News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for moncruzz

moncruzz Profile Photo
Member Name: moncruzz
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Shows That Implemented Substantial Changes Between First Preview and Opening Night  Dec 3 2017, 02:54:42 AM
Allegiance.
MisCast 2016  Apr 6 2016, 06:38:32 PM

Wow thank you for that.  I'm in tears from laughing.   The boys did great.

ALLEGIANCE Reviews  Dec 8 2015, 01:57:45 AM

TerrenceIsTheMann said: "How in any way are Allegiance tickets "super cheap"? Are they giving away 20 dollar tickets somewhere, or?"

Oops that's my mistake.  I keep seeing $39 on my TodayTix app, so I assumed they are giving away the tickets.  I didn't realize that price is for Rear Balcony seating.  But I believe, they are running Lottery through Social Media for discounted tickets.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/6/15  Dec 8 2015, 01:37:16 AM

They are releasing the Allegiance Cast Recording in January.  Is that a sign that they have some sort of profit going on?  Or are they recording while they can. 

It seems they announced Lea Salonga's Fun Home casting this early on, to hint she won't be around for long and hope to boost ticket sales, but it seems that strategy isn't working.

ALLEGIANCE Reviews  Dec 8 2015, 01:28:32 AM

I'd hate to continue the "I really wanted to love the show, but it just fell flat" theme of the reviews, but that's exactly how I felt after watching it for the first time last week.  

I thought it was "GOOD".  But not that good for me to sing praises and tell my family and friends to fly to New York to go see it.  

Also, after seeing Spring Awakening the day after, I just felt bad for the Allegiance production as a whole.  It just felt.. extremely low-budget.  

Pros:

Lea Salonga is radiant as always.  Lots of humor (perhaps too many).  Lea Salonga and George Takei both succeeded in putting me to tears (yes, this is a good thing).  Was not a fan of the song Higher, but when sung in context of the show, it turned out to be a very emotional and heartfelt moment.  

Cons:

Felt like a high school production, seemed like the lights were just on the whole time.  No creative stage lighting, props, stage design, etc.  

Too much humor.  I honestly did not feel like they were mistreated in any way.  I was expecting a song about, "what have u done to me, America?" kind of gritty song, but nope, they just played baseball and went to the dance.  Everything was sugar coated.  The show didn't show them suffering.  AT ALL.  

I think it suffered a Pearl Harbor the Movie kind of dilemma, where as the Internment camp alone should have been enough of a tragedy, yet they added other tearjerkers (father/son drama), which I felt was unnecessary.  SPOILER ALERT.   Granted,  I did cry when old Sammy was talking about his father and how he never said he loved him, but it  felt like a cheap trick to get the emotions riled up to end the show on a high note.  

WITH THAT SAID, Go see Allegiance since the tickets are super cheap now.    

A new Spring Awakening cast recording?  Dec 1 2015, 06:18:53 PM

The revival is miles better than the original.  Luckily, the original cast recording sounds practically the same.  As much as I'd love to have Austin McKenzie's versions of the songs, there seems to be no need for a re-recording. 

Has there been any announcement regarding filming the staged version for theatrical release ? 

Broadway Before And After  Dec 1 2015, 05:16:40 PM

American Beauty and the Beast

Beautiful: The Carole King and I

Spelling Be Yourself

My Fair Lady and the Tramp

Little Miss Saigon

Miss Saigon Dream Casting  Dec 1 2015, 04:43:41 PM

Austin Mckenzie would make a heartbreaking Chris. 

Speaking of casting, what the hell ever happened to  Miss Saigon the Movie?

SPRING AWAKENING revival failing at box office  Dec 1 2015, 02:28:17 PM

gypsy101 said: "Scarywarhol said: "Was hoping that Late Night performance would move a few tickets. It just came on and oh my God, was that awkward in every possible way. The performance and filming. Ouch."

I didn't think it was a bad performance, but thought the song selection wasn't correct. A missed opportunity, that's for sure."

I thought quite the contrary.  The performance was enough to convinc

SPRING AWAKENING revival failing at box office  Nov 30 2015, 01:57:31 PM

Hamilton22 said: "I honestly can't bring myself to see this production. I saw the original production many times and just don't have the motivation anymore  to sit through teenagers jumping up and down and singing lyrics that don't make any sense. "

You HAVE to watch this production.  The cast is superb and it feels like an entirely new show.  I myself was doubtful of the ASL aspect, but I felt that it added so much depth to t

Allegiance Previews  Oct 13 2015, 12:16:45 AM

The original tweet, which Lea replied to, mentioned of a troll that was in this board.  Lea's reply was mostly about the troll.  I think she assumed the link to the board was regarding the troll's judgment of the show, which was only 2 previews in at that time.

BILLY ELLIOT star writes a biography  Jul 8 2013, 01:45:12 PM
read it loved it. kudos to alex for being such a young "author". whether or not he wrote everything .
Lea being considered for Streisand's biopic!!  Jun 26 2013, 12:26:42 PM
I was thinking Lea Salonga!??
What musicals/plays to watch in Summer/June 2013?  Mar 29 2013, 06:51:32 PM
Thanks for the suggestions! I might just go ahead and stick to Matilda and Pippin. I am confident Jekyll and Hyde will make its way to SF during its tour run and same goes with Peter and the Starcatcher.

Play Esq, what time/day is Shakespeare in the Park? and how much of my day will be spent getting tickets, waiting in line for good seats, etc. I tried to go on the website, but no info yet till after April 15. Thanks!!

What musicals/plays to watch in Summer/June 2013?  Mar 27 2013, 06:59:22 PM
I tried to do some searches, but no clear consensus came up. I know some shows won't be in previews until April, but I would like to buy tickets ASAP. I'm looking for two of the best musicals I can possibly watch in NYC. I live in San Francisco so I would also like to avoid anything that might be touring SF in the fall or spring of next year. (SHNSF's last season sucked big time except for BOM)

I know I'm interested in Matilda and possibly Peter and the Starcatcher. I have no idea

Tina Fey just mentioned MEAN GIRLS - THE MUSICAL on E!  Jan 28 2013, 01:36:00 PM
Can I add Lea Salonga as the Vietnamese slut? LOL

She certainly has the experience...

BILLIY ELLIOT = Snoozefest  Oct 3 2012, 03:49:03 PM
Add me to the Billy lovers. Although the OP's reply with having a tall Billy is probably the issue here. Having an innocent-looking, SHORT and very young-looking Billy is a definite must to this production. It doesnt work if you're seeing a grown teenager doing pirouettes. It just isn't as impressive or as emotion-inducing. :)
Musicals with ADORABLE little girls...  Sep 28 2012, 03:11:40 PM
Les Mis
Billy Elliot ballet girls!

Miss Saigon Movie  Sep 28 2012, 03:02:29 PM
I'm 17 and I'm new here today....
Is Book of Mormon Worth The Price?  Sep 27 2012, 12:25:04 PM
The San Francisco run sold out in minutes. StubHub has tickets for $300 and up. I say anyone that can see it for less than $150 is extremely lucky.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You