News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

2007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders- Page 15

2007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#3502007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 1/29/07 at 2:43pm

I agree Munk, but in terms of Tony hopes and Critical praise, Blonde will no doubt be compared to Singer and Fidelity.

In terms of box office, yes, the Palace is a huge enemy. That theatre just hasn't been able to find the right show since Aida left.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#3512007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 1/29/07 at 2:47pm

Well, the critics were harsh on THE WEDDING SINGER whose material (upon first glance) appears to be Shakespeare next to BLONDE - so who knows.

Jerry Mitchell is a talented guy...but can he direct a show?

If we're lucky, at the first preview after "Omigod you guys," the Palace theatre will crumble, the ghost of Judy Garland will rise up in the air (a la the genie in Aladdin), pick up the creative team, but them in a shaker, pour them in a martini glass, and drink them down - never to be seen again.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

MargoChanning
#3522007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 1/29/07 at 2:51pm

We can only hope, Munk.

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

munkustrap178
#3532007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 1/29/07 at 3:03pm

Wouldn't you love to actually see that happen?

A ghost of Judy Garland bellowing something out like "How da-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-re youu!!!"

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#3542007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 1/29/07 at 3:05pm

Poor Judy. She must have had a wonderful time at Lestat.

#3552007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/5/07 at 11:34pm

Munk, remember...

Some of us like Blonde.

ps...

GO AWAY

munkustrap178
#3562007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/5/07 at 11:36pm

Thank you for bumping up this thread for no reason whatsoever.

Clearly, some people like BLONDE. I have no opinion, as I haven't seen it. Have you?

shesamarshmallow
#3572007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/6/07 at 12:01am

If we're lucky, at the first preview after "Omigod you guys," the Palace theatre will crumble, the ghost of Judy Garland will rise up in the air (a la the genie in Aladdin), pick up the creative team, but them in a shaker, pour them in a martini glass, and drink them down - never to be seen again.

That doesn't sound like not having an opinion. Yes, some of us like Blonde. It even got good reviews in San Francisco. Saying that the Wedding Singer (which, IIRC, got middling out of town reviews) is Shakespeare compared to Blonde is just false based on all available evidence.

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

munkustrap178
#3582007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/6/07 at 12:26am

You need to chill out.

I don't have an opinion on the show. My saying that wasn't about the show as much as it was about the genre.

Yes, it got good reviews in CA. That's why I said "CLEARLY, some people like it."

Shakespeare compared to BLONDE was an exaggerated comparison meant for laughs. It's exaggerated on purpose, and clearly you're the only one who, unfortunately, took it seriously. FALSE based on available evidence? You're a joke. You need to chill out. You're nuts.

miss pennywise Profile Photo
miss pennywise
#3592007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/6/07 at 12:30am

If Christine Ebersole does not get the Tony, I will boycott the Tonys for the rest of my life.

"Be on your guard! Jerks on the loose!"

http://www.roches.com/television/ss83kod.html

"If any relationship involves a flow chart, get out of it...FAST!"

~ Best12Bars

shesamarshmallow
#3602007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/6/07 at 12:32am

You're a joke. You need to chill out. You're nuts.

Were all three really necessary? The middle is the only statement that seems reasonable. I just don't understand the amount of vitriol being spewed at Blonde - it's not like musicals based on movies are anything new.
This is all off-topic, anyway.

The only lead actress I care about is Ebersole. She has it in the bag - who cares who else is nominated?

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#3612007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/6/07 at 12:41am

There are a lot of talented women in this category.
I pretty much think this is a lock for Ebersole.
Anyone else agree?
If Ebersole loses I will be very surprised.

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#3622007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/6/07 at 2:26am

Ebersole doesn't need another tony, give it to Ashley!

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#3632007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/6/07 at 2:41am

Screw Ashley and her super-glued smile.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#3642007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/6/07 at 2:44am

And her smile has to do with.....What? Yeah not really funny..

DickonDefysGravity Profile Photo
DickonDefysGravity
#3652007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/6/07 at 3:21am

I really think Ms. Chenoweth deserves it this season over every other contender.

And you think of all of the things you've seen, and you wish that you could live in between ,and you're back again only different than before... After the Sky. -Into the Woods (Jack)

bwaygal1 Profile Photo
bwaygal1
#3662007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/6/07 at 8:17am

Christine Ebersole had better win the Tony. No one else, in my opinion, could do what she has done with those roles. She is amazing! I can tell you I think the nominees will be: Christine Ebersole (duh), Debra Monk, Audra McDonald, and Kristin Chenoweth or Laura Bell Bundy
But-Drama generally trumps comedy when it comes to these awards and Ebersole's performance is one of those momentous performances we see once in a blue moon. She will win, I believe, and deserves to heartily. (I would be honored just to be nominated alonside her remarkable performance!)

"A birdcage I plan to hang. I'll get to that someday. A birdcage for a bird who flew away...Around the world." "Life is a cabaret old chum, only a cabaret old chum, and I love a cabaret!"-RIP Natasha Richardson-I was honored to have witnessed her performance as Sally Bowles.

Yankeefan007
#3672007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/6/07 at 8:39am

Ashley won't be nominated.

Giving a Disney performance in such a diverse season so far has not warrented any acclaim.

I'm saying this with no bias: Ebersole will win.

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#3682007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/6/07 at 8:39am

Ebersole doesn't need another tony, give it to Ashley!

It's not about who needs it. It's about who DESERVES it.

And Ebersole more than deserves it. Her portrayal of the Edies...especially Little Edie...is so real that it's scary. When she stepped out on stage in the second act and began to talk, a chill went up my spine. For a minute, I thought it was the actual Little Edie Beale.

Brown's Poppins pales in comparison.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

RockabyeHamlet
#3692007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/6/07 at 8:42am

Christine Ebersole
Donna Murphy
Audra McDonald
Kristen Chenoweth
Debra Monk

-End Of Story, Let the Diva battle begin....

"I wouldn't let Esparza's Bobby take my kids to the zoo...I'd be afraid he'd steal their ice cream and laugh."- YankeeFan
"People who like Sondheim enjoy cruelty."-LuvtheEmcee

Yankeefan007
#3702007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/6/07 at 8:42am

Perfect explanation, Foa.

bwaygal1 Profile Photo
bwaygal1
#3712007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/6/07 at 9:19am

And Ebersole more than deserves it. Her portrayal of the Edies...especially Little Edie...is so real that it's scary. When she stepped out on stage in the second act and began to talk, a chill went up my spine. For a minute, I thought it was the actual Little Edie Beale.

Oh, yes! Very good explanation. Maybe that's why I keep going back for more. I can't stop watching the breathtaking performances she gives.
I'll be at Radio City that night, cheering her, and in all fairness, GG, on! (Any other year this'd be a real tight category, but Ebersole's giving what's already being called a 'legendary' performance. Hard to see anyone else top that!)

"A birdcage I plan to hang. I'll get to that someday. A birdcage for a bird who flew away...Around the world." "Life is a cabaret old chum, only a cabaret old chum, and I love a cabaret!"-RIP Natasha Richardson-I was honored to have witnessed her performance as Sally Bowles.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#3722007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/6/07 at 11:36am

Don't count out Lea Michele among the nominees just yet. And of course, I completely agree that the award itself still belongs to Ebersole.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

purpleprince101 Profile Photo
purpleprince101
#3732007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/6/07 at 4:05pm

nominees: Christine Ebersole
winner: Christine Ebersole

theres no need for me making other nominations, she will win 2007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Updated On: 3/6/07 at 04:05 PM

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#3742007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 3/6/07 at 4:08pm

After seeing Block last night, she is definitely in the mix.

Videos