "GIANT" was announced today, and it mostly NYC actors in it. Again, the DC area is putting NYC actors to work..
GIANT CAST NAMED FOR SIGNATURE THEATRE PRODUCTION

Videos