pixeltracker

What do you think is the best time to visit Broadway in 2018?

What do you think is the best time to visit Broadway in 2018?

ItsJavert Profile Photo
ItsJavert
#1What do you think is the best time to visit Broadway in 2018?
Posted: 1/2/18 at 12:01pm

In order to save money, I usually buy airplain tickets and book hotels or airbnb in advance because it's much cheaper. The problem with this is some upcoming shows that I might be interested in are not announced at this point. So I'll have to try my luck when making the schedule. What do you think is the best time to come to Broadway? Is it true that most shows open around September to November?

Also the same question for West End. Thanks for any help!

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#2What do you think is the best time to visit Broadway in 2018?
Posted: 1/2/18 at 12:11pm

Most shows open in March and April in order to be eligible for the Tonys in June. I call it “springtime on Broadway.” That’s definitely the most exciting time of year to be in the theatre district.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#3What do you think is the best time to visit Broadway in 2018?
Posted: 1/2/18 at 1:27pm

I'd go late April or May. Tony nominations come out the first week of May so there's that extra excitement in the Bway community! I also think OBC tend to not go on vacation in May since that's the time when Tony voters go see nominated Bway shows.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#4What do you think is the best time to visit Broadway in 2018?
Posted: 1/2/18 at 9:33pm

Wick3 said: "I'd go late April or May. Tony nominations come out the first week of May so there's that extra excitement in the Bway community! I also think OBC tend to not go on vacation in May since that's the time when Tony voters go see nominated Bway shows."

April.  Everything is either open or in previews....and without the added rush of people booking tickets because of the Tony noms.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Phantom4ever
#5What do you think is the best time to visit Broadway in 2018?
Posted: 1/2/18 at 9:36pm

Just watch the first week of April because of spring break/Easter will mean big crowds and hard-to-get discounts

ItsJavert Profile Photo
ItsJavert
#6What do you think is the best time to visit Broadway in 2018?
Posted: 1/3/18 at 4:01am

Thanks for the suggestion! I honestly didn't expect so many recommendations of April because I had thought that shows to be open in April should be announced by now, but there seems not many. Maybe the announcement is not as early as I had thought.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#7What do you think is the best time to visit Broadway in 2018?
Posted: 1/3/18 at 7:27am

There are some FIFTEEN shows scheduled to open between now and the Tony cut off --  not to mention a number that are already going.

How many were you expecting?  

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#8What do you think is the best time to visit Broadway in 2018?
Posted: 1/3/18 at 9:37am

I agree with others about April but I would think coming in Jan/Feb would be good also if you can stand the cold weather. I bet it would be easier to get tickets to some shows during the winter than the spring. In addition, hotel and airline prices should be a bunch cheaper. 

Updated On: 1/3/18 at 09:37 AM

mpd4165
#9What do you think is the best time to visit Broadway in 2018?
Posted: 1/3/18 at 9:54am

I did a Late March/Early April trip in 2016 and it was seriously the best. Weather was perfect for rushing in the morning, there was a good balance of shows in previews/just opened, so tickets seemed easier to get/cheaper to purchase just before Tony time.  

ItsJavert Profile Photo
ItsJavert
#10What do you think is the best time to visit Broadway in 2018?
Posted: 1/4/18 at 11:58pm

Thanks you all for the recommendations!

Videos