BCfitasafiddle
#1SIMARD ON AS JOANNE TODAY
Posted: 2/26/22 at 1:30pm

It’s happening!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2SIMARD ON AS JOANNE TODAY
Posted: 2/26/22 at 1:49pm

Didn't realize she covered the role? When did this start?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#3SIMARD ON AS JOANNE TODAY
Posted: 2/26/22 at 1:50pm

Since when is she a cover for Joanne. It sounds like an inspired move, but a loss for those who won’t experience her hilarious Sarah

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#4SIMARD ON AS JOANNE TODAY
Posted: 2/26/22 at 2:07pm

Wow! I bet she'll be amazing in the role!! 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#5SIMARD ON AS JOANNE TODAY
Posted: 2/26/22 at 2:13pm

Haven't heard of anyone else confirming this.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#6SIMARD ON AS JOANNE TODAY
Posted: 2/26/22 at 2:21pm

I did a cursory look on Playbill Vault and it says nothing of Simard, but it does say that Paige Faure now understudies Bobbie (among others) and that Nikki Renee Daniel’s apparently no longer does.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#7SIMARD ON AS JOANNE TODAY
Posted: 2/26/22 at 2:39pm

ACL2006 said: "Haven't heard of anyone else confirming this."

I'm seeing some Tweets about it, but not from anyone who's actually at the show, as far as I can tell. They might have read it on here.

However, I did a search for "Patti LuPone" on Twitter and saw a Tweet confirming she's out.

spicemonkey
#8SIMARD ON AS JOANNE TODAY
Posted: 2/26/22 at 2:43pm

Is this for today's matinee only? or both shows?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#9SIMARD ON AS JOANNE TODAY
Posted: 2/26/22 at 2:55pm

Daniels just did a Bobbie put in last week. I’m sure she still covers the role.

I always believed Simard was an unlisted Joanne cover. In prior understudy put in rehearsal pics on IG, Simard was in the Joanne position in the opening. 

spicemonkey
#10SIMARD ON AS JOANNE TODAY
Posted: 2/26/22 at 2:57pm

ljay889 said: "Daniels just did a Bobbie put in last week. I’m sure she still covers the role.

I always believed Simard was an unlisted Joanne cover. In prior understudy put in rehearsal pics on IG, Simard was in the Joanne position in the opening.
"

is SIMARD on as Joanne TONIGHT, I am looking to get a ticket if so!!!

Skip23 Profile Photo
Skip23
#11SIMARD ON AS JOANNE TODAY
Posted: 2/26/22 at 3:29pm

As much as I love SImard, you're still gonna wanna see LuPone as Joanne.

And Simard is award winning as Sarah.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#12SIMARD ON AS JOANNE TODAY
Posted: 2/26/22 at 3:35pm

I wish there was confirmation about this and that she'll be on tonight, too. Would run into NYC to see her Joanne. 

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#13SIMARD ON AS JOANNE TODAY
Posted: 2/26/22 at 3:48pm

ACL2006 said: "I wish there was confirmation about this and that she'll be on tonight, too. Would run into NYC to see her Joanne."

Per a friend in the show, Simard is on right now and is expected to also do the 8pm show.  

MarilynMonroeSmash Profile Photo
MarilynMonroeSmash
#14SIMARD ON AS JOANNE TODAY
Posted: 2/26/22 at 3:52pm

I’m out of town tonight, but I’d love to know if she was on for the matinee tomorrow too,

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#15SIMARD ON AS JOANNE TODAY
Posted: 2/26/22 at 3:57pm

Someone tweeted that the ushers are being strict with bootleggers because Simard is on. So don't expect anything leaked from her performance.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#16SIMARD ON AS JOANNE TODAY
Posted: 2/26/22 at 4:04pm

SO cool! Re: ushers and bootlegs. I don’t think this will stop people tbh. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

ashley0139
#17SIMARD ON AS JOANNE TODAY
Posted: 2/26/22 at 4:49pm

I have tickets for tonight and we got an email that Patti would be out. I fully expected we would be seeing anisha. This will be extremely interesting if we end up seeing Jennifer. I’ll be sure to report back. 

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#18SIMARD ON AS JOANNE TODAY
Posted: 2/26/22 at 4:57pm

I wonder if Anisha had a scheduled absence for tonight, hence why Simard is going on? Also curious who's playing Sarah.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#19SIMARD ON AS JOANNE TODAY
Posted: 2/26/22 at 5:03pm

ashley0139 said: "I have tickets for tonight and we got an email that Patti would be out. I fully expected we would be seeing anisha. This will be extremely interesting if we end up seeing Jennifer. I’ll be sure to report back."

Have a goddamn ball, Ashley, how very exciting! 

BCfitasafiddle
#20SIMARD ON AS JOANNE TODAY
Posted: 2/26/22 at 5:05pm

Anisha was scheduled to be Susan all weekend. Just left the matinee. A report to come! WOW!

spicemonkey
#21SIMARD ON AS JOANNE TODAY
Posted: 2/26/22 at 5:20pm

BCfitasafiddle said: "Anisha was scheduled to be Susan all weekend. Just left the matinee. A report to come! WOW!"

WOW! Super excited to see this tonight!

Jennifer as Joanne and Anisha as Susan 

spicemonkey
#22SIMARD ON AS JOANNE TODAY
Posted: 2/26/22 at 5:23pm

BCfitasafiddle said: "Anisha was scheduled to be Susan all weekend. Just left the matinee. A report to come! WOW!"

Curious who will be playing Sarah 

Bill Snibson Profile Photo
Bill Snibson
#23SIMARD ON AS JOANNE TODAY
Posted: 2/26/22 at 5:30pm

Kathryn Allison will be Sarah tonight. 👍🏻

joshdog2014
#24SIMARD ON AS JOANNE TODAY
Posted: 2/26/22 at 6:04pm

I was there for this and didn’t realize Jenn was on as Joanne until they made the announcement right at curtain. The playbill insert still said Patti. Kathryn Allison was Sarah and even with her own big shoes to fill she was really great.

This was my second time, I saw it back in previews with the full cast, so it was really exciting to hear about Jenn (who I loved as Sarah, honestly more than I liked Patti as Joanne even though she was amazing). To start with the big part, Jenn’s Ladies Who Lunch was honestly what I was expecting from Patti going in the first time. It felt like it had more build and ended a little more powerfully. Less of the little things that made Patti really embody the character and moment, but she still fit it well. I guess I’d say she had bigger actions at specific points that made it work rather than having it be a more subtle constant part of the performance. Throughout the whole show she had all these moments with her expressions and deliveries that were really great. From The Little Things You Do Together on I was definitely sold on her as Joanne. It was really cool to see her in a bigger role like this after liking her so much as Sarah and only increased my appreciation for her first performance.

I’m not the most observant or well versed in making comments on stuff like this (especially since this is the only production of Company I’ve seen), but thought I’d share my thoughts since I was there.

Updated On: 2/26/22 at 06:04 PM

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#25SIMARD ON AS JOANNE TODAY
Posted: 2/26/22 at 6:16pm

Thanks for reporting! God, I wish I could’ve gone today. 

How was her wig? Did she have Patti’s costume?

Updated On: 2/26/22 at 06:16 PM

Videos