pixeltracker

Esparza, McDonald, Cumpsty complete cast of SITP's TWELFTH NIGHT- Page 2

Esparza, McDonald, Cumpsty complete cast of SITP's TWELFTH NIGHT

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#25re: Esparza, McDonald, Cumpsty complete cast of SITP's TWELFTH NIGHT
Posted: 4/15/09 at 9:35pm

Do we know if this is going to be a traditional production, with period costumes and so on, or if they're going to try and put some sort of modern, or alternative, interpretation on it?

I've seen many productions of Twelfth Night, including a truly memorable one by the RSC in Stratford, but I've never seen one where Orsino came off as anything more than a somewhat clueless dullard.

I've never been able to figure out why that is, because there's got to be more to the man given the position of entitlement he holds (Duke of Illyria), and he seems to command the love and respect of all who serve him. He's just always been so...unmemorable.

That said, I believe that if anyone can haul Orsino out of the doldrums, its Raúl. If nothing else, he won't shy away from the homoerotic subtext that exists between Orsino and "Cesario". That alone can add layers to the play, but his mere stage presence should contribute volumes to understanding why Duke Orsino is who he is, where he is and what he is.

It is going to be spectacular.

Believe me when I say you have no idea of the degree of envy I feel towards those of you who will be fortunate enough to see this production. If I think about it any more I may make myself ill.

Sarcasm is an allergic reaction to stupid people.

being.jeremiah
Yankeefan007
#27re: Esparza, McDonald, Cumpsty complete cast of SITP's TWELFTH NIGHT
Posted: 4/30/09 at 1:13pm

I think I just squealed. Just a little bit.

broadwaybaby086
#28re: Esparza, McDonald, Cumpsty complete cast of SITP's TWELFTH NIGHT
Posted: 4/30/09 at 1:14pm

I don't think I could be much more excited about this production.

Unless they somehow figured out a way to involve Paul Rudd. Just putting it out there.

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

Yankeefan007
#29re: Esparza, McDonald, Cumpsty complete cast of SITP's TWELFTH NIGHT
Posted: 4/30/09 at 1:19pm

I was secretly hoping that Derek Jacobi would come over with Grandage's wonderful production.

Chrysanthemum62001
#30re: Esparza, McDonald, Cumpsty complete cast of SITP's TWELFTH NIGHT
Posted: 4/30/09 at 1:59pm

I'm still psyched about Hamisch Linklater...he is gonna be brilliant.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

being.jeremiah
#31re: Esparza, McDonald, Cumpsty complete cast of SITP's TWELFTH NIGHT
Posted: 4/30/09 at 3:16pm

Yankee, just wondering if you can change the title of the thread to "The Cast of SITP's TWELFTH NIGHT" or something like it.

I don't know why, but it kinda bothers me. Sorry.

MiracleElixir Profile Photo
MiracleElixir
#32re: Esparza, McDonald, Cumpsty complete cast of SITP's TWELFTH NIGHT
Posted: 4/30/09 at 3:21pm

"I LOVE Raul , but I HATE Shakespeare. This is bittersweet."

You HATE Shakespeare? Gross.

Just don't go -- don't take the spot of someone who might actually appreciate it.

wonkit
#33re: Esparza, McDonald, Cumpsty complete cast of SITP's TWELFTH NIGHT
Posted: 4/30/09 at 5:31pm

Or go because if you still hate Shakespeare after seeing this cast, there is no hope for you.

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#34re: Esparza, McDonald, Cumpsty complete cast of SITP's TWELFTH NIGHT
Posted: 4/30/09 at 9:14pm

This cast is per-fec-tion.