pixeltracker

Lea being considered for Streisand's biopic!!

all that jazz Profile Photo
all that jazz
#1Lea being considered for Streisand's biopic!!
Posted: 6/26/13 at 11:14am

I'm currently reading this book and it's amazing! Needless to say, I think Dame Lea would be sensational in the role, perhaps even Oscar worthy...

What do you guys think? Please let's try to keep the hating to a minimum.

Link Updated On: 6/26/13 at 11:14 AM

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#2Lea being considered for Streisand's biopic!!
Posted: 6/26/13 at 11:17am

Porque te dignas a llamar esa muchacha una dama? La mocosa aun no ha llegado las alturas para merecerse ese titulo.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2Lea being considered for Streisand's biopic!!
Posted: 6/26/13 at 11:18am

I think Streisand would likely put a stop to this.

broadway guy
#3Lea being considered for Streisand's biopic!!
Posted: 6/26/13 at 11:23am

Dame Lea would be spot on casting for Barbra. Perfection

AnthVoice2010 Profile Photo
AnthVoice2010
#4Lea being considered for Streisand's biopic!!
Posted: 6/26/13 at 11:25am

Lea will never do this...and why does the director have to be open and gay to direct a movie about a 19 year old girl in New York City in 1960? A woman can't direct it? Would Speilberg not know what to do with the story???

..and Lana Del Ray is TONE DEAF!! and looks like Nancy Sinatra....

This is just stupid...

"There's no damn business like show business - you have to smile to keep from throwing up." - Billie Holiday

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#5Lea being considered for Streisand's biopic!!
Posted: 6/26/13 at 11:27am

Jessie Mueller

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

finebydesign Profile Photo
finebydesign
#6Lea being considered for Streisand's biopic!!
Posted: 6/26/13 at 11:31am

YES for all the wrong reasons! Please! PLEASE!

all that jazz
#7Lea being considered for Streisand's biopic!!
Posted: 6/26/13 at 11:35am

Carlos, eso surgio de un post que yo hice en el thread de Unpopular opinions you hold, luego de estar todo el dia discutiendo sobre ella en varios threads. Y desde esa ocasion a veces me refiero asi de ella, pero es mas como un apodo, no es nada serio. Pienso que ella es ridículamente talentosa y a veces me molesta cuando la gente denigra sin razón.

NOB88
#8Lea being considered for Streisand's biopic!!
Posted: 6/26/13 at 11:36am

Shankman as his dream director? After the way he botched ROA? More like nightmare.

iluvtheatertrash
#9Lea being considered for Streisand's biopic!!
Posted: 6/26/13 at 11:37am

I just threw up in my mouth.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#10Lea being considered for Streisand's biopic!!
Posted: 6/26/13 at 11:38am

I'm all for Lana if they use Barbara's original vocal tracks.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#11Lea being considered for Streisand's biopic!!
Posted: 6/26/13 at 11:39am

"and why does the director have to be open and gay to direct a movie about a 19 year old girl in New York City in 1960?"

My thoughts exactly AnthVoice; truly a strange comment and while not intended as such I'm sure, offensive.

broadway guy
#12Lea being considered for Streisand's biopic!!
Posted: 6/26/13 at 11:43am

Definitivamente puedo ver por qué algunas personas no le gusta pero ella es una locura talento y yo creo que ella sería sorprendente como barbra. Dame Lea parece que ella quiere hacer más cine y TV por lo que creo que esto sería perfecto para ella.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#13Lea being considered for Streisand's biopic!!
Posted: 6/26/13 at 11:44am

@ allthatjazz ~ ya veo

all that jazz
#14Lea being considered for Streisand's biopic!!
Posted: 6/26/13 at 11:45am

Guy! No sabías que hablabas español! Lea being considered for Streisand's biopic!!

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#15Lea being considered for Streisand's biopic!!
Posted: 6/26/13 at 11:47am

The fact that someone referred to Lea as "Dame Lea" made me gag a little.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#16Lea being considered for Streisand's biopic!!
Posted: 6/26/13 at 11:49am

Oy.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#17Lea being considered for Streisand's biopic!!
Posted: 6/26/13 at 11:50am

I would rather watch paint dry.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

AnthVoice2010
#18Lea being considered for Streisand's biopic!!
Posted: 6/26/13 at 11:54am

LOLOLO!

"There's no damn business like show business - you have to smile to keep from throwing up." - Billie Holiday

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#19Lea being considered for Streisand's biopic!!
Posted: 6/26/13 at 11:54am

I'm not exactly sure what the "big story" is here.

Her struggle to make it is the most interesting part, because she was so unique at the time.

After that? Some failed marriages, a whole lot of success, movies, albums, awards, bubble baths, manicures, scented candles, potpourri, ... and?

EDIT: Just realized ... it ENDS with 1964 and Funny Girl on Broadway. 'Cause the rest is, you know, not that compelling.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
Updated On: 6/26/13 at 11:54 AM

broadway guy
#20Lea being considered for Streisand's biopic!!
Posted: 6/26/13 at 11:56am

Jazz: 6 años de él para escuela :)

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#21Lea being considered for Streisand's biopic!!
Posted: 6/26/13 at 11:59am

I don't really see what's offensive about that comment about a gay director. It's not like they declared an edict.

AnthVoice2010
#22Lea being considered for Streisand's biopic!!
Posted: 6/26/13 at 12:02pm

The book is amazing because - well - she was a complete original who really (like Sinatra) did this her way - without following any path...

The four years it concentrates on are not just the most important of Barbra's life but highly important in understanding show biz, pre and post Barbra....

Nothing was the same in american show business after the opening night of "Funny Girl" in 1964...

all that jazz
#23Lea being considered for Streisand's biopic!!
Posted: 6/26/13 at 12:13pm

"and why does the director have to be open and gay to direct a movie about a 19 year old girl in New York City in 1960?"

It could also have something to do with the fact, that she got her start in gay clubs, and gay men were the ones that helped shape her persona.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/07/books/review/hello-gorgeous-becoming-barbra-streisand-by-william-j-mann.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#24Lea being considered for Streisand's biopic!!
Posted: 6/26/13 at 12:18pm

"I don't really see what's offensive about that comment about a gay director."

I guess it depends how one feels about the ethics, fairness and legality of qualifying a preference or affinity for a director based on race, gender, ethnicity or sexual orientation. I have a problem with it (leaving apart issues of diversity and affirmative action which, unless I'm mistaken, don't seem to be applicable to the issue of who directs a Streisand biopic). The same is true for most employment positions (obviously in many instances, casting is a different and rather complex question because gender and race and ethnicity (if not sexual orientation) may legitimately impact the experience of seeing someone in a role, depending on all manner of issues which have often been discussed and debated on this board).

Updated On: 6/26/13 at 12:18 PM

Videos