News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Alice Ripley

aliceripleysnumber1 Profile Photo
aliceripleysnumber1
#1Alice Ripley
Posted: 6/22/12 at 9:48am

Does anyone know how Alice's voice is doing currently? In her newest single released on iTunes, "Beautiful Eyes", she sounds quite a bit better. Has anyone heard her sing live in any of her concerts? Being out of N2N has given her some vocal rest, I hope. :)

Owen22
#2Alice Ripley
Posted: 6/22/12 at 12:18pm

...is insane?

Oh, I thought this was a game...

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#2Alice Ripley
Posted: 6/22/12 at 1:42pm

Saw her do a sans-guitar Daily Practice about a month ago and it was painful. She is still a fabulous actress. Maybe she should just stick to straight plays from now on.

I know you. I know you. I know you.

ksbergslien
#3Alice Ripley
Posted: 6/22/12 at 2:34pm

i've got a recording of one of her concerts from the Metropolitan Room and heard many others from other events since N2N. her voice is back in action. many people just don't like her sound and will probably say she sounds terrible no matter what. what are ya gonna do. i think she sounds great and i'm glad her voice is better.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#4Alice Ripley
Posted: 6/22/12 at 3:10pm

She's playing the ArtHouse in Provincetown with Seth Rudetsky in Sept. so I assume she's laying low until then. I
Love Alice and even when her voice is rested people will say they don't like it.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

someone.else's.story2 Profile Photo
someone.else's.story2
#5Alice Ripley
Posted: 6/22/12 at 7:38pm

Agreed, she just has a unique voice that even when it's in prime shape isn't everyone's cup of tea. I think she's amazing, though!

“I regard the theatre as the greatest of all art forms, the most immediate way in which a human being can share with another the sense of what it is to be a human being.” ``oscar wilde``

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#6Alice Ripley
Posted: 6/22/12 at 7:41pm

Her voice is never giong to sound like it did during her Sideshow days, anymore.

It's always had a unique edge to it, and it isn't for everyone, even moreso now in the post n2n era. I still enjoy the fiery intensity she brings to everything she does and look foward to seeing what she does next.

Videos