News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for n.holden

Member Name: n.holden
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hamilton LA
 Dec 17 2017, 07:21:53 PM
Just saw the show - I was really impressed with Sabrina. I haven't seen Emmy, only Raven, but I really enjoyed Sabrina's performance. Satisfied was really great. It was full cast with the exception of the ensemble, which is rare. Everyone was spectacular - forgot how sensational Michael is.
Hamilton LA
 Dec 10 2017, 08:25:59 PM

I'm seeing the Sunday matinee on the 17th, so that'll be Sabrina's 3rd day with the show. Super curious to see how she is; she seems to be a relative unknown? I'm super bummed to miss Emmy; I saw the show twice in SF and missed her both times.

Josh Grisetti and Rob McClure have something to say about San Fran
 Sep 24 2017, 01:00:05 AM

It is a little crazy. We've had people angrily yelling at us and cornering me and my family. Sad that so much neglect had gone to that part of the city. The strategic following he mentioned is chilling. Maybe more tours should go to the Curran Theater which is in a different area? 

Hamilton LA
 Sep 19 2017, 06:56:21 PM

What makes you think it would be Wayne Brady?

Hamilton LA
 Aug 14 2017, 08:15:37 PM

My parents won the SF lottery for the first preview, but we think it was probably because the word wasn't out yet and not as many people were entering. The LA lottery will probably have way more participants, especially with the app. Anyone seen the show in LA yet

THE GREAT COMET Announces September Broadway Closing; Final Performers for Role of 'Pierre'
 Aug 10 2017, 11:07:46 AM

bear88 said: 

... One question for people who know more than me: Does a Great Comet tour make sense? Non-Broadway crowds don't expect stars, so that's less of a problem. But can the show work as a touring production on a traditional stage? I can easily see the show being appealing in San Francisco, where I live, and Carole Shorenstein Hays is one of the producers and the owner of the Curran Theatre. But how many money-losing shows make a profit&Acir

Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
 Aug 9 2017, 10:21:50 AM

JBroadway said: "Hellob said: "I'd switch Jasmine and Renee, cut Oak, put Lin there, move Odom to Dolokhov and put Groff in as the aunt. I'd pick up Chapelle for plain Mary. I want Daveed as Anatole bc he's got more sex appeal. Ramos as Balaga"

Many of those ideas are also good. I considered switching Jasmine and Renée - Jasmine would be a great Helene but I don't see Renée as Sonya. Don't know how I feel abo

THE GREAT COMET Announces September Broadway Closing; Final Performers for Role of 'Pierre'
 Aug 8 2017, 08:23:13 PM

Dysquith13 said: "This is beyond upsetting. I had a feeling it would happen, but it doesn't make it hurt any less. Denee Benton should hopefully get a nice new role soon.

"

She (or Shoba) would make a great Eliza in Hamilton

Aug 8 2017, 07:06:49 PM

Wow. Extremely disappointing, but I'm overjoyed that a tour is still in the works 

Hamilton in San Francisco
 Aug 8 2017, 11:00:58 AM

I totally agree with everything you said about Vasquezs Burr. He started out a little shaky with Wait For It, but finished it strong. I think I even preferred his Room Where it Happens to Joshua's, though Joshua was definitely the best overall. 

Aug 2 2017, 09:47:13 AM

Anyone see Ryan Alvarado as Burr last night? Really want to know how he was. He's doing all the shows Ryan Vasquez isn't. 

Aug 1 2017, 03:19:50 PM

The concert was spectacular, Joshua really knows how to work a crowd. A ton of the cast came and we got to meet them, and that was really fun. I did see Daniel Breaker in the lobby, but I didn't recognize him because he only posts food pictures on his Instagram, and now I'm kicking myself for not meeting him. It was great to meet ensemble members (Jennifer Geller and Raymond Baynard were there) and a few cast members (Isaiah Johnson, Mathenee) who didn't stagedoor when I saw the s

The HAMILTON Tour Thread
 Aug 1 2017, 02:24:59 PM

I'm so excited! We're all sad to see the cast leaving SF this week so I'm excited to relive the experience soon. What cast do people think it will be? Second national tour cast maybe?

Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
 Jul 31 2017, 04:55:06 PM

Well, it sounds like it might not be closing the 13th, because Brittain Ashford is returning to her role on the 15th. 

Jul 31 2017, 11:16:05 AM

I'm loving the idea of Rainn Wilson or Weird Al as Pierre, because I'm huge fans of both of them. LMM seems like more of a Dolokhov to me, but it's probably too small of a part for his fame. 

Jul 30 2017, 11:29:07 PM

As long is people are throwing out random names with no chance, Adam Lambert as Anatole, or I saw someone suggest Ariana Grande as Natasha, which won't happen but certainly would sell tickets. 

Jul 30 2017, 11:12:56 PM

You're so lucky Ryan stagedoored! He didn't when I saw him as Burr. I really want to see him in any of his big roles again because he absolutely killed it. Ryan Alvarado is the other burr understudy, and I'd be interested to hear how he does if he goes on next week. 

BREAKING: Mandy Patinkin Withdraws from THE GREAT COMET
 Jul 28 2017, 05:17:10 PM

I'm extremely, extremely disappointed. I fell in love with the show but never got to see it, and thought my only chance would be that A) it'd stay open long enough for me to be able to go to NY or B) that it would tour. But I don't think it's going to tour at this point. I watched the whole situation unfold with horror and although I was really sad for Oak, I think people definitely overreacted and it's tragic that the show is closing. Such a talented cast.

Jul 22 2017, 10:30:23 AM

Ooh, I'm excited to hear how he was as Washington! I feel very lucky to have seen his Burr and it does seem like his voice will be well suited for One Last Time. Is he the first actor to okay both Washington and Hamilton? 

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
 Jul 20 2017, 06:53:59 PM

How is Gregory Treco as Burr? 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You