News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

2007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders- Page 17

2007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#4002007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/7/07 at 1:29pm

Is Murphy even going to be eligible being that her show opens in May and closes right around the Tonys?

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#4012007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/7/07 at 1:30pm

As long as the show opens within the Tony eligibility deadline, she's eligible.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#4022007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/7/07 at 1:32pm

When's the deadline again?

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#4032007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/7/07 at 1:42pm

The deadline is May 9th.

CORAM BOY opens May 1
LOVEMUSIK opens May 3
DEUCE opens May 6
110 IN THE SHADE opens May 9

All getting in right before the deadline.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#4042007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/7/07 at 1:49pm

i think lea michele should definitely be nominated. whoever thinks she doesn't deserve it is either blind or stupid.
but i do think ebersole might take it, much to my own dismay..

Wow, I love maturity. However, I am going to be nice. I DON'T think Lea Michele will be nominated. She is good, but her role in SA really doesn't lend itself to much. I assure you I am not blind or stupid.

May I ask why Ebersole winning would be "much to your dismay"? (And while I'm at it, have you actually seen Grey Gardens?)

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

ray-andallthatjazz86
#4052007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/7/07 at 2:01pm

These defenders of all things PIRATE QUEEN are really, really starting to get to me.
Agreed.

Add RADIO GOLF to the list, opens May 8th.
I hadn't realize 110 IN THE SHADE opened the day of the Tony cut-off.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#4062007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/7/07 at 2:43pm

Fachedaluna, rude much? Where do you get off calling two posters here "whacked"? WAT's review was very well thought out and written. Personally after what I witnessed on the stage of the Hilton last night, I too, have a feeling that Stephanie's chances decreased dramatically. I think she's extremely talented, but she hasn't been given much to work with here.

What makes me laugh is, you started a thread with the request "keep uglyiness out", but it didn't stop you from insulting people here.

Updated On: 3/7/07 at 02:43 PM

munkustrap178
#4072007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/7/07 at 2:48pm

Exactly. Just because someone is in a bad show doesn't mean they're not talented.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

BSoBW2
#4082007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/7/07 at 3:05pm

And just because someone is in a good show doesn't meant they ARE talented.

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#4092007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/7/07 at 3:06pm

"These defenders of all things PIRATE QUEEN are really, really starting to get to me."

Especially those that joined bww just to defend PQ.

I liked Lea Michelle, but she doesnt deserve a nomination, imo. Quite a voice, but not much of an actress. I see John and Jon both getting noms, however. This category is just too tought this year.

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

VIETgrlTerifa
#4102007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/7/07 at 3:10pm

Especially those that joined bww just to defend PQ.

From what I can tell, there are only two vocal ones. However, they're obnoxious to the point where it feels like they're multiplying.

"I've got to get me out of here This place is full of dirty old men And the navigators and their mappy maps And moldy heads and pissing on sugar cubes While you stare at your books."

skingdom
#4112007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/7/07 at 7:01pm

YAY! Down with Pirate Queen and its lovers!

YAY! to ugliness!

No, but seriously give me a freakin break.

I love Block, but lets let loose a little.

Skingdom out.

Yankeefan007
#4122007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/7/07 at 7:06pm

After seeing CURTAINS today, I can safely report that Monk, as expected, is a lock, as well.

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#4132007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/8/07 at 12:06am

"Exactly. Just because someone is in a bad show doesn't mean they're not talented. "

Exacctly, look at Carolee Camello's nomination for Lestat last year.

Id say Ebersole (wins)
Audra
Cheno
Lea Michelle and the fifth is up in the air.

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

munkustrap178
#4142007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/8/07 at 12:17am

Guys.

Lea Michele will NOT be nominated.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#4152007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/8/07 at 12:21am

Ebersole
Munk
Block
McDonald
Murphy

right that list down.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#4162007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/8/07 at 12:27am

Why not Chenoweth, Curtain. At this point, I'd say she (and most likely Bundy) have a better shot than Block.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

ray-andallthatjazz86
#4172007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/8/07 at 12:28am

There's no way Chenoweth will be left out of the competition. Her performance has been raved about since the Encores! concert and she is indeed wonderful in THE APPLE TREE.
Lea Michelle will probably not be nominated, especially over Murphy, Monk, or even Stephanie Block and Laura Bell Bundy.
YankeeFan, I'm glad you think Monk is a lock for a nomination, that's the general buzz I believe. I found her performance in CURTAINS quite exhilarating but I seem to be the only one who believes her role isn't quite a leading role. I can't wait to hear her on the cast recording.

CurtainPullDowner
#4182007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/8/07 at 12:32am

I have talked to everyone on the nominating commitee and they agree with me that Cheno is great, but this performance is not her best and they all love Block.
and they say Lea who?

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#4192007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/8/07 at 12:34am

Block has done two previews of the show in NY. How do they "all love her"?

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

CurtainPullDowner
#4202007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/8/07 at 12:36am

"I don't know why, they just do"

well I do know why.

FallintoLight Profile Photo
FallintoLight
#4212007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/8/07 at 12:38am

When do nominations go out?

CurtainPullDowner
#4222007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/8/07 at 12:40am

May something or other.

perfectliar
#4232007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/8/07 at 12:43am

Curtain - You've talked to all 26 members of the nominating committee? I somehow find that hard to believe.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#4242007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/8/07 at 12:43am

CurtainPullDowner, you are so full of sh*t it's laughable.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Videos