News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Bye BYe Birdie General Rush

kubanboy21
#1Bye BYe Birdie General Rush
Posted: 12/25/09 at 2:19pm

I was just wondering if somebody here has tried this rush. I am planning to rush it in two weeks and I would like to know how early I have to get to the theater to guarantee tickets.

yankee_fan907 Profile Photo
yankee_fan907
#2re: Bye BYe Birdie General Rush
Posted: 12/25/09 at 6:26pm

My suggestion is to just not see the show. It's really not worth it. But if you really want to see it, getting there about an hour before should be OK. Maybe a little earlier if you want to be able to pick where you're sitting.

Merry Christmas!

broadwaypink
#2re: Bye BYe Birdie General Rush
Posted: 12/25/09 at 9:33pm

So if you want to see the show i suggest seeing it. i loved it. I have rushed it twice. You get to sit in the box seats. its partial viewing but u can move the seats around and consider it great seats! Plus its only 26.50!

ILuv2shop531
#3re: Bye BYe Birdie General Rush
Posted: 12/26/09 at 12:56am

So it is only box? And you do not have to be there at like 8 am like most shows?

broadwaypink
#4re: Bye BYe Birdie General Rush
Posted: 12/26/09 at 1:32am

It depends. i know that they deff have 8 tix available and im pretty sure that they have some in the very last row. There isnt a long line like other shows. Ive gotten rush tickets 4 hours before the show.

they also have student rush. Thats when you can just go right to the theatre whenever on the day you want to see the show, and they do 50 % off if you show a student i.d.

yankee_fan907
#5re: Bye BYe Birdie General Rush
Posted: 12/26/09 at 11:14am

The student rush is a rip-off compared to the general rush. The show is NOT worth the student rush price. If I had paid any more than the general rush, I would have been upset. The show was THAT bad.

bandit964 Profile Photo
bandit964
#6re: Bye BYe Birdie General Rush
Posted: 12/26/09 at 12:41pm

My friend just rushed on Monday. I'm not sure if they usually have a Monday show, but they did this week. She got to the theatre at 8:30am, and by 10:00, she was still the only one in line! Her seats were in the second to last row of the balcony. Maybe no one was there because it was a Monday show?

yankee_fan907
#7re: Bye BYe Birdie General Rush
Posted: 12/26/09 at 1:15pm

No one was there because it's an awful show.

broadwaypink
#8re: Bye BYe Birdie General Rush
Posted: 12/26/09 at 2:33pm

Well i recommend you on seeing the show. it may not be the best but you may like it. Everyone is different =]

MPtheater
#9re: Bye BYe Birdie General Rush
Posted: 12/26/09 at 2:39pm

You know what would be really useful? If someone actually gave general rush information instead of just bashing the show. I really liked the show, and I would love to rush it. So can anyone answer, can you really just get there one hour before?

ILuv2shop531
#10re: Bye BYe Birdie General Rush
Posted: 12/26/09 at 3:30pm

Your friend on the Monday was she doing general or student? Student is a half hour before right?
& then how are hiptix seats?

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#11re: Bye BYe Birdie General Rush
Posted: 12/26/09 at 3:30pm

An hour before should be fine, that's when I got my rush ticket. You could probably even go 5 minutes before the show. The theatre was quiet empty when I saw it and I moved down.

I was shocked at how bad it was. I kept looking around in amazement to see if other audiences members were seeing and hearing the mess that I was seeing and hearing. Woof.

musikman Profile Photo
musikman
#12re: Bye BYe Birdie General Rush
Posted: 12/26/09 at 3:33pm

Earlier this week, I got to the theater around 6. I was given dead center last row of the mezzanine. It was probably the last ticket as the theater looked sold out (though some box seats were still empty), but it's possible that people came after me.

I'll save my comments on the show, but I'd advise that you go for the general $26.50 rush and not the 50% off student rush.

-There's the muddle in the middle. There's the puddle where the poodle did the piddle."

broadwaypink
#13re: Bye BYe Birdie General Rush
Posted: 12/27/09 at 1:28am

I just came back from seeing the show again tonight. If you do go, i would recommend you to go this week. The understudy for rose will be on for the whole week! i enjoyed her! and dont listen to people who bash the show! you need to make your own judgment on what you think!

broadwaypink
#14re: Bye BYe Birdie General Rush

I just came back from seeing the show again tonight. If you do go, i would recommend you to go this week. The understudy for rose will be on for the whole week! i enjoyed her! and dont listen to people who bash the show! you need to make your own judgment on what you think!

broadwaypink
#15re: Bye BYe Birdie General Rush

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#16re: Bye BYe Birdie General Rush
Posted: 12/27/09 at 1:37am

When is the understudy in it until? I'm seeing it next Saturday.

yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
#17re: Bye BYe Birdie General Rush
Posted: 12/27/09 at 1:59am

Hello. Just John Natalie Hill who will be on as Rose is understudying from December 26th-December 30th. I am going to try and catch her.

Videos