EXIT THE KING Reviews

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#50re: EXIT THE KING Reviews
Posted: 5/15/15 at 10:31am

This was one of my most memorable theater-going experiences, and I often refer to Rush's brilliant performance as one of the greatest I've ever seen. I found him to be simply magical, for many of the reasons jnb9872 gives. 

(I also thought he gave one of the greatest Tony acceptances speeches ever, and am bummed it's not on YouTube anymore. I like to talk about David Mamay's Speed ze Plow.)

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#51re: EXIT THE KING Reviews
Posted: 5/15/15 at 10:35am

I saw this production numerous times during it's short run. For some reason, Geoffrey Rush nor Susan Sarandon's name could fill the house each night so tickets were always easy to come by. It was such a phenomenal production in every single way and those last twenty or so minutes with just Rush & Sarandon was one of the finest scenes I've ever had the pleasure of seeing live. Two phenomenal actors teaching the audience what acting really is.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#52re: EXIT THE KING Reviews
Posted: 5/15/15 at 11:14am

I loved this production, and Rush's performance will go down as one of the greatest. I wish this translation had been published, actually. It's an extremely worthy addition for anyone who loves Ionesco (as I do).

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#53re: EXIT THE KING Reviews
Posted: 5/15/15 at 11:27am

Kad, you used to be able to buy it from australianplays.org, but my internet is telling me it's not a safe connection. I know another poster ordered it, though. (The ISBN number is 9781921085659)

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad
Updated On: 5/15/15 at 11:27 AM