pixeltracker

Painfully loud laughing at the theater- Page 2

Painfully loud laughing at the theater

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#25re: Painfully loud laughing at the theater
Posted: 5/8/09 at 9:55am

When I saw Boeing-Boeing, there were many people who laughed loudly throughout the show, but it didn't bother me.

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#26re: Painfully loud laughing at the theater
Posted: 5/8/09 at 10:13am

I don't think that I am a particularly loud laugher. But, I have been in a situation where there was me and one other person laughing at the same moment in the show. This was one of the times I saw Spamalot, and during You Won't succeed on Broadway, there was one guy and I who were cracking up during the entire song. By the by, that song never fails to crack me up no matter how many times I have listened to it. I did find it interesting that the other people around us in the balcony had looks of shock as to say that they couldn't believe that they were singing a song with that particular subject matter and that me and this other guy were wrong for laughing at it.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#27re: Painfully loud laughing at the theater
Posted: 5/8/09 at 10:19am

I have a very loud laugh and I know it so I tend to cover my mouth/try to keep it quiet when I'm at a show.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#28re: Painfully loud laughing at the theater
Posted: 5/8/09 at 9:37pm

When I saw The Producers, a woman in the audience laughed very loudly at EVERY SINGLE THING that Nathan Lane said. Even if it wasn't a punch line. Even if it was just a regular piece of dialogue that wasn't supposed to be funny. It was kind of ridiculous, and the audience started laughing back within the first few minutes of dialogue. Fortunately, Lane put an end to it pretty quickly by looking out over the audience with a puzzled look after her loud laughter after an ordinary line and ad-libbing something like, "Because what I said was so funny" or something like that -- it was hilarious and did not come off as mean-spirited (I can't remember exactly what he said, but it was more clever than what I just wrote), and she calmed down.

I find the people who seem to be insincerely laughing too loudly to be extremely annoying. If someone is finding the show funnier than I do, that's one thing, but if someone is forcing it, it is very distracting.

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

Videos