News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for NOLAguy

Member Name: NOLAguy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

James Monroe Iglehart to play Louis Armstrong in Broadway-aimed bio-musical A WONDERFUL WORLD
 Oct 1 2023, 11:40:44 AM

I will be attending tonight in New Orleans and will post my thoughts either this evening or tomorrow. 

Looks decently sold on the Saenger website for the opening performance being on the same day as a 12:00 home Saints game. Quit a few balcony seats available but orchestra looks pretty well sold. 

Fun fact: The Saenger Theatre is located right on the corner of Basin St. and Canal St. Opening number is Basin Street Blues. 

Sorkin and Sher to revive CAMELOT for Broadway
 Mar 11 2023, 12:11:55 AM

Was at second preview tonight, will post more tomorrow. I agree they need to trim the length. Overall, splendid. I truly loved it. 

March Trip-Restaurant Recommendations
 Jan 8 2023, 05:22:21 PM

I will be in the city March 9-13th. I will be seeing Camelot Friday night, Kimberly Akimbo Saturday matinee, Sweeney Todd Saturday evening, and for nostalgia Wicked (haven’t seen it in 16 years and want to revisit it as it was my first broadway show ever) Sunday evening. I have dinner reservations for Cafe Fiorello near the Vivian Beaumont before Camelot (if y’all have any opinions on that restaurant and recommend somewhere else please let me know.) 

Anyone know of a g

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
 Oct 23 2022, 06:47:58 PM

I apologize if the photo didn’t properly attach. But it’s the opening set but the curtain is up, bubble is down on the stage, and no lighting effects on the stage. 

Oct 23 2022, 06:33:30 PM

I’m sorry if this isn’t the right thread. But found this photo on the Gershwin theater instagram tag. Why was this the pre-show stage set up at this performance? Thought it could’ve been Behind the Emerald Curtain but someone is reading a playbill. 

Phantom Closing?
 Sep 17 2022, 09:21:44 PM

Just found the time to come to this thread. First show I saw on Broadway. Had seen other shows on tour, big city sit-down productions, etc. Phantom, when I saw it on Broadway, blew my mind. The music, the stage craft, and everything else. So sad to see it go.

Thankfully I was able to see it again in 2016 when a friend was playing Raoul and again June of this year with the same Raoul. I thought it was in excellent shape this past June. The Christine was incredible too.

Have a tri

Broadway Bares: XXX - Sunday, June 26, 2022
 Jun 27 2022, 08:49:29 PM

I wish they would get Sam Gravitte lol

Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
 May 11 2022, 06:08:35 PM

Does anyone know the tentative start date?  Wondering if this will affect Jordan Donica's short return stint in Phantom.  I have tickets to Phantom mid-June

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
 May 8 2022, 01:06:22 AM

I know this will seem way left field. But seeing her at jazz fest in New Orleans tonight, with her commentary between songs,…:I think Stevie Nicks could make an incredible Morrible for the film. 

The Music Man Revival post Jackman and Foster
 Nov 23 2021, 08:57:27 PM

Could be 100% be false. But I heard from a friend in an agency that John Krasinski has been CONTACTED. 

But regardless, I could see it. Great way to show his range, and Hill isn’t that extreme of a role to sing 

Where are touring sets currently at?
 Sep 10 2020, 05:36:26 PM
WICkED’s set is still in the Overture Center for the Performing Arts. The venue’s Instagram geo tag has some cool/eerie photos of it!
Novels that could be musicals/plays?
 Aug 10 2020, 06:16:48 PM

"The Night Circus" by Erin Morgenstern 

Lea Michele Twitter
 Jun 4 2020, 12:17:43 AM

Apologize if someone has already said it, but at least we know who WONT be playing Elphaba in the WICKED film 

Stephanie J. Block twitter tiff
 May 22 2020, 07:33:11 PM

Whoever she is, created a new twitter handle(private account) called sjblocked.  Added it out of curiosity.  This girl is like Stan level to the point that it reminds me of the old spongebob stan/stalker fiasco. 

Broadway to Close?
 Mar 11 2020, 10:16:57 PM

MCW1227 said: "I work with nurses who say this strain is new but corona has been around for a long time. Apparently this one bypasses the upper respiratory system and goes to the lungs which is why anyone with preexisting breathing issues are the most serious cases. If you’re young and healthy it will probably not have a serious affect onyou but it’s important that we listen to health professionals and stay home when possible. Good health to all!!"

Corona

2020-2021 Touring Season
 Mar 5 2020, 11:26:38 AM

New Orleans

Aint Too Proud-Sep 15-20

Moulin Rouge- Nov 21-Dec 12

Tootsie-Dec 29-Jan 3

My Fair Lady-Jan 19-24

Cats-Mar 3-7

Hamilton-dates not listed

Hadestown-May 11-16

Feb 24 2020, 06:36:25 PM

NOLAguy said: "BWW posted photos for the new cast and lists, and has photos, of Kara Lindsay as Galinda. So it looks like she is filling in for a bit "

But now that I look at the photos, most of the Galinda ones are not Kara? Maybe it was a typo and they put the wrong actress’ name as Galinda? 

Feb 24 2020, 06:34:23 PM
BWW posted photos for the new cast and lists, and has photos, of Kara Lindsay as Galinda. So it looks like she is filling in for a bit
 Feb 12 2020, 12:43:55 AM

wicked4l said: "The new Elphaba will be making her Broadway debut and is brand new to the show. You may have seen her on a reality show years back. "

Ooo very intrigued. Watch some reality tv but usually don’t remember specific people. But glad for new Elphies 

Feb 12 2020, 12:10:13 AM

wicked4l said: "MadisonGuy said: "We are hoping to visit New York at the end of Marchand see Wicked. Our goal is to see it before Ginna Claire Mason departs. She took over the role on April 9th of 2019, so I'm hoping she does at least a year. Does anyone have any insight into her contract? It looks as if Glindas last in the role longer than do Elphabas, so I am hoping she does a year or more. The other possibility is coming in early June, which puts Ginna Claire right at

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You