News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Fordham2015

Member Name: Fordham2015
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

ILLINOISE Reviews  May 9 2024, 02:49:40 PM

Fellow Broadway stage manager Lisa Iacucci has started a GoFundMe to help Thomas' husband Rick

https://www.gofundme.com/f/for-the-love-of-rick-and-thom

Robert Downey Jr to make Broadway debut in Ayad Akhtar's McNeal at Lincoln Center  May 7 2024, 12:14:18 PM

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/07/theater/robert-downey-jr-ayad-akhtar-broadway.html

2024 Pulitzer Prize Predictions  May 6 2024, 03:30:10 PM

Winner: Primary Trust

Finalists: Public Obscenities and Here There Are Blueberries

Just announced on the livestream

MOTHER PLAY Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  May 4 2024, 08:06:50 PM

I was at today's matinee and absolutely loved it. All three actors are firing on all cylinders. Lange's silent scene is a smidge too long, but that's a very minor complaint. And the projected cockroaches are hysterical

What’s going on at Second Stage?  May 2 2024, 09:07:19 PM

jkcohen626 said: "I don't think there's anything to worry about yet. Of the Broadway nonprofits, only Roundabout has announced their full season. Lincoln Center also hasn't announced anything and MTC hasn't announced their Winter show (which usually has similar dates to 2nd Stage's first show of the season)."

MTC's winter show is Eureka Day

Happy 20th Anniversary to the Bway Opening of CAROLINE, OR CHANGE  May 2 2024, 12:25:58 PM

One year for each dollar Noah gets from Mr. Stopnick

Your Single Favorite 2024 Tony Nomination  Apr 30 2024, 03:50:36 PM

Amy Ryan for Doubt. She took on one of the great roles in 21st century drama with a week's notice and was absolutely tremendous. Maybe not a perfect production, but that was a performance for the ages

Insert name of show : posting closing notices  Apr 30 2024, 12:24:53 PM

I didn't even like Back to the Future and I know it's not going anywhere when it's making a million a week

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Apr 29 2024, 03:53:59 PM

Dylan Smith4 said: "Broadway Flash said: "They’re already practically sold out through September. All this promotion, I guess, is for future performances even when they’re gone?"

This show is not going anywhere any time soon. They are gonna do what they've done with the London production and rotate celebrities in the starring roles. With all the time spent reconfiguring this theatre, they are likely gonna run for a long time.
"

Ncuti Gatwa, Sharon D Clarke and Hugh Skinner to headline THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING EARNEST at National Theatre  Apr 28 2024, 07:41:41 PM

Sharon D Clarke is a perfect Lady Bracknell. I can already hear her saying "A handbag?"

BACK TO THE FUTURE Reviews  Apr 27 2024, 08:28:49 PM

I was at today's matinee. I can't get over the fact that the show ends by cutting off Power of Love so the DeLorean can fly over the audience. That gives a pretty good idea of where its priorities lie.

The George McFly understudy was on and he was the highlight of the show, along with Jelani Remy as Goldie Wilson. Though it's not a great sign when two side characters have better songs than Marty and Doc Brown.

The scenic/video design was stellar and the show&

MOTHER PLAY Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  Apr 25 2024, 06:01:59 PM

chrishuyen said: "Do we know when reviews are coming out for this?"

Adam Feldman tweeted the embargo lifts at 9:30 

UNCLE VANYA 2024 Broadway Reviews  Apr 24 2024, 09:10:09 PM

Sara Holdren isn't a fan- "one of the least sexy Vanyas I've ever seen" 

https://www.vulture.com/article/uncle-vanya-steve-carell-heidi-schreck.html

OH MARY! Officially Transferring to Lyceum Theatre this Summer - 12 Weeks  Apr 24 2024, 04:14:11 PM

BroadwayNYC2 said: "For those who hate the Lortel Balcony, just you wait for the Lyceum balcony!"

I sat there for A Strange Loop and never again. Mezzanine for Grey House was much better

2024 Drama League Award nominations announced  Apr 22 2024, 11:53:36 AM

The same Ohio producer who mouthed off on Twitter during the run is now complaining that it was the "only" Broadway musical not nominated for Drama League. As the above count shows, that's not true.

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Apr 22 2024, 10:03:21 AM

The Merrily banner ad on Playbill this morning is an excellent troll

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Apr 22 2024, 09:49:23 AM

MemorableUserName said: "Oh boy. It seems like for any show this year with a woman-led creativeteam that gets anything but raves, people have complained that the critics aren'tshowing proper appreciation for woman-directed and created work. And sure enough, one of the comments on Vulture's review is just that, even though the review is by a woman. Seriously, critic haters, get a new schtick.

Never mind that Merrily is also directed by a woman

Also, ano

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Apr 21 2024, 09:47:40 PM

The only thing that excited me about this revival was Bebe Neuwirth. It seems I was correct.

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Apr 21 2024, 09:45:16 PM

And this from Holdren:

"As the Emcee, Eddie Redmayne is on his own look-at-me planet. His singing voice never leaves a plugged-up, somewhat Muppet-y place somewhere behind his nose, and his physical palette is all coyly twirling fingers and hunched-up, leering Gollum poses. He’s clearly loving doing a voice, but his diction is a mess. Far too many of the razor-edged lyrics that come out of his mouth are nearly indecipherable."

With this mixe

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Apr 21 2024, 09:40:59 PM

I thought Jesse's "person next to you" line in Notebook would be my favorite quip of his this season, but there's some stiff competition in this review:

"The problem for me is that “Cabaret” has a distinctive profile already. The extreme one offered here frequently defaces it."

"But too often a misguided attempt to resuscitate the show breaks its ribs."

"The point of Sally, and of “Cabaret” mor

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You