Skip to main content
Shop Merch Add a Show Listing
My Shows
News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Glenn Close as HEROD in JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR (Drury Lane, Jan 2027)

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.

#1

Glenn Close as HEROD in JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR (Drury Lane, Jan 2027)

I did not have "Glenn Close sings King Herod's Song" on my 2027 bingo card, but here we are. She closes out the rotating guest-Herod slot at Theatre Royal Drury Lane, January 4-9, 2027, in Tim Sheader's production (the Regent's Park staging) led by Sam Ryder as Jesus and Tyrone Huntley as Judas. She follows a wild list of guest Herods: Matt Bomer, Michael Ball, Simon Russell Beale, Bob The Drag Queen, Layton Williams and more.


I wonder how that rotation helped ticket sales and if a similar gimiick would work here?

#2

Glenn Close as HEROD in JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR (Drury Lane, Jan 2027)

I’m going to the first preview with Bomer next Friday so I’m curious myself.

It appears that the production did well enough to warrant the second run after a busy summer at the Palladium. Broadway also seems to enjoy shows with fun star cameos here and there (See: GUTENBERG, Jellicle Ball) so if directed properly, it’s a good bit to have.

Side Note: I don’t know how they orchestrated Herod’s Song for this revival, but here’s a clip of Glenn singing a heavy metal song written by John Cameron Mitchell

https://youtu.be/MZGaxiXSKZ4?is=9yOLLidXue7DbQY2


Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Latest Posts

BroadwayWorld TV


Ticket Central
Hot Show
Tickets From $58
Hot Show
Tickets From $80
Hot Show
Tickets From $67
Hot Show
Tickets From $59