John Tartaglia's IMAGINOCEAN

Dollypop
#1John Tartaglia's IMAGINOCEAN
Posted: 4/25/10 at 8:40pm

I took my 5 yr old granddaughter to see this show today. Both of us loved it immensely. It's bright, lively, colorful and has some catchy tunes. Actually, it's just about perfect fare for children's theater.

See it with the kids!

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

gypsy71
#2John Tartaglia's IMAGINOCEAN
Posted: 4/27/10 at 9:00pm

I agree.. I saw a matinee a few weeks ago and thought it was great. The kids were captivated and the bubble machine was a big hit. John was actually there that morning watching and I got to talk to him afterwards. I think it would be a great touring show also.

Its not where you start its where you finish..

rmusic11322
#2John Tartaglia's IMAGINOCEAN
Posted: 4/27/10 at 9:02pm

Oh, I thought he was IN the show. That's the main reason why I want to see it. Although, I think I still want to being that the show just looks like so much fun. This may be a weird question, but did they give out Playbills?

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#3John Tartaglia's IMAGINOCEAN
Posted: 4/27/10 at 9:03pm

^ Yes they do.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#4John Tartaglia's IMAGINOCEAN
Posted: 4/27/10 at 10:08pm

It's called "John Tartaglia's IMAGINOCEAN" and he's not in the show? Does he think he's Mel Brooks?

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#5John Tartaglia's IMAGINOCEAN
Posted: 4/27/10 at 10:34pm

Yeah, I had thought he was actually in it too, but he just did the voice for one of the fish. I saw it a few weeks ago and even though it's clearly geared to small children, I thought it was really adorable.

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 4/27/10 at 10:34 PM

AEA AGMA SM
#6John Tartaglia's IMAGINOCEAN
Posted: 4/27/10 at 10:45pm

"I think it would be a great touring show also."

It is going to be touring this coming season. Theatreworks is handling the tour management.

http://www.theatreworksusa.org/show_detail.cfm?show=1526

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#7John Tartaglia's IMAGINOCEAN
Posted: 4/27/10 at 11:22pm

A friend and I saw this a few weeks ago, and we both loved it.

Xman8 Profile Photo
Xman8
#8John Tartaglia's IMAGINOCEAN
Posted: 4/27/10 at 11:59pm

I saw in a live chat that a couple of people approached John Tartaglia to see if he would create a show that will be featured in a cruise line I think Oasis of the Seas from Royal Carribean. He then created it and had a workshop. New World stages then picked it up and it'll be touring beginning fall for, he said, 3 years by Theatreworksusa. Updated On: 4/28/10 at 11:59 PM

BwayBaby2000 Profile Photo
BwayBaby2000
#9John Tartaglia's IMAGINOCEAN
Posted: 4/28/10 at 2:29am

I got to see the puppets and meet the actors when I was rehearsing a show next door. They were SO CUTE! Can't wait to see this one!

Videos