pixeltracker

Are Any Pop Musicals Safe? (Fangirls)

Are Any Pop Musicals Safe? (Fangirls)

Marinacat
#1Are Any Pop Musicals Safe? (Fangirls)
Posted: 5/25/09 at 4:04pm

I'm sorry, I've read so many threads about it already, and while I welcome the enthusiasm of younger viewers enjoying Broadway, the fangirls' outbursts at "Billy Elliot" and mugging for each other was extremely distracting. I overheard the people behind me asking if they thought they were drunk. It *almost* makes me want to stick to matinee straight plays with the blue-haired set.

And FWIW, I thought BE was just okay. The score was forgettable in my opinion and the dancing, except for a sparse few "WOW" moments was a letdown. Maybe I just fell prey to the over-hype.

BroadwayBoy2 Profile Photo
BroadwayBoy2
#2re: Are Any Pop Musicals Safe? (Fangirls)
Posted: 5/25/09 at 4:11pm

ha, the difference between a matinee straight play and a blockbuster musical on friday night is two different worlds.

I'll have them clawing at eachother, like drag queens at a wig sale"

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#2re: Are Any Pop Musicals Safe? (Fangirls)
Posted: 5/25/09 at 4:29pm

I quite like fangirls flocking to certain shows. Here in the UK, I know I'm going to be fairly safe of insanity as long as I avoid the likes of Wicked and Jersey Boys. And people wonder why I vastly prefer plays over musicals. XD

PiraguaGuy2
#3re: Are Any Pop Musicals Safe? (Fangirls)
Posted: 5/25/09 at 5:46pm

NO musical's safe these days. Great musicals like Next to Normal and In the Heights have been infected with the fangirl bug...and some VERY creepy 9 to 5 groupies (yes, I call them groupies, because that's what they are and "stalker" is too mean) even hang out on these boards.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08
Updated On: 5/25/09 at 05:46 PM