News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BwayBaby2000

BwayBaby2000 Profile Photo
Member Name: BwayBaby2000
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Kids in Little Shop of Horrors
 Apr 24 2011, 03:30:34 AM
I saw an Off-Off Broadway production of Little Shop of Horrors this weekend starring a few Broadway and other professional teens this weekend and it was fantastic. I wasn't expecting that caliber of talent from an all youth production, but there were really some stand outs in the cast. Has anyone else seen this production? The company is Kidz Theater. I was just wondering if anyone had any background on this company because I was really surprised.
THE TOP 24 - GOT TALENT
 May 1 2010, 11:05:19 PM
I watched one of the nights of the Quarter Finals and some of the talent was really great! I'm a big fan of Move for Autism. Totally So You Think You Can Dance worthy!
re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread
 May 1 2010, 10:57:14 PM
I've been spending my time watching a lot of white high school Aidas. I would like to send a message to high school theater directors:

Just because you put cornrows in your white Aida's hair, it does not make her black.

Newsies??!
 Apr 29 2010, 03:27:41 PM
Yes, I understand that. Hence the date on the info. I just felt like posting about it because it was on my mind. If you are uninterested, you can ignore me.
Newsies??!
 Apr 29 2010, 03:41:17 AM
I know this is the least legit source possible, but can't a girl dream?

Also, wtf is up with Dumbo? I hope that is not true.

1996 SOUTH PACIFIC production?
 Apr 28 2010, 02:45:19 AM
The problem with shows with kids is that producers and directors are (understandably) wary of casting someone without broadway credits on their resume. The catch is most kids haven't been on Broadway-- so you just end up with the same boring and bad kids from the 13 cast and Grinch.
The 90's OB revival of MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG
 Apr 28 2010, 02:34:48 AM
UGGHHHH!! I wan't so badly for this show to work because the score is so great. I'm still holding onto my dreams that a great production of this show can be done!
John Tartaglia's IMAGINOCEAN
 Apr 28 2010, 02:29:33 AM
I got to see the puppets and meet the actors when I was rehearsing a show next door. They were SO CUTE! Can't wait to see this one!
Last minute trip-Show suggestions
 Apr 28 2010, 02:28:10 AM
I heard terrible things about Come Fly Away so nix that one. I loved Fela!
2010 EASTER BONNET COMPETITION
 Apr 28 2010, 02:27:23 AM
Wish I could have gone! I was invited by a friend who's show had a bonnet one year and it was so much fun!
2010 Tony Awards Host??
 Apr 28 2010, 02:26:06 AM
I can't wait 2 weeks for a response! I want to know now!!
What's your favorite broadway/off-broadway/regional/etc...artwork?
 Apr 10 2010, 03:27:44 AM
Light in the Piazza
Actor's Equity Withdraws from Come Fly Away
 Apr 10 2010, 01:13:26 AM
what's strange is that equity works so hard to get more members... remember that strike at the American Girl Place Theater-- because THOSE actors really needed to go equity in a doll store.
Shows within a show that you'd want to see.
 Apr 10 2010, 01:08:06 AM
Maybe the musical Mr. G directed on Summer Heights High. I can't remember what it was called but it looked pretty fantastic (ly bad)
Derw Lachey to play Corny Collins in Pittsburgh CLO's Hairspray
 Apr 10 2010, 01:06:32 AM
He is 100% not the right type for the role... that's so weird. But who knows, maybe he'll be good.
Catch A Great Youth Production of Into the Woods in NYC!
 Apr 10 2010, 12:56:07 AM
What part is Bridget playing? She was so cute in the Doubt movie!
The Barbara Cook Appreciation Thread
 Apr 9 2010, 02:34:26 PM
A friends dad took me to see Barbara Cook perform at the Carlyle last year and she was AMAZING-- I mean, just BEAUTIFUL. She is still such an amazing performer and though her range has dropped somewhat, her beautiful tone is unforgettable--and all this at 80! I love Barbara Cook.
How Have Rock Musicals Inspired YOU?
 Apr 9 2010, 02:27:57 PM
I know that Rent School Edition has sparked a lot of heated debate in schools about gay rights. When schools have wanted to do it and there has been opposition from adminitrators or parents due to the "content" (translation: there are gay characters), students and teachers have prostested and fought back. They have also created educational ways to introduce student who might not have a lot of education about gay rights to the issues. In the end, most schools have been able to do the productio
Vanessa Hudgens to Star as Mimi in RENT at the Hollywood Bowl
 Apr 9 2010, 02:25:11 PM
Its interesting how we always want to bash the star that is miscast. Shouldn't we be bashing the person who made the awful casting choice. It's unfair to the people who are ill equipped to play the role.
Actors and actresses that you wish had more roles
 Apr 9 2010, 04:57:56 AM
I know that she's had more than one lead but I ADORE Kelly O'Hara and wish she would work non stop!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You