News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for thealtoslament

thealtoslament Profile Photo
Member Name: thealtoslament
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What's next for the Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre?  Jun 8 2022, 08:51:50 PM

With Come From Away closing in early October, thoughts?

WAITRESS to return to B'way, possible filming; will SIX leave Brook Atkinson?  Jun 1 2021, 07:40:44 PM

teatime2 said: "JSquared2 said: "BroadwayRox3588 said: "Maybe Bernie Mac as Joe.

This is a reference to another thread, btw. I haven't lost my mind (yet).
"

No -- I heard that they just signed Gavin MacLeod for the role.
"

I'm not sure if this is a joke or not, but he died a few days ago.
"

And Bernie Mac has been dead for over a decade. It’s a joke. 

Good Morning America teases big Broadway announcement on Tuesday, May 11  May 10 2021, 08:00:54 PM
Perhaps also a date announcement for the Tonys?
Broadway to Close?  Mar 12 2020, 02:15:17 PM

https://www.playbill.com/article/broadway-will-go-dark-amid-coronavirus-concerns?fbclid=IwAR27bTVttW-7H4W8Wf6hObChUgRr_zBGb0AGUp9b5CzB2UdogAhrlsEGvJg

NY governor announces bans on all gatherings over 500 people-- as a result, Broadway goes dark today at 5.

Rachel Bay Jones to Lead NEXT TO NORMAL at the Kennedy Center  Jan 8 2020, 09:36:55 AM
Michael Park’s bouncing from one topical pop-rock musical with mental illness as a major theme to another.
WEST SIDE STORY (2019 Revival) Preview Thread  Dec 9 2019, 11:43:08 AM

A new revival production of West Side Story, directed by Ivo van Hove and featuring brand-new choreography by Anne Teresa De Keersmaeker, starts previews at the Broadway Theatre on December 10th, with an official opening on February 6, 2020. 

I figured we should start fresh with a new thread for those who are attending previews. Who's going? 

SpongeBob the Musical: Viewing Thread  Dec 7 2019, 07:28:38 PM
Unrelated to the actual show (which I’m enjoying immensely thus far) but it’s been a long time since I’ve watched commercials on a children’s channel and were they always this intolerable?
Jordan Fisher—DEH  Dec 3 2019, 12:40:06 PM

TobiasRagg said: "RWPrincess said: "I'm kind of surprised that Andrew didn't sign for another year given how young he is. I hope he lands somewhere else great quickly. Now I need to make sure to see him in this role before he leaves.

I do think Jordan will be great at this role. I don't consider him a stunt cast since he has theater experience already but certainly one of the bigger names they've had in the cast. He will probably only do 6 shows a

13's Movie Adaptation is finally happening via Netflix  Sep 21 2019, 04:04:41 PM

bdn223 said: "SweetLips22 said: "Call_me_jorge said: "I could see people mistaking this as a 13 reasons why musical"

God they couldn't sing their way through that suicidal tragedy--one depressing ballad after another driving the audience to their obvious ending,

Good series though.
"

That already exists, its called Dear Evan Hansen.
"

Not even mentioning that Brian Yorkey (of, yes, Next to

Moulin Rouge Previews  Jun 28 2019, 02:10:02 PM
Anyone having trouble getting onto Lucky Seat at all? Trying to check the “results” page where you enter your email and it won’t load.
Moulin Rouge Previews  Jun 27 2019, 12:39:52 PM
Haven’t heard either. Which is weird, because usually I hear even before noon with LuckySeat (I got my Hadestown and Mean Girls results at 1130 and 1155 today.)
Brennin Hunt joins Pretty Woman  May 22 2019, 02:42:38 PM

Well, I'm glad that Andy Karl is finally leaving an original role because his contract is up and not because the show's closing. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/19/19  May 20 2019, 03:19:35 PM

Uptick for Be More Chill but it's still in the bottom 5 by gross and gross potential. Summer break can't come soon enough. 

BEETLEJUICE Reviews  Apr 25 2019, 09:54:12 PM

Brantley review for the Times. Loves Brightman and the scenic design but is meh on everything else. Not a pan, but not a Critic's Pick.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/25/theater/beetlejuice-review-broadway.html

TOOTSIE Reviews  Apr 23 2019, 09:55:37 PM

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/23/theater/review-tootsie.html

Critic's Pick from Jesse Green at NYT

Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night  Mar 25 2019, 11:13:40 AM

https://www.broadway.com/buzz/195110/alice-ripley-next-to-normal-originals-to-reunite-in-concert-at-second-stage/?fbclid=IwAR29GYYY0cf89YR8UV0PdqgRh9sGHZ1tNEk3N0NE4r0X2kK8OWxzXcr710s

The original cast! Plus Lawrence Clayton, Tamika Lawrence, Isaac Powell, Amy Spanger and Pearl Sun.

Can you guess Paper Mill's upcoming season?  Mar 18 2019, 11:11:33 AM

https://www.broadway.com/buzz/195198/andrew-lloyd-webber-revue-unmasked-judy-garland-musical-more-set-for-2019-2020-at-paper-mill/?fbclid=IwAR0XP1jL3zNIV1-hOMVStBG-2Xmrcq1ruBoRqlNGF8tCcpU4SAFeaRdtovg

Season announced! Chasing Rainbows (the Judy Garland bio musical), R&H's Cinderella, Unmasked (the ALW revue), Sister Act, and the world premiere of The Wanderer, a bio musical about Dion. 

THE CURIOUS INCIDENT OF THE DOG IN THE NIGHT-TIME Regional Production  Mar 17 2019, 10:49:28 PM

To me, Curious Incident seems like the kind of show that really hinges on the performance of the actor playing Christopher. It wouldn't necessarily surprise me if an actor who isn't up to snuff can drag down the whole evening. That said, regional productions vary wildly in quality and I wouldn't necessarily get too worked up yet. 

BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Reviews  Mar 11 2019, 04:18:25 PM

Jordan, yes, if it's very close (can't remember the exact cutoff) there can be 5 nominees. The last time that happened was 2016, when Hamilton, School of Rock, Bright Star, Shuffle Along, and Waitress were nominated. 

As for the featured actor debate, I'm still putting my money on George Salazar. Michael is the showier role of the two and I bet anything they want to perform Michael in the Bathroom on the Tonys, being that it's the signature song. 

BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Reviews  Mar 10 2019, 12:04:50 PM

Tonight's the night-- Be More Chill opens tonight at the Lyceum Theatre! If you've seen professional reviews, post them here.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You