pixeltracker

JENNIE EISENHOWER on Walnut St. Theatre's FORBIDDEN BROADWAY'S GREATEST HITS

JENNIE EISENHOWER on Walnut St. Theatre's FORBIDDEN BROADWAY'S GREATEST HITS

hockeynut2
#1JENNIE EISENHOWER on Walnut St. Theatre's FORBIDDEN BROADWAY'S GREATEST HITS
Posted: 6/23/09 at 8:18pm

My Philadelphia trip began with this hysterical interview with the bubbly and outrageous Jennie Eisenhower, just before the evening curtain for Forbidden Broadway?s Greatest Hits. Jennie shared her impersonations of Ethel, Liza, Bernadette, Idina, Renee, Carol, a miserable Fantine, John (that?s Travolta of Hairspray fame) in this funny interview which left me dying to see the show.

Jennie was drawn to impersonations, even as a kid, although she didn?t mention doing her famous grandfather Richard Nixon and great-grandfather, Dwight D. Eisenhower. ?I used to dance up down our grocery aisle hoping to be discovered like Shirley Temple.? So how did she get such dead-on impersonations for the show? ?God bless YouTube. and all it has to offer. ?

It?s been a big year for this busy Philly actress: she played Atta at Walnut Street Theatre in Criminal Hearts, the pothead Mae in 11th Hour Theatre Company?s production of Reefer Madness, played Hedda Gabbler at the Mauckingbird Theatre Company, and directed Our Town at her alma mater Contestoga High School, where she is an adjunct director. ?I get to direct their musical and their play, and run their dance program. It gives me (a job)every year that I know will go on, no matter what happens with the theatre.?
JENNIE EISENHOWER ON FORBIDDEN BROADWAY'S GREATEST HITS

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#2re: JENNIE EISENHOWER on Walnut St. Theatre's FORBIDDEN BROADWAY'S GREATEST HITS
Posted: 6/24/09 at 9:52am

I love Jennie Eisenhower. She's a great performer and a wonderful person.

Renee2
#2re: JENNIE EISENHOWER on Walnut St. Theatre's FORBIDDEN BROADWAY'S GREATEST HITS
Posted: 6/29/09 at 1:30am

I agree. She is such a great talent and I love this podcast. It's very funny.

Videos