pixeltracker

A Conversation With EDWARD ALBEE

A Conversation With EDWARD ALBEE

Renee2
#1A Conversation With EDWARD ALBEE
Posted: 2/27/09 at 7:04pm

I just read this incredible interview with Edward Albee. I think I will make the trip to see the show now. Anyone seen it yet? Care to comment?

A CONVERSATION WITH EDWARD ALBEE Updated On: 2/27/09 at 07:04 PM

nobodyhome Profile Photo
nobodyhome
#2re: A Conversation With EDWARD ALBEE
Posted: 2/27/09 at 8:10pm

Thanks so much for posting that. Very interesting, I agree.

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#2re: A Conversation With EDWARD ALBEE
Posted: 2/28/09 at 3:01am

I'm sorry, but I lost all respect for Edward Albee when he came to my college and insulted the professors and told us that theater is not a collaboration at all. he told us that directors should just take exactly what is written on the page and put it on stage without changing or adding or even interpreting anything.

he went to rehearsals of some one acts shows that we were putting on and he asked one of the directors why she had her actors drinking in one of the scenes; it was not written in the stage directions so why did she decide to do it?

the college paid him a lot of money to come to our school and talk for 2 days and he was obnoxious, uninterested, and down right rude. Terrible experience.

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

Videos