News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for vegas2

Member Name: vegas2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Mother (The Atlantic Theater Company) - Previews  Feb 25 2019, 12:32:32 PM

Ouch.  I hope others will report as well.  

MY FAIR LADY (2018) Previews  Mar 20 2018, 07:45:33 PM

Ambrose's singing was soft, especially early in the show.  I think she was amplified more than the others.  I strained a little to hear her in the beginning, and I was seated in the third row, center orchestra.  Later in the show her voice was stronger.  She hit the high notes very well.  I enjoyed her performance, and would love to see the show again later in the run.

My Fair Lady running time  Mar 19 2018, 12:11:28 AM

Sunday's matinee was 3 hours 10 minutes.

Some of the book scenes could go a bit faster, and the set changes are a still a bit deliberate, probably for safety's sake.

Anspacher Theater - Partial View? (The Low Road)  Mar 18 2018, 12:39:38 PM

I had one of those seats -- last row, all the way to audience right.  The pillar blocked some upstage action, but for $30 it wasn't a deal-killer for me.  I was able to slide one seat to my left for Act I, since that person didn't show up, and then one more seat to my left when someone left at intermission.  Still somewhat obstructed, but not bad.  Warning, though: It's chilly in that part of the theatre.  It was a cold day, and there was quite a draft com

My Fair Lady running time  Mar 18 2018, 12:31:34 PM

Thanks, everyone.  I asked because I will have to boogie out to Brooklyn for the 7:30 performance of The Winter's Tale.  Looks like I am in for a mad dash.  I should have signed up for the half marathon!

The things we do for love!

My Fair Lady running time  Mar 17 2018, 11:00:51 PM

I understand that the early previews have been running a bit long.  What's the latest running time? 

Will there be discounts for Once on this Island?  Dec 30 2017, 12:50:38 PM

It must be doing well, since I can no longer find discount codes.  Any predictions for codes popping up in the next month or two?  I have a Sunday night slot to fill during my next NYC trip, and this show would fit nicely.

Front row at Bernard B. Jacobs?  Jun 20 2017, 04:57:08 PM

I am not the OP, but I think it's great how much help everyone is giving.

Sweeney vs Pacific Overtures  Apr 29 2017, 06:07:53 PM

This was my first exposure to Pacific Overtures, and I found it to be wan.  I could happily have waited for a better production, and look forward to seeing one someday.

I am looking forward to Sweeney.

11 show's, 7 Days  Apr 17 2017, 04:06:42 PM

For those of us who must travel in order to enjoy the NY theatre scene, packing as many shows as possible into one trip is actually the most economical approach.  

11 show's, 7 Days  Apr 17 2017, 02:00:08 PM

Nice report.  Thanks!

HELLO, DOLLY! Previews  Apr 17 2017, 01:57:48 PM

I did not say I had seen Midler perform live.  I have seen much of her film and television work, where, in my opinion, she has performed a wide variety of characters quite well.  I had forgotten, also, that I had heard a recording of at least part of a concert performance many decades ago, so perhaps I have heard the persona even if I haven't seen it.

Nonetheless, I don't think one needs to see an actress perform in her own persona in order to judge whe

HELLO, DOLLY! Previews  Apr 16 2017, 10:50:28 PM

BrodyFosse123, 

Regarding your "Um":

I have not seen Midler in concert.  So I stand by my statement that I have not seen the "Divine" persona. I have always seen her play characters.  And that is what she is doing here.

HELLO, DOLLY! Previews  Apr 16 2017, 07:58:55 PM

I have only seen Midler perform a few times, and never in the "Divine" persona, nor have I seen any other production of Dolly.  But when I saw this production about 10 days ago it seemed to me that Midler was very much playing the Dolly character throughout.  There weren't any flubs in the performance I saw, and I don't think there were any adlibs.  Midler created a plausible character, and showed some fine comic chops. She play-acted at being worn out a few t

Pacific Overtures previews  Apr 12 2017, 02:06:38 AM

This is the first production I have ever seen of Pacific Overtures.  Even with nothing to compare it to, I felt like something was missing.  Curtain call felt like it should be merely intermission.  I enjoyed what I saw, but there just wasn't enough there to be satisfying. I think that I would enjoy a more complete production, and I hope that someday I will see one. 

SUNSET BOULEVARD in Performances  Mar 5 2017, 11:13:02 PM

I would love to see this from the front orchestra.  I generally like to see shows up close.  But how close is too close for this production?  I don't want to be craning my neck all the time.  But I would love to see Glenn Close's facial expressions up close.

SIGNIFICANT OTHER Previews  Feb 18 2017, 01:15:56 PM

Worth noting, 5 older patrons in my row, all who had discussed individually getting tickets via TDF, left at intermission in a hurry. To quote one of them, "This is lousy - terrible writing, why does everything always have to be gay and interracial?"

I would have expected TDF members, of any age, to be more enlightened.

FWIW, I was surrounded by older patrons at the Pels, and they loved the show. Most of them seemed to be straight couples.  

Searching a range of dates on Ticketmaster  Jan 27 2017, 03:32:23 PM

Thanks for the confirmation.  Compared to TC, TM seems technologically challenged.

Searching a range of dates on Ticketmaster  Jan 27 2017, 03:20:25 AM

I'm more familiar with Telecharge, where I can easily look for available tickets over a range of dates, and if there's nothing available for a particular date, TC just skips over it and takes me to the next date that has tickets available.   How can I do this on Ticketmaster?  It looks like I have to search one date at a time, even if there are no available tickets for that performance. And I don't want to see resale tickets, just those available directly from the b

She Loves Me (Studio 54) Seating  Mar 6 2016, 10:47:07 PM

I sat in L-109, and the mezzanine overhang did not obstruct anything.  There is only one "upstairs" acting area on the set, and the overhang didn't even come close to obstructing my view of it.  I liked the view from center orchestra.  Wouldn't have minded being a few rows closer to the stage, but I was happy.  

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You