Currently Reading (Take 2)

colleen_lee
#185re: Currently Reading (Take 2)
Posted: 8/9/09 at 12:11pm

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

danmag Profile Photo
danmag
#194re: Currently Reading (Take 2)
Posted: 8/12/09 at 2:03pm

Just started Richard Russo's new book That Old Cape Magic.

He is so brilliant.

"This show had the WORST magnets on Broadway!"

Roscoe
#202re: Currently Reading (Take 2)
Posted: 9/1/09 at 10:33am

Just finished Philip K. Dick's VALIS. Okay, interesting in a lot of ways, but my patience with depictions of religious quests gets very limited very quickly, especially with silly religious quests, like the one in this novel. I liked the identity games Dick was playing with the narrator, though.

Just started Pynchon's INHERENT VICE, good fun so far. I was looking forward to the new E.L. Doctorow, but it didn't get the best review in the Times today, not that that means anything...

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

Salene Profile Photo
Salene
#234re: Currently Reading (Take 2)
Posted: 12/13/09 at 12:28pm

The Seven Dials Mystery - Agatha Christie.

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#361re: Currently Reading (Take 2)
Posted: 10/20/10 at 1:14pm

re: Currently Reading (Take 2)

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#414re: Currently Reading (Take 2)
Posted: 2/4/11 at 12:59pm

Star Wars: Heir To The Empire

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

StockardFan Profile Photo
StockardFan
#705re: Currently Reading (Take 2)
Posted: 9/5/12 at 12:19pm

OK, this isn't the thread I was searching for but for all intents and purposes it works. Has anyone read Third Twin by Ken Follet? I just downloaded it from the e-library.

KFTC!!!!!

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#706re: Currently Reading (Take 2)
Posted: 12/31/15 at 9:27am

I just finished A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara. It is a long book and deals with some pretty difficult subject matter, but I would HIGHLY recommend it. Easily the best book I read this year.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#707re: Currently Reading (Take 2)
Posted: 12/21/17 at 11:05am

Bumping this old gem. 

THE MYSTERIOUS AFFAIR AT STYLES - Agatha Christie 

Videos