News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for FirstNighter2

Member Name: FirstNighter2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SIMARD ON AS JOANNE TODAY
 Mar 1 2022, 10:31:26 PM

Dollypop said: "

I was in my senior rear of college when COMPANY premiered.

"

Do you remember his name?

THE MUSIC MAN Reviews
 Feb 11 2022, 01:16:53 PM

Owen22 said: "FirstNighter2 said: "How you can screw up The Music Man is beyond me. It’s time tested and pure Americana. They cut a song. From a classic American musical comedy. Why? They added a tap number. Why? They put a big red wall up. Why? So many odd and disrespectful (to the property and the audience) decisions — all of which have been a topic here for the last two months. It’s not as if they didn’t have notice. It’s that they didn&rsquo

THE MUSIC MAN Reviews
 Feb 11 2022, 01:16:50 PM

Owen22 said: "FirstNighter2 said: "How you can screw up The Music Man is beyond me. It’s time tested and pure Americana. They cut a song. From a classic American musical comedy. Why? They added a tap number. Why? They put a big red wall up. Why? So many odd and disrespectful (to the property and the audience) decisions — all of which have been a topic here for the last two months. It’s not as if they didn’t have notice. It’s that they didn&rsquo

THE MUSIC MAN Reviews
 Feb 11 2022, 08:37:19 AM

How you can screw up The Music Man is beyond me. It’s time tested and pure Americana. They cut a song. From a classic American musical comedy. Why? They added a tap number. Why? They put a big red wall up. Why? So many odd and disrespectful (to the property and the audience) decisions — all of which have been a topic here for the last two months. It’s not as if they didn’t have notice. It’s that they didn’t care. And that’s what makes this revival so

THE MUSIC MAN Previews
 Jan 26 2022, 10:19:54 AM

Does anyone know if “It’s You” is still cut? I can’t imagine why they would take this impossibly charming, 2-minute song out of the show. It’s one of my favorites. I hate that they’ve done so and I’m desperately hoping they corrected this error.

Theatrical performance on cable 1980s
 Dec 28 2021, 12:12:56 PM

Could the play have been “Where There’s A Will There’s A Murder”? The plot you’re describing is quite similar.

Company Previews Thread
 Dec 4 2021, 07:34:49 PM

I’m in the audience tonight. Can anyone tell me what seat Sondheim sat in?

Funny Girl 2022 Revival
 Oct 6 2021, 08:45:03 AM

Someone in a Tree2 said: "With all the calls for someone actually Jewish to play Fanny, remind me exactly which shtetl did Jane Lynch hail from again?"

This. Not Jackie Hoffman?!

DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release
 Sep 26 2021, 02:30:21 PM

Ouch.

Outside of Amy Adams and Julianne Moore, very little of this worked for me. So glad someone else mentioned the overwrought-ness of Platt’s performance. The tears and the bulging veins took me right out of the piece, as well. I, too, was left thinking “he’s really really going for that Oscar.”

I saw Platt on stage twice and what I found moving the first time, I found mannered and manipulative the second. I walked away from the second pe

Tony Prediction Thread
 Sep 22 2021, 11:36:54 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "In all seriousness, all I want is for “The Inheritance” and Paul Hilton to win.

Oh, and Jake. Obviously Jake. Jake.

Jake…..

Jake. “

I love you.

Sep 22 2021, 08:19:06 AM
The person that needed to hear that is Marc Platt (and his son, Ben).
Caroline
 Sep 12 2021, 01:12:35 AM

Sutton wrote: “Awesome! She's not in it of course in New York but DO YOU.”

This was settled by Huss417 the end of August.

Caroline
 Sep 11 2021, 03:15:59 PM
Good Lord, the self-satisfaction. My head hurts.
 Sep 10 2021, 07:25:44 PM

Jordan Levinson said: " Currently 53% on Rotten Tomatoes (and an ugly 44% among top critics) based on 19 reviews… but the Post liked it. Love letter to Platt, who Johnny Oleksinski says will “pummel you in the end.”"

I suspect Mr. Okeksinski has it backwards.

Adrienne Warren to depart TINA on 10/31
 Sep 10 2021, 10:34:42 AM
Her announced last performance (10/31) is a Siunday. So, yes, it’s confusing.
TINA / Lunt-Fontanne Seating
 Sep 9 2021, 09:57:42 AM

Check out the theatre’s Wiki page. Some interesting bits of info there, including how the original plan called for an optional rollback of the ceiling (!!!!) so the stars could be seen above. And a remodel in the 50s, when it went back to a legit house, which removed the theatre’s Broadway entrance AND the balcony! The rake of the L-F rear-mezz is steep, so I can’t imagine what the balcony sight lines were! I wonder if it was anything like the Palace’s balcony (holy smokes, you’re in the rafters up there, quite literally).

Thanks for asking these questions. Got me excited to read up and even see TINA again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunt-Fontanne_Theatre

Sep 9 2021, 01:17:28 AM

A View From My Seat includes a pic/review of orchestra Left, Seat 13, Row H. That’s the last seat on the extreme side. The review mentions it’s an aisle seat. This means there’s an aisle between the last seat and the wall.

There’s a second pic/review of Orchestra Right, Row j, Seat 16, that mentions it is an aisle seat. This means there’s an aisle between the last seat and the wall on the other side of the theatre, as well.

In addition, the

Sep 9 2021, 12:51:23 AM

I’m confident that the orchestra has four aisles, including aisles between the extreme far/last seats and the wall.

This is not the case with the mezzanine, which, if I recall correctly (and a quick Google image search supports) the side sections butt up against a wall. At least, that is the case for the rear mezz. You’re better off in the orchestra and purchasing an aisle seat — it’s worth the price to get a great view and avoid a panic attack.&

MYSTIC PIZZA REVIEWS??
 Sep 5 2021, 09:17:44 AM

Sutton Ross said: "I doubt anyone has ever heard of that playhouse much less a town that has less than a thousand people. Im sure it was well attended tho."

With all do respect, you clearly have no idea what the Hell you’re talking about. Again.

MYSTIC PIZZA REVIEWS??
 Sep 5 2021, 09:17:44 AM

Sutton Ross said: "I doubt anyone has ever heard of that playhouse much less a town that has less than a thousand people. Im sure it was well attended tho."

With all do respect, you clearly have no idea what the Hell you’re talking about. Again.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You