News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MattRVA

MattRVA Profile Photo
Member Name: MattRVA
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BROADWAY DISCOUNTS  Mar 20 2024, 10:09:37 PM

Alessio2 said: "Does anyone have a code for Dead Outlaw at the Minetta Lane Theater?? Much appreciated"

Playbill Discount Code PBDOUT

• Valid Thru: April 7, 2024

PREVIEWS:
    $55/$65/$75 w/ $90 premium + fees
    Discount: $60 + fees (Prime & Side Orch)

REGULAR PERFORMANCES:
    $65/$75/$95 w/ $115 premium + fees
    Discount: $76 + fees (Prime Orch Only)

*Limited offer, subject to availability. Not valid fo

Vegans and Broadway  Jul 2 2019, 08:28:33 PM

I’m a vegetarian - not a vegan. That said, your family friend’s attitude makes for a tiring way to go through life, when every moment brings opportunities for disappointment and righteous indignation. I am all for treating animals with kindness and compassion, but this individual is unable to enjoy great art because she expects the world to reflect her particular worldview. The world would be a better place with less meat consumption for many reasons - dietary, environme

THE FERRYMAN Previews  Oct 20 2018, 04:05:59 PM

For those who have seen this, what seating advice would you have? On the date I’m considering, Telecharge Offers has availability in the side orchestra (relatively close to the stage), side front mezzanine, and center rear mezzanine. Is this a show where close proximity is ideal, even if it’s a side view? Farther away but closer to center? I know a lot of this comes down to personal preference, but I wonder if this particular show makes a certain vantage point ideal.

Headphones & Cast Albums  Aug 11 2018, 07:28:25 PM

In anticipation of upcoming travel, I just purchased a pair of Audio Technica ANC-9s. They are very good - though not as great as the newest Bose headphones - at noise cancellation, but they have wonderful sound. Also, they’re less than half the price of the top-of-the-line Bose headphones. They’re a great value. No complaints after two months. All my favorite cast recordings, including Hamilton, SITPWG, Caroline or Change, etc. sound gorgeous. 

What's Next for the Imperial?  Aug 7 2018, 07:53:06 PM

bwayrose7 said: "Sondheimite said: "I wish Hadestown would scoop it up."

Would be very poetic to have another Rachel Chavkin show in the space. (I'm still bitter about her losing the Tony last year, to be honest).
"

I can’t wait for Hadestown, but I would be concerned the Imperial is a touch too big. The Hudson or Belasco seem like a good fit, and their current tenants probably won’t be around much longer.

Circle in

The 2019-2020 Broadway Season - Confirmed Productions  Jul 12 2018, 07:31:21 PM

vanbrig said: "If a show is announced, then it’s not too early to start a thread. No need to wait for more shows to be announced, because the thread can be updated. Thanks for starting these, BC; I find them really useful for planning my annual trips."

Agreed.

THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD  Jun 10 2018, 10:39:40 PM

Wow! Congrats to OOTI. Huge surprise, but based on that performance tonight a well-deserved win.

THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD  Jun 10 2018, 10:15:17 PM

poisonivy2 said: "OOTI performance was great. Still not enough to save the show but lovely performance."

Phenomenal performance. If I lived 200 miles closer to NY I’d buy tickets right now.

THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD  Jun 10 2018, 10:09:43 PM

OlBlueEyes said: "Happy Birthday to my Husband.

The Tonys get this wrong every year, The theater community, which all would admit has cultural and societal values still very different from the mainstream, seems to feel that, since it has mainstream America as its prisoner on this night, it can flaunt its differentvalues in the face of viewers.

The Broadway theater industry does not enjoy financial backing at a level sufficient to permit it to ignore the sensibilities of its Tony audience. The reaction of many television viewers to a moment like singing Happy Birthday to my Husband is "CLICK." I've had that same reaction myself twice.

As with practically all other businesses, especially considering the price of tickets, theater biz must court its customers even if it is the last that they feel like doing.
"

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/support-same-sex-marriage-grows-sharply-u-s-survey-finds-n870586

The majority of Americans support gay marriage. You would be the one outside the mainstream. 

THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD  Jun 10 2018, 10:03:28 PM

GeorgeandDot said: "The Band's Visit deserves every single Tony it's winning and it would have won them last season too. It's a stunning little show."

Agreed x1000

THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD  Jun 10 2018, 08:39:10 PM

poisonivy2 said: "Why was Bruce just booed?"

Bruuuuuuuuce

THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD  Jun 10 2018, 07:25:28 PM

Broadwaystar26 said: "Shows were garbage this season... anyone that liked bands visit must have an extremely boring life... it has the “ cool” factor of pretending you liked it so you can fit in with the critics... hands down going in and walking out , frozen was best bang for your buck... as for spongebob , i cant take a nickelodeon show seriously... what’s next beavis and butthead?"

Gee, all this time I thought I adored The Band’s Visit

Favorite Musical this Season?  May 15 2018, 06:33:01 AM

BroadwayConcierge said: "The Band's Visit, unquestionably. Transporting, haunting, emotional. Gorgeous, sweeping score. It profoundly captures the power ofhuman connection. One of my favorite musicals of all time."

This.

The Band's Visit Seating Question  May 10 2018, 10:43:39 PM

I can’t speak for the front row, but I loved my experience in the second row - being so close to the actors, seeing their every facial expression and hearing every sigh, made this show even more beautiful on my return trip. I had to look up slightly, but I didn’t find this much of an issue. And it’s only one act! 

FWIW, I sat in row L my first visit, and that is also a fantastic seat if you like seeing the whole stage and don’t want to be quite so close.

West End Theatre Tips for a Broadway Fan  May 10 2018, 09:55:45 PM

Let me start by acknowledging, yes, I know there is a dedicated board for West End topics, but it’s rather, um, quiet over there. Also, I’m looking for the perspectives of regular Broadway patrons who have also visited Theatreland. I don’t post terribly often, but I’ve come to value the opinions of many on the Broadway board and would welcome their insights and recommendations.

My wife and I are strongly considering a winter trip to London, which would incl

Good Idea/Bad Idea? Asking actors to sign my Graduation cap.  May 6 2018, 01:39:48 PM

For what it’s worth, after TBV Tony Shaloub signed my mother-in-law’s Schmackery’s cookie tin. So I’m sure many performers would be willing to sign your cap, particularly when you explain your rationale. 

Oh, and congratulations!

Villains and Curtain Calls  Mar 8 2018, 09:35:52 PM
Heroes are admirable, but villains are fun.
2018 - 2019 Touring Season  Mar 6 2018, 07:32:39 PM

3girls2luv said: "Has anyone heard when the Kennedy Center or National Theatre in DC plan to announce? I have the opportunity to subscribe to the Hippodrome but it's a little further out of my way.and I'd rather the KC or National if they'll have the same shows.

Thanks!
"

I’ve also been wondering about the National. This article (https://dctheatrescene.com/2017/04/01/national-theatres-2017-2018-season/) suggests they announced last year in early April, so we may have a few more weeks to wait.

snow day?  Mar 6 2018, 12:35:31 PM

Kathleen ONeill2 said: "Thank you both! I'll call around and see what our options are, if anything I'll make sure we're off the roads during the worst of it."

https://thebandsvisitmusical.com/winter/

See above. You shouldn’t have any trouble exchanging tickets before noon tomorrow. Good luck and safe travels. You’ll love the show - whenever you get to see it!

THE BAND's VISIT Reviews  Mar 3 2018, 04:14:17 PM

Any reports on Dariush Kashani, the new Tewfiq?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You