News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for CorkySt.Clair

CorkySt.Clair Profile Photo
Member Name: CorkySt.Clair
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2nd Stage Student Rush (White Girl in Danger)  Apr 15 2023, 10:28:18 AM

Hi everyone! Long time no post lol

Does anyone have experience with 2nd Stage's $25 student rush, particularly for White Girl in Danger? Would love to try for the matinee today, but I don't want to build my day around the possibility if it might not happen. Any insights would be greatly appreciated!!

RENT Live on Fox  Jan 27 2019, 09:23:32 PM

Kate Monster3 said: "I wonder how many people caught Mark's original sweater in the homeless lady's pile of clothes that she held up. "

My favorite part of the show so far 

Broadway in Bryant Park  Aug 16 2018, 09:12:42 AM
So, I guess at this it’s pretty possible that BMC will be there (I’m personally v curious to see the fans in action). Does anyone know why Wicked was listed on some of the articles? My sister even said that performers she follows on Instagram we’re talking about Wicked being there as soon as yesterday. I’m so excited to go, no matter what shows are there, but does anyone know for sure what shows will be there?
THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD  Jun 10 2018, 07:38:32 PM

Is there a good professionally recorded production of HAIR?  Jun 6 2018, 03:39:45 PM

Thank you so much for all your insight! i will definitely be watching both the movie and the Merrick production in the coming days.

Is there a good professionally recorded production of HAIR?  Jun 6 2018, 08:47:10 AM
Hi all,
I have recently fallen in love with the music of HAIR, and I am desperately looking for a way to watch it. No theaters in my area are putting it on, and I don’t want the movie to my first exposure to the story. I have found one professionally recorded production on YouTube, from the Merrick Theater a couple years ago. Has anyone seen this/do you recommend it? I want to see this show more than anything, but I want to make sure that i find a good iteration of it.
Thank you!

Non-Movies that Would Make Great Musicals?  Jun 6 2018, 08:35:03 AM
Whatshisname said: "Defending Your Life"

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes!!

Emma Stone Waitress?  May 18 2018, 08:22:11 PM

BroadwayRox3588 said: "JBroadway said: "Emmy Rossum HAS to play Jenna in Waitress

(I hope someone gets thisjoke)
"

I got it!
"

Me too!...but she better not play Jenna before Mimi in Rent!

CURSED CHILD Reviews  Apr 22 2018, 07:29:35 PM

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

BroadwayConcierge said: "The script is really not as bad as somesay. Sure, there are a few eye-rolling lines here and there, and Part 2 gets to be slightly derivative in parts, but the text is overall quite strong. I was truly emotionally overwhelmed by the climax of Par

SNL Les Mis parody  Apr 15 2018, 09:15:37 AM
Agree 100%! I absolutely lost it when I saw the menu being used as a flag!
BE MORE CHILL to Premiere Off-Broadway This Summer  Apr 14 2018, 07:20:37 PM

AntV said: "Was Will Connolly not available or is Will Roland their attempt at "star casting?" Don't really think he's right for the role."

I don’t know much about who’s right for the role (I haven’t really listened to it BMC). But, in response to your quote-unquote “star casting”, Will Roland is a major star among the demographic that is already obsessed with BMC (think the same teens that go crazy for DEH). 

NY Daily News: Ruthie Ann Miles Injured, Daughter Killed By Driver in Brooklyn  Mar 7 2018, 06:32:15 AM
My heart aches for these poor women and the unspeakable tragedy they’ve gone through. Keeping them in my thoughts.
Your favourite Broadway books  Feb 22 2018, 09:16:18 AM
^ I’ll also second Song of Spider-Man; it was quite fascinating.
Your favourite Broadway books  Feb 22 2018, 05:53:57 AM
THe Secret Life of the American Musical by Jack Viertel for sure!
Lost In The Stars?  Jan 25 2018, 01:54:59 PM
Recently I picked up Alan Paton’s Cry, the Beloved Country and am thoroughly enjoying it. From some internet sleuthing I discovered Lost in the Stars, the last show Kurt Weill composed for, was based off of it. Has anyone had experiences with both book and show/cast album? Would you recommend? Thanks in advance; I always greatly value your opinions
-Corky

Spielberg's West Side Story  Jan 25 2018, 01:51:50 PM
I want to keep an open mind about this, but I just can’t see how anything can top the original. WSS was the show that got me into theatre, and I used to watch the movie once a month. Sure, it’s not perfect, but it’s been such an impactful piece in my own life that I have a lot of skepticism about a remake.
That said, if it does turn out to be actually good (If it ends up getting made) I’d be pretty darn ecstatic.

Broadway fans who cross boundaries  Jan 19 2018, 02:54:23 PM
One of the worst I’ve seen (from the same sort of crowd that partakes in the Mom/Dad nonsense) is the utterly confusing “I want (insert Broadway star) to punch me in the face”. Is there some sort of backstory to this or is it just as weird as it seems on the surface?
Happy Trails  Dec 31 2017, 02:00:52 PM
WIshing everyone involved happy “tails” lol
RIP Charmian Carr  Dec 26 2017, 12:34:51 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "I remember absolutely adoring Liesl when I first watched the Sound of Music as a kid. What a beautiful performer and wonderful person. She will be missed.

With all due respect,Charmian Carr passed away on September 18, 2016.

This post was bumped up because ofHeather Menzies-Urich's passing on Christmas Eve. She played Louisa in THE SOUND OF MUSIC film.
"

Oh my goodness, somehow I never noticed this in September

RIP Charmian Carr  Dec 25 2017, 03:04:47 PM
I remember absolutely adoring Liesl when I first watched the Sound of Music as a kid. What a beautiful performer and wonderful person. She will be missed
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You