News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

THOUGHTS OF A COLORED MAN Previews- Page 2

THOUGHTS OF A COLORED MAN Previews

thecometbringsnofear Profile Photo
thecometbringsnofear
#25THOUGHTS OF A COLORED MAN Previews
Posted: 10/4/21 at 5:53pm

I saw the show Saturday night and thought it was great. It was emotional, funny, and left me thinking, which is something I love from a good play. The set design is mostly lights and projections, with very few physical set pieces. The cast was all great, and like others have said, getting to hear Luke James sing is an absolute delight. I really wish this show well, and I hope that they can keep spreading the word and that the reviews help them. It is a piece that addresses important issues in a really nuanced way. 

Sauja Profile Photo
Sauja
#26THOUGHTS OF A COLORED MAN Previews
Posted: 10/4/21 at 6:48pm

I’m curious to hear a bit more about what the show is, exactly. Is it a play with a traditional plot, or is it more a series of connected pieces linked by theme? I have tickets for later this month. I’m just not sure what to expect.

rg7759
#27THOUGHTS OF A COLORED MAN Previews
Posted: 10/6/21 at 7:04am

It really was like Amanda Gorman level- great.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#28THOUGHTS OF A COLORED MAN Previews
Posted: 10/6/21 at 12:18pm

^ Holy SH*T. 

troynow
#29THOUGHTS OF A COLORED MAN Previews
Posted: 10/10/21 at 1:19am

I saw this show a second time.. better than the first and I am now going to take my brother.

Really, the first play that could win the Tony!

David Gordon was there and he tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/mrdavidgordon/status/1447018332096454656?s=21

NormaDesmond3
#30THOUGHTS OF A COLORED MAN Previews
Posted: 10/10/21 at 2:55pm

Saw yesterday's matinee with little to no expectations, and ended up loving it! I thought each actor's performance was outstanding and found the writing to be incredibly moving. If you've been on the fence about this show, please go see it!

Keenan Scott II has a bright future ahead of him. 

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#31THOUGHTS OF A COLORED MAN Previews
Posted: 10/12/21 at 5:29pm

I saw this brilliant show last night, and it was completely packed. I immediately noticed the diversity of the audience, and it truly excited me. Producers on Broadway have ignored BIPOC forever, people who want to see shows they can relate to and have actors on stage that resemble them. This Broadway season producers realized not just white people want to spend money on theater. What a concept!

The crowd was lively, joyous, and genuinely seemed so grateful that a show like this finally made it to a Broadway stage. 

It was funny, heartbreaking, exceptional, smart, and uncomfortable. And that's a good thing. To have these kinds of conversations is vital in today's world, even though sometimes it can cause you to want to look away.

This is work of art and every single man on that stage gives everything they have and they are ALL so talented and perfectly cast in their roles.

This is a can't miss show, for everyone. 

Videos