News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mpd4165

mpd4165 Profile Photo
Member Name: mpd4165
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Waitress  Nov 5 2018, 02:45:48 PM

June Squibb on Broadway is all I need!

HEAD OVER HEELS TodayTix Rush Thread  Jul 25 2018, 09:29:56 AM

Got 2 tix for last Saturday night and the seats were Row G in the dress circle, really excellent seats for the show. Had a friend rush a single ticket and she was placed in Dress Circle as well, but in the last row House Left. 

The Boys in the Band - standing room  Jul 24 2018, 02:11:42 PM

My friends and I got SRO for the Sat matinee without any issue or standing in line beforehand. It was a couple of hours before the show and they were dead center. My friends sat on the floor for some of the moments on the second level, but I got all I needed to see from Matt Bomer....

Is it possible two rushs in one day? Which shows?  Jul 17 2018, 03:23:21 PM

It's certainly possible, but the shows on your list have not announced rush/discount policies yet, so trying to plan now is pretty difficult. if you can, try to find someone willing to get in line for one show while you're in line for another.

SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS closing Sept.16  Jul 8 2018, 10:49:10 PM

EllieRose2 said: "Belonged in primary schools and Vegas, not in the best theater district in the world. Byeeeeeeeee."

MARGARITAVILLE Cast Album Out  Feb 16 2018, 01:20:14 PM

msmp said: "I'm genuinely torn. Some of the numbers are absolutely fantastic ("Fins," "Margaritaville," etc) but some just strike me as...way too sanitized/altered ("We Are the People Our Parents Warned Us About" for my tastes (as a Buffett fan). I'm still curious to see this staged at the Marquis, but I have a more mixed opinion about the music right now.

Definitely agree that the orchestrations are a refreshing change from the typical Broadway fare, though.
"

After seeing the pre-bway run in Chicago...the staging does not help ANYTHING. I sat in amazement that this was the same team behind Come From Away. 

Reidel on 42ND STREET Revivals Eyeing Broadway  Jan 8 2018, 12:37:27 PM

Trust...based on the choreography of the Chicago production, and the audience reaction when I saw it, the dancing is INCREDIBLY satisfying, electric, and exciting. 

What do you think is the best time to visit Broadway in 2018?  Jan 3 2018, 09:54:22 AM

I did a Late March/Early April trip in 2016 and it was seriously the best. Weather was perfect for rushing in the morning, there was a good balance of shows in previews/just opened, so tickets seemed easier to get/cheaper to purchase just before Tony time.  

Come From Away rush  Oct 5 2017, 09:20:39 AM

coreman009 said: "Heyeveryone! So I’ll be in townthis Sunday and would love to get 1 ticket tothe matinee of Come From Away (unfortunately I can’t see the evening show). I have no preference in terms of a rush seat or SRO. What time would people suggest I get there? I assumethe box office doesn’t open until noon, does that push back when people get there?"

Over the summer, I got to the theatre around 7:00 AM on a Sunday and secured the center SRO sp

A View From The Bridge in Chicago  Sep 28 2017, 10:58:10 PM

I had the pleasure of experiencing this production from onstage and if you can find a spot in the front row, DO IT. the action just inches from my face was exhilarating. 

Best staged production of RENT (outside the original)?  Sep 13 2017, 05:49:37 PM

g.d.e.l.g.i. said: "Can you explain what's going on in the snapshot with the shopping cart then? I can't figure out what moment in the show that is to save my life."

This was Contact. Angel was much more a dancer than singer, so our Alexli Darling was pushed around on the cart by the bag lady as a Diva character singing the "Take Me" portion while Angel danced the ravages of their disease 

Best staged production of RENT (outside the original)?  Sep 13 2017, 02:43:22 PM

KJisgroovy said: "Sadly there's very little video footage, but I thought David Cromer's Rent at American Theater Company was exceptional. It was incredibly intimate and rough around the edges... I was able to connect with the material in a way I hadn't ever before. There were some complaints that it wasn't the best sung Rent that had ever been staged... and that's probably true... but while losing a big it gained quite a bit too.

"

Working on this production was one of the first shows I worked on in Chicago. I saw it so many times and felt grateful for it. I still have video of Seasons of Love and it's just beautifully haunting.

Ghost Quartet to return off-broadway this October  Aug 30 2017, 01:55:41 PM

A place like the Chopin or the Den would be ideal for Ghost Quartet in Chicago. CST audiences wouldn't know what to make of it (they barely stay awake for shows they subscribe to.) 

Worst National Tour  Aug 29 2017, 04:37:06 PM

Ghost. Ghost...oh god, was it horrendous. 

Caroline, or Change:  Aug 18 2017, 01:20:11 PM

Now. Like right now. 

Best price for 1984  Aug 4 2017, 01:15:38 PM

I grabbed a $35 rush ticket an hour before curtain that was sold as a "partial view", but it was the first row of the dress circle and I had zero obstruction. In case you wanted to guarantee you see the show. 

BREAKING: Mandy Patinkin Withdraws from THE GREAT COMET  Jul 28 2017, 04:46:45 PM

GeorgeandDot said: "I'm sure Oak and Casal are real proud that an entire cast of young PoC will be unemployed.

"

What the HELL is your vendetta against Oak? Seriously dude. You can't blame the actor for the actions of the freaking producers.

Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!  Jul 27 2017, 04:15:23 PM

GeorgeandDot said: "^Yes he does.  It's very clear what's happening.  I've seen this kind of thing happen many, many, many times.  The actor can't say anything because that's career suicide, but his friends can say whatever they want.  It's ridiculously unprofessional behavior."

Do you seriously hear yourself? You're damning him if does and damning him if he doesn't. 

Oak was phenomenal in the role when

Come From Away rush  Jul 23 2017, 07:28:21 AM

I got here just after 7 AM and am 7th in line. I believe I'll get SRO if each person gets 2 tix. 

A Doll's House rush for Laurie Metcalf's final week  Jul 20 2017, 12:41:17 PM

I just went by the theatre and asked about Rush for the weekend. There were 6 tickets for today and the past couple of days they have not had any. If they were to have any the rest of the weekend, it'd be no more than 10. Since this was THE show I wanted to see this trip, I jumped at the $59 mezz seat available. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You