News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Hamilton Cancellation Line- Page 133

Hamilton Cancellation Line

#3300Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/13/16 at 10:04am

There's still going to be a strong secondary market of some kind even if it's not at the levels of the past month or so. Other than a few Amex premiums, the place is already sold out through May. People who want tickets and don't already have them will still need to get them from the secondary market and the cancellation line. The prices should be much more tolerable - the only question is how many $849 premiums speculators will have to take a loss on. 

lafayettelove
#3301Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/13/16 at 10:51am

https://mobile.twitter.com/HamiltonMusical/status/753235034065235968

huh???? Every website said he renewed his contract.... Anyone know whats going on?

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#3302Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/13/16 at 10:53am

lafayettelove said: "https://mobile.twitter.com/HamiltonMusical/status/753235034065235968

huh???? Every website said he renewed his contract.... Anyone know whats going on?
"

A lot of redundant discussions are going on, that's for sure.

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1094675&dt=36

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

rcbell64
#3303Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/13/16 at 10:54am

And now I will definitely be sitting the line in the next few days. He's the one cast member that I feel like would be the hardest to replace. I'm stunned.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#3304Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/13/16 at 10:57am

lafayettelove said: "https://mobile.twitter.com/HamiltonMusical/status/753235034065235968

"

Wow I guess it's confirmed then. I wasn't sure if theatermania just got it wrong.

elpielovesblackfish2 Profile Photo
elpielovesblackfish2
#3305Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/13/16 at 2:04pm

How was the line for the matinee today?

ashk8177
#3306Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/13/16 at 2:15pm

I entered the lotto today with the wishful thinking it would be less crowded. It may have been slightly less so, but not significantly. No standing room tickets were given out today either. Daveed gave a nice speech but I could not see the show at all. 

I stopped by the cancelation line and talked to someone who got there this morning (not sure time) and said she was the 37th person in line, but not sure what number ticket. She said they they were still using the list system. 

When I was walking to the train I crossed paths with Daveed on 8th ave. and completely chickened out to say anything or try to get a picture. A little boy approached him and he walked with his arm on the boy's back and talked to him a bit, which was very sweet. The boy was ecstatic and told us "he was just like a regular person!" He seemed shocked, lol. 

jshm
#3307Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/13/16 at 4:11pm

ashk8177 said: "I entered the lotto today with the wishful thinking it would be less crowded. It may have been slightly less so, but not significantly. No standing room tickets were given out today either. Daveed gave a nice speech but I could not see the show at all. 

I stopped by the cancelation line and talked to someone who got there this morning (not sure time) and said she was the 37th person in line, but not sure what number ticket. She said they they were still using the list system. 

When I was walking to the train I crossed paths with Daveed on 8th ave. and completely chickened out to say anything or try to get a picture. A little boy approached him and he walked with his arm on the boy's back and talked to him a bit, which was very sweet. The boy was ecstatic and told us "he was just like a regular person!" He seemed shocked, lol. 

"

With sub-400 tickets (450 orchestra for tonight) I don't get the idea of sleeping on the street. Obviously a week ago tickets were going towards 2k, but now is a whole different story. 

Any premium seat being released would cost more than resellers at this point

Updated On: 7/13/16 at 04:11 PM

elpielovesblackfish2 Profile Photo
elpielovesblackfish2
#3308Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/13/16 at 5:11pm

jshm said: "ashk8177 said: "I entered the lotto today with the wishful thinking it would be less crowded. It may have been slightly less so, but not significantly. No standing room tickets were given out today either. Daveed gave a nice speech but I could not see the show at all. 

"

With sub-400 tickets (450 orchestra for tonight) I don't get the idea of sleeping on the street. Obviously a week ago tickets were going towards 2k, but now is a whole different story. 

Any premium seat being released would cost more than resellers at this point

"

Are premium seats now the only ones being given out at the cancellation line?

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#3309Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/13/16 at 5:21pm

Hamilton Cancellation Lineashk8177 said: When I was walking to the train I crossed paths with Daveed on 8th ave. and completely chickened out to say anything or try to get a picture. A little boy approached him and he walked with his arm on the boy's back and talked to him a bit, which was very sweet. The boy was ecstatic and told us "he was just like a regular person!" He seemed shocked, lol. 

AW!!!!  you missed your shot?  I understand tho, I've chickened out many times with celebrities for fear of coming across obnoxious.  I'd prefer to let them have a moment of normalcy.  But watching Daveed leave the RRT & walk towards 7th Ave after the show I attended, fans ran after him for selfies and autographs.  So I decided to walk over and stand in front of him to say what was in my heart and I did =)

Updated On: 7/13/16 at 05:21 PM

ashk8177
#3310Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/13/16 at 6:04pm

MyFavoriteBrunette said: "Hamilton Cancellation Lineashk8177 said: When I was walking to the train I crossed paths with Daveed on 8th ave. and completely chickened out to say anything or try to get a picture. A little boy approached him and he walked with his arm on the boy's back and talked to him a bit, which was very sweet. The boy was ecstatic and told us "he was just like a regular person!" He seemed shocked, lol. 

AW!!!!  you missed your shot?  I understand tho, I've chickened out many times with celebrities for fear of coming across obnoxious.  I'd prefer to let them have a moment of normalcy.  But watching Daveed leave the RRT & walk towards 7th Ave after the show I attended, fans ran after him for selfies and autographs.  So I decided to walk over and stand in front of him to say what was in my heart and I did =)

I'm glad you did, too! I'm sure he appreciated it. If I saw him at the theatre with other fans around I probably would have gone for it, but with him being alone and in a different area, I totally threw away my shot :-/

"

bltl812
#3311Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/13/16 at 6:11pm

Does anyone know if re-sellers with tickets in pairs, separate them as show time approaches? 

Lafayette84
#3312Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/13/16 at 6:18pm

bltl812 said: "Does anyone know if re-sellers with tickets in pairs, separate them as show time approaches? 

"

I noticed yesterday they did for yesterday's performance. ...I ran into similar issue trying to scope out single tickets 

bltl812
#3313Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/13/16 at 6:27pm

Lafayette84 said: "bltl812 said: "Does anyone know if re-sellers with tickets in pairs, separate them as show time approaches? 

"

I noticed yesterday they did for yesterday's performance. ...I ran into similar issue trying to scope out single tickets 

"

Thanks! I'll keep my eye on the tickets ... fingers crossed ...

Updated On: 7/13/16 at 06:27 PM

CercleRouge Profile Photo
CercleRouge
#3314Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/14/16 at 1:03am

I've never seen it happen, and I've even asked StubHub and VividSeats customer service phone reps about it and they said there is no option for sellers to do it (other than deleting and re-listing)

Martin4au
#3315Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/14/16 at 8:47am

If Ticketmaster resale stays low this week go Now! Daveed is so good - if you can get there to see him go! I think with new cast it will continue to sell out and should but hopefully resale will go down! Cancellation line may get back to a sub 8 hour wait!

Fan99
#3316Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/14/16 at 9:50am

bltl812 said: "Does anyone know how long the cancellation line has been this week? We are thinking about getting in line hoping for Saturday matinee tickets and are trying to figure out when to get there. Thanks!

There were 4 people in the cancellation line when I walked by the theater at 9:20am this morning. 

"

Katmichel
#3317Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/14/16 at 11:01am

If I get the the Theatre tomorrow at 10am, how good do you think my chances are of getting a ticket to the 8pm performance? Really keen to see Daveed Diggs before he leaves however the official resale tickets for that show are selling but the price is not going down and it is making me nervous! I really want to go but not for over $700 per ticket! 10am is the earliest I can get there Hamilton Cancellation Line

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#3318Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/14/16 at 11:15am

Fan99 said: There were 4 people in the cancellation line when I walked by the theater at 9:20am this morning. 

Maybe the other 25 were on a break?  LOL!  I'm just saying this because even when the line looks short, there's a back-story to where the rest of the line is.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#3319Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/14/16 at 12:38pm

Katmichel said: "If I get the the Theatre tomorrow at 10am, how good do you think my chances are of getting a ticket to the 8pm performance? Really keen to see Daveed Diggs before he leaves however the official resale tickets for that show are selling but the price is not going down and it is making me nervous! I really want to go but not for over $700 per ticket! 10am is the earliest I can get there Hamilton Cancellation Line"

If your budget is $700, I'm confident you'll get to see the show tomorrow evening. Normally the box office sells premium tickets throughout the day at $549. If there's a line sitter, he/she normally takes those tix but if there aren't any, it's common to see people in the front pass up on those tickets... so the likelihood of them being passed to you is quite high. Good luck! :)

ryanjohn
#3320Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/14/16 at 12:56pm

sorry not sure if this is how to post on there so i hit reply... first off sorry to be lurking on here for so long and not posting but cheers to everyone on some amazing info... my question is when do the tickets get released for canelllation line?  will i have time once i get my ticket to run to my gym change into my tux and get into the show? gym is on 54th and 8th.

ryan

rcbell64
#3321Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/14/16 at 1:02pm

You might...and you might not. House tickets come out as late as showtime, down to the minute. Premium tickets and unclaimed lottery tickets come out earlier, typically. You could have as much as a few hours or as little as a minute (or walk in as the opening song ends, if you have to check a bag or something, to be honest)

lafayettelove
#3322Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/14/16 at 1:11pm

I'm sorry to say but i do not think you will. When i was there, about 20 tix came out (i was the 10th one) and the first came out at like 7:45. i went in at 7:58.  Maybe if you're a fast runner and changer and you're in the front. If not, then no. 

CercleRouge Profile Photo
CercleRouge
#3323Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/14/16 at 1:15pm

ryanjohn said: "my question is when do the tickets get released for canelllation line?  will i have time once i get my ticket to run to my gym change into my tux and get into the show? gym is on 54th and 8th."

Have you considered getting one of these track suits? 

rcbell64
#3324Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/14/16 at 1:27pm

CercleRouge said: "ryanjohn said: "my question is when do the tickets get released for canelllation line?  will i have time once i get my ticket to run to my gym change into my tux and get into the show? gym is on 54th and 8th."

Have you considered getting one of these track suits? 

"

EXcellent.

Videos