"Blithe Spirit" Stage Door

PeteGonBway Profile Photo
PeteGonBway
#1"Blithe Spirit" Stage Door
Posted: 3/14/09 at 4:13pm

Do they all come out? Does Angela Lansbury sign?

pattilupuppy Profile Photo
pattilupuppy
#2re: 'Blithe Spirit' Stage Door
Posted: 3/14/09 at 5:30pm

Yes she does... and if you are quick she will take photos

aliciag Profile Photo
aliciag
#2re: 'Blithe Spirit' Stage Door
Posted: 3/14/09 at 8:07pm

Does anyone know if they come out after matinees as well?
Thank you!

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#3re: 'Blithe Spirit' Stage Door
Posted: 3/14/09 at 8:44pm

No they do not.

bundy5000 Profile Photo
bundy5000
#4re: 'Blithe Spirit' Stage Door
Posted: 3/14/09 at 10:16pm

Honestly when I was at the stage door only Rupert, Christine, and Angela signed, everyone else bolted and said no to those who asked. The only logic I could figure beside them being the non-stage door kind of actors, is that Angela can come out faster and leave faster.

I am also surprised by the many passer by's or just Angela fans at 11:12 PM also waiting. Would you say that large of a crowd would happen after every evening show?

Herbie: "Honey, Don't you know there's a depression?"
Rose: "Of Course I know, I Watch Fox News"
-(modified)Gypsy
Broadway Schedule
December 5th- Hamilton, On Your Feet
December 19th- Noises Off, Edith Piaf Concert at Town Hall

BroadwayBoy2 Profile Photo
BroadwayBoy2
#5re: 'Blithe Spirit' Stage Door
Posted: 3/14/09 at 10:20pm

I was there last saturday and it was mobbed. The location of the stagedoor is PERFECT however for such a large crowd. Yes, only Christina, Angela, and Rupert signed everyone else BOLTED, and Jayne never left through the door which is a little sad because she gave the best performance of the evening.

I'll have them clawing at eachother, like drag queens at a wig sale"

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#6re: 'Blithe Spirit' Stage Door
Posted: 3/14/09 at 10:26pm

At about what time does Angela come out?

bundy5000 Profile Photo
bundy5000
#7re: 'Blithe Spirit' Stage Door
Posted: 3/14/09 at 10:33pm

when I saw it she was the last person, as I will assume in most cases. From when the curtain closed to her coming out of the stage door, 15-25 minutes. But of course worth it.

Herbie: "Honey, Don't you know there's a depression?"
Rose: "Of Course I know, I Watch Fox News"
-(modified)Gypsy
Broadway Schedule
December 5th- Hamilton, On Your Feet
December 19th- Noises Off, Edith Piaf Concert at Town Hall

BroadwayBoy2 Profile Photo
BroadwayBoy2
#8re: 'Blithe Spirit' Stage Door
Posted: 3/14/09 at 10:41pm

No lie, she walked out of that door on the stoke of 11pm

I'll have them clawing at eachother, like drag queens at a wig sale"

pattilupuppy
#9re: 'Blithe Spirit' Stage Door
Posted: 3/15/09 at 1:57am

I too was sad because i wanted to meet Jayne

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#10re: 'Blithe Spirit' Stage Door
Posted: 3/15/09 at 2:30am

This is sad to hear. I am a huge Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy fan and Simon Jones originated the role of the lead character Arthur Dent, during the story's first phase as radio comedy on the BBC Radio. It would have been nice to get his autograph.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Ed_Mottershead
#11re: 'Blithe Spirit' Stage Door
Posted: 3/15/09 at 1:07pm

Jayne came out after the matinee and was quite gracious to those who spoke with her. There was a sizeable crowd after the evening performance and I spoke briefly with Rupert -- quite charming and drop-dead gorgeous. He reminded me of some of the more flattering portraits of Lord Byron.

BroadwayEd

flaemmchen Profile Photo
flaemmchen
#12re: 'Blithe Spirit' Stage Door
Posted: 3/15/09 at 1:17pm

I passed by the theatre yesterday afternoon and saw Simon Jones signing and chatting with folks at the stage door, so I guess it depends on what they're feeling on the day you go.

"Peace! The charm's wound up." --Macbeth

pattilupuppy
#13re: 'Blithe Spirit' Stage Door
Posted: 3/15/09 at 1:25pm

Also lets remember they are still rehearsing during the day while they are in previews so it ends up being very long days... once the show has opened things may be different!

Have a great opening Blithe Spirit!

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#14re: 'Blithe Spirit' Stage Door
Posted: 3/15/09 at 2:17pm

Christine came out the afternoon I went. I got tired of waiting and figured Angela wouldn't come out so I just wrote her a letter saying how much I enjoyed her performance instead. I'm sure evenings are different.

Rudy2 Profile Photo
Rudy2
#15re: 'Blithe Spirit' Stage Door
Posted: 4/6/09 at 4:15am

When I went the guards insisting Angela would only sign Blithe Spirit playbills and that we could take photos but that she would not pose.

I'm not complaining, but has anyone ever seen something else happen? Is it just how she was feeling that day? If I get to see the show again I might stage door it again, but not if this is invariable.

By the way, she was lovely to all who came out. This is last Tuesday 3/31. Deborah Rush and Rupert Everett also signed, but the rest of the cast were no-shows.

There was a heckler at the stage door who started cursing and spewing venom when he was told Angela would not sign something for him and/or take a picture. It was ugly, and terrible to see her subjected to that. After that no one else emerged.

Feb. 28 - Looped, Feb. 28 - Next to Normal, March 4 - Hair, March 11 - A Little Night Music, March 24 - Time Stands Still, April 6 - La Cage Aux Folles, April 10 - Anyone Can Whistle (City Center), April 10 - Looped, May 9 - Enron, May 15 - A Little Night Music, May 15 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Little Night Music, June 20 - A Little Night Music, June 23 - Red, June 23 - Sondheim on Sondheim, July 13 - A Little Night Music, July 18 - The Grand Manner (Lincoln Center)

flaemmchen Profile Photo
flaemmchen
#16re: 'Blithe Spirit' Stage Door
Posted: 4/6/09 at 9:21am

I'm not surprised that those are the rules, for lack of better word. That stage door is usually mobbed with people waiting for Angela, and if she stopped to sign things that weren't from Blithe Spirit and posed for every photo, she'd be there all night! I believe that on nights where the crowd isn't too large, she'll pose with you if you're quick about it. There are a few posters who should be able to confirm this.

"Peace! The charm's wound up." --Macbeth

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#17re: 'Blithe Spirit' Stage Door
Posted: 4/6/09 at 9:31am

Damn...I was really hoping to get her to sign my CD of PRETTYBELLE.

Rudy2 Profile Photo
Rudy2
#18re: 'Blithe Spirit' Stage Door
Posted: 4/6/09 at 4:17pm

^ If it's something as indiscreet as a CD she'll probably quickly sign it for you. I myself am going to mail it to her, along with a few other cast CD booklets.

When she was in Deuce I mailed her an embarrasing (well, no, because it's her and it's all brilliant stuff from her career) lot of stuff, including my DVD sleeve for "The Manchurian Candidate," and it all came back inscribed in 2 months' time. She is truly a marvel. People say "amazing" way too much, but...

Feb. 28 - Looped, Feb. 28 - Next to Normal, March 4 - Hair, March 11 - A Little Night Music, March 24 - Time Stands Still, April 6 - La Cage Aux Folles, April 10 - Anyone Can Whistle (City Center), April 10 - Looped, May 9 - Enron, May 15 - A Little Night Music, May 15 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Little Night Music, June 20 - A Little Night Music, June 23 - Red, June 23 - Sondheim on Sondheim, July 13 - A Little Night Music, July 18 - The Grand Manner (Lincoln Center)

Lm4dham052 Profile Photo
Lm4dham052
#19re: 'Blithe Spirit' Stage Door
Posted: 4/30/09 at 4:37am

Looking for an update to see if anyone has been coming out after the mat....

"I used to want to change the world, now i just want to leave the room with a little bit of dignity"

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#20re: 'Blithe Spirit' Stage Door
Posted: 4/30/09 at 8:24am

Well when I was at the Next to Normal stage door also in Shubert Alley, I saw her coming out the Blithe Spirit stage door. This was after a Sat. matinee, though a couple weeks ago. It was so amazing to see her, I almost ditched the N2N stage door to run over to the other crowd to see Ms. Lansbury up close. I should have done that, lol.

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#21re: 'Blithe Spirit' Stage Door
Posted: 4/30/09 at 3:28pm

Does Christine come out at all anymore?

Rudy2 Profile Photo
Rudy2
#22re: 'Blithe Spirit' Stage Door
Posted: 5/1/09 at 1:01am

Legally_Popular, Angela is 83. Yes, you should have.

My question is this, as far as the mobs of people out there to meet Angela. Why on Earth wasn't this the case with "Deuce" 2 years ago. Regardless of the fact that show was not a hit, anyone could have stage door-ed it if they had wanted to, but the crowds were quite light in comparison to the "Blithe Spirit" ones. I am surprised by it.

Rudy2 Profile Photo
Rudy2
#23re: 'Blithe Spirit' Stage Door
Posted: 5/1/09 at 1:01am

Legally_Popular, Angela is 83. Yes, you should have.

My question is this, as far as the mobs of people out there to meet Angela. Why on Earth wasn't this the case with "Deuce" 2 years ago. Regardless of the fact that show was not a hit, anyone could have stage door-ed it if they had wanted to, but the crowds were quite light in comparison to the "Blithe Spirit" ones. I am surprised by it.

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#24re: 'Blithe Spirit' Stage Door
Posted: 5/1/09 at 8:00am

How long does Angela take to get out?

Videos