pixeltracker

The Boys in the Band - standing room

The Boys in the Band - standing room

holdyourbatboy
#1The Boys in the Band - standing room
Posted: 5/3/18 at 3:12pm

Just went by the BO and they are now selling standing room to the show. She said they have great sightlines - hopefully she’s right. Very excited.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#2The Boys in the Band - standing room
Posted: 5/3/18 at 3:15pm

it's only sold when the performance is sold out, right?

Fanboy99
#3The Boys in the Band - standing room
Posted: 5/3/18 at 3:16pm

How much are the standing room tickets being sold for?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#4The Boys in the Band - standing room
Posted: 5/3/18 at 3:20pm

holdyourbatboy said: "Just went by the BO and they are now selling standing room to the show.She said they have great sightlines - hopefully she’s right. Very excited."

SRO at the Booth should be fine, not a huge house. Saw Bette a few times there from SRO. Of course, she just sat on a sofa the whole show...

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#5The Boys in the Band - standing room
Posted: 5/3/18 at 3:24pm

Do you know how much it is and when it goes on sale?

motherjonesreading
#6The Boys in the Band - standing room
Posted: 5/3/18 at 4:55pm

SRO is $40 and I think only when the show sells out, but she was confident that it would be available tonight through Saturday night.

BroadwaySusie
#7The Boys in the Band - standing room
Posted: 5/4/18 at 1:22pm

Thank you for the information.  I just picked up SRO tickets at $40pp for tonight.  Very excited!

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#8The Boys in the Band - standing room
Posted: 5/4/18 at 1:41pm

What time are they releasing SRO tickets?  When the box office opens at 10am?  Was there a line already?  

BroadwaySusie
#9The Boys in the Band - standing room
Posted: 5/4/18 at 2:08pm

I bought my tickets at noon.  There was no line since the show have not formally made an announcement about SRO/rush policy.  I only know that it's 2 tickets maximum per person.  

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#10The Boys in the Band - standing room
Posted: 5/4/18 at 2:36pm

I'm surprised they're selling SRO so early into previews as I always heard that's where creative team take notes etc. during previews. 

Good for them though that the show is selling out!

TJJ1296
#11The Boys in the Band - standing room
Posted: 5/4/18 at 4:12pm

Does anyone know about the height of the wall separating the orchestra from the standing room? My boyfriend and I want to try this for the matinee tomorrow, but he's on the shorter side and I have some shorter friends who've done standing room at other theaters and have had a bit of difficulty. 

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#12The Boys in the Band - standing room
Posted: 5/4/18 at 6:30pm

I’m 5’2” and I did standing room there for THE ELEPHANT MAN. It was perfectly fine. Actually, a nice height to rest my chin on the wall.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

BroadwayLuv2 Profile Photo
BroadwayLuv2
#13The Boys in the Band - standing room
Posted: 5/5/18 at 4:39pm

Tried standing room today.

Went to the theater around 12:30 and asked for standing tickets for tonight’s show. They told me they wouldn’t be avail until later today and to check back around 3:30 or 4.

I asked about standing for the matinee and they said they were not offering but they had $99 box seats, which I turned down (I sat in the boxes for meteor shower and it was one of the worst views I’ve ever experienced. Very Obstructed. Do not know how sightlines are for Boys).

Came back to theater around 3:30 and got 2 standing tickets for tonight!

Really excited to see this!

RJEvans
#14The Boys in the Band - standing room
Posted: 5/6/18 at 12:26am

Anyone know if there will be rush/lottery for this show?

BroadwayLuv2 Profile Photo
BroadwayLuv2
#15The Boys in the Band - standing room
Posted: 5/6/18 at 12:47am

Did SRO only tonight.  Just so everyone knows the view is pretty good but since the set is on 2 levels you cannot see anything on the upper level.  There are several scenes that you miss, I guess one of them was the Matt Bomer shower/underwear scene.   Nothing major happens on the 2nd level and the scenes that do are fairly short.  For $40 it's a pretty good deal.  But if you want the full view of the stage this might not be the best option.  Also the ticket is not stamped partial view and the box office person did not mention this either.  

TJJ1296
#16The Boys in the Band - standing room
Posted: 5/6/18 at 5:52pm

I went to the box office yesterday (Sunday, 5/5) for opening. There were about six of us in line at 10 and were told that they wouldn't sell an SRO ticket until at least two hours prior to curtain and that the matinee most likely wouldn't sell out clean so we should expect them not to be doing it. So if you're planning on doing it, make sure to check telecharge in advance or you'll be disappointed. 

A weird phenomenon happened though that there were no tickets listed on Stubhub for the matinee and then all of a sudden a pair of tickets in the last row orchestra house left opened up for $130 each (far below face value). They then went down two hours before curtain to $70 each. I bought them immediately. I picked them up and found they'd been marked full price $179 but with fees that had to be upwards of $200. These were a steal! 

When I arrived at the theater, I found that our seats were being covered by the tech booth. The usher said we could just leave a seat between us and the table and move closer to the center. Another woman came and said she'd just walked up to the box office ten minutes before curtain and asked if they had any left and they sold her a discounted ticket for that row as well. I don't know if this was a fluke or a regular practice through previews. I assume they'll be fine tuning the lights and sound design for the next week or so. 

So if you're willing to wait close to showtime, check stubhub and the box office to see if they'll sell you these seats. The view was great since it's such a small, intimate theater. The only sightline issues we had were with the upper level of the set (it's a very similar design to the The Humans, if you've seen it), but if you duck a bit you can see everything just fine (especially Matt Bomer in his underwear before the shower scene!!! lol) and not much happens on the second level beside the first ten or so minutes and then one scene later on. I'm sure the whole second level was obstructed entirely for anyone who would've been standing behind us. 

Hope this helps! 

Updated On: 5/6/18 at 05:52 PM

PhantomOfFleetStreet
#17The Boys in the Band - standing room
Posted: 5/8/18 at 2:40pm

Anybody doing this for tonights show? A friend wants to come with me last minute but idk when they were supposed to get to the theatre today. I read here that the box office doesnt start selling them until 3:30 if available. Is this true for one show days?

Jonathan Cohen Profile Photo
Jonathan Cohen
#18The Boys in the Band - standing room
Posted: 5/8/18 at 3:45pm

I went to the box office today and was told that their current policy is that they won't be selling standing room only tickets on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays before they open. After once they officially open they'll be standing room only for all performances (I don't know if that presumes everything else will sell out of not) but there will be no rush even after they open. 

That's what I was told at 3:10pm today, that policy could change at 4:10pm today if you get what I mean. 

BTW, the Saturday BroadwayLuv2 got SRO tickets I asked in the morning and was told to come back in the late afternoon. I got there at 4:45pm and was told SRO already sold out. So if it's one of the days they might have SRO I would error on the side of checking early.  

Relevance81491
#19The Boys in the Band - standing room
Posted: 5/16/18 at 2:44pm

Im hoping to see the show SRO tomorrow.  Can anyone provide an account of what they have experienced lately.  Im thinking of swinging by the box office around 11-12:45

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#20The Boys in the Band - standing room
Posted: 5/16/18 at 3:20pm

I was there this past Saturday matinee (the performance where Parsons got injured). I went to the box office at about 12:30, and they had several left. Someone in front of me in line got one, and I heard him offer it to someone else behind me too. Based on the bit I overheard, it sounds like they had a few seats left despite the fact that they were selling SRO already. 

dbird
#21The Boys in the Band - standing room
Posted: 5/16/18 at 5:09pm

JBroadway said: "I was there this past Saturday matinee (the performance where Parsons got injured). I went to the box office at about 12:30, and they had several left. Someone in front of me in line got one, and I heard him offer it to someone else behind me too. Based on the bit I overheard, it sounds like they had a few seats left despite the fact that they were selling SRO already."

My experience from last week: went to the theatre around 6 pm on Monday and was told that they wouldn't do SRO until Thursday (production took the SRO spots so it wasn't a matter of selling out). Went back Friday again and they said that they'd do SRO on Saturday once they sold out (at that point they had a few seats left) though they were not expecting to do so immediately at box office opening and told me to come around 11am for matinee tickets. I checked Friday night and could only see a few seats online for the matinee. I was rushing for Carousel so walked over to ask once I got my tickets for that - it was around 10:15 am - and got two SRO tickets without an issue for the matinee.

As a side note - SRO is not the best experience as the mezzanine overhang cuts down the stage heavily, at times for extended scenes.

Jonathan Cohen Profile Photo
Jonathan Cohen
#22The Boys in the Band - standing room
Posted: 5/17/18 at 11:48am

I went to the box office at 10:45pm today and they told me to check back later for SRO because they still hadn't sold out yet. Which makes sense, but since I've tried several times before and been told standing room only was already sold out, despite there still being tickets available on their website, timing hitting the box office remains something of a crapshoot. 

Fosse76
#23The Boys in the Band - standing room
Posted: 5/17/18 at 12:34pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "What time are they releasing SRO tickets? When the box office opens at 10am? Was there a line already?"

They don't start selling standing room until the performance is sold out (or close to sold out). So while it could be as early as 10am when the box office opens, it could be as late as a half-hour before curtain.

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#24The Boys in the Band - standing room
Posted: 5/26/18 at 8:07pm

Any updates from this past week or so?

#25The Boys in the Band - standing room
Posted: 5/26/18 at 9:59pm

I went today and got the last SRO ticket which ended up being for the matinee around noon. 

As mentioned by a previous user, the SRO view for this show is horrible. You cannot see anything that happens in the second level of the set. Full scenes happen up there, along with other moments. What bothered me most was that my ticket nor the box office attendant mentioned that the view was obstructed. Usually it's expected that for SRO the top of the stage will be slightly cut off, but in this case, it was half the stage. For $40, I shouldn't complain because it was still very worth it. Just a warning.