News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Wishing Only Wounds

Wishing Only Wounds Profile Photo
Member Name: Wishing Only Wounds
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Cats Previews  Jul 16 2016, 03:42:14 PM

I was at the second preview last night. I was skeptical about going, especially so early on, as I'm not the biggest CATS fan, but I loved it and was pleasantly surprised. The production is fantastic... very modernized. They've taken the 80s out of Cats, while keeping the signature moments. They've really developed the characters and got as close as you can to adding a plot to Cats. It made sense. It ran two hours and fifteen minutes, including a twenty minute intermissio

OFFICIAL: Elaine Stritch has passed  Jul 17 2014, 02:50:20 PM
I (literally) walked into her right before the start of a performance of Into The Woods in the park. I wasn't being too observant and had no clue it was her and just said, "oh, sorry!" She didn't blink twice and just went on her way to the front of the stage to inspect the set, practically climbing onto it. When I got to my seat everyone around me screamed, "do you realize who you just walked into?!"

Rest in Peace, Ms. Stritch.

Justin Guarini and Mary Testa join Broadway's WICKED  Feb 3 2014, 06:08:14 PM
Oh, how refreshing!
A New Cinderella  Dec 29 2013, 06:15:46 PM
...close it, maybe?

I couldn't resist.

Shows you wish would be revived but probably never will  Nov 27 2013, 10:20:38 PM
^
I'd argue that was more Abbott's doing than anything else. I love the score and find the concept of the show extremely interesting. I think it's just begging for the right creative team to give it a makeover, but that's very unlikely.

Shows you wish would be revived but probably never will  Nov 27 2013, 01:19:16 PM
Me & Juliet
Aladdin Reviews  Nov 22 2013, 06:14:49 PM
I had a feeling this was destined to be doomed after Disney made the same mistake of closing Mary Poppins, as they did with Beauty and The Beast.
King Kong to Close  Nov 15 2013, 02:31:29 PM
I agree that this thread title is extremely misleading. That's a fantastic run for a show in Australia, especially for being during a bulk of the winter months in Melbourne.

Donna Vivino leaving Wicked  Nov 4 2013, 03:53:28 PM
The costumes just looked newer and it seemed like a lot of the ensemble costumes had far more yellow accents This could simply be because new cast members have joined and gotten their own costumes; the wardrobe looked very fresh. For props, most notably, the school books were new. The Grimere (sp?) also looked new, but I'm sure someone could spread more definitive light on that.
Donna Vivino leaving Wicked  Nov 4 2013, 03:19:19 PM
I caught Donna's final performance last night and I'm glad I did- she was fantastic! She easily performed what is now my favorite rendition of "No Good Deed"; it was stunning. She was such a poised Elphaba and just so elegant really.

Has anyone seen the show lately? I'd love to discuss a bit. It was my first time seeing the show since Willemijn's Broadway debut and I was expecting a house renovation but I was not expecting new costumes, props, lightning and what sounded like a brand

Longevity and Touring Potential for Matilda  Oct 31 2013, 11:45:19 AM
2015? Sheesh.

Unless it runs that long, that seems unlikely...unless it's an extremely scaled down version.

Christopher Seiber in PIPPIN- thoughts?  Sep 4 2013, 02:29:32 PM
I was at his first performance (yes, it was Sunday.) It was my first time seeing the show so I have nothing to compare it to (the fact that it was his first performance was pure coincidence), but I thought he did a fine job. He had great chemistry with the cast and got a lot of laughs. He received entrance applause too. There was no formal announcement saying he was joining the show; there was only a slip in the playbill with his bio and his name on the understudy board.

One thing

Hunter Parrish as Pippin?  Sep 3 2013, 03:51:25 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if they went for Parrish, but allow me to echo the last post...
They could also go after Nick Jonas for the part...which may actually work. But please, don't have me thread steal.

Christopher Sieber to Step in for Terrence Mann as 'Charles' in PIPPIN For 16 Performances  Sep 1 2013, 10:58:36 PM
I was there today. It was my first time seeing it but I thought he did a great job! He had great chemistry with everyone. My one negative though...he wasn't wearing a wig. They seemed to have just sprayed his hair gray; it looked awkward.
Aladdin to open on Broadway in February  Aug 29 2013, 06:02:03 PM
I'm surprised Disney is going with the extremely generic and trite "New Musical Comedy" given all their past Broadway artwork/promotions.

As a whole, the artwork also does nothing for me.

Revivals Better than the Original  Aug 25 2013, 12:27:37 AM
Many people felt that the last "Ragtime" revival was superior to the original production. Having only seen the revival, I have no opinion.
Sally Struthers Will Lead 50th Anniversary National Tour of Hello, Dolly!  Aug 22 2013, 07:47:30 PM
I saw her as Mrs. Meers back in June and she stole the show! That said, I don't really want to form an opinion on her as a musical theatre actress based on such a character role.
Sally Struthers Will Lead 50th Anniversary National Tour of Hello, Dolly!  Aug 20 2013, 07:03:02 PM
Didn't see this posted anywhere...

Emmy and Golden Globe-winning actress Sally Struthers will star as meddlesome matchmaker Dolly Gallagher Levi in the 50th anniversary national tour of Hello, Dolly! Directed by Jeffrey B. Moss, the production kicks off at the Edward Nash Theatre in Somerville, NJ, on October 5 before traveling to more than 70 cities.

In addition to Struthers, Hello, Dolly! will feature John O’Creagh (West Side Story) as Horace Vandergelder, Lauren Blac

Why all the hate for TARZAN & LITTLE MERMAID?  Aug 15 2013, 07:06:23 PM
Scarlet, while I agree about Clayton, I find that very interesting about Kerchak; I've always felt that plot change to be all the more powerful and justified with "Everything That I Am" as it shows Tarzan in a much more vulnerable and human state than we ever see him in the movie, just as we had seen Kerchak in a much more vulnerable and animalistic state during "No Other Way", even though it is (more than) implied that there is remorse during both numbers.
Why all the hate for TARZAN & LITTLE MERMAID?  Aug 15 2013, 06:05:19 PM
I adored 'Tarzan'. It's actually the show that made me want to pursue theatre. It's one of the cast recordings I re-visit rather often. As others have pointed out, it was rushed and very minimal in terms of design and special effects, which most people expected and wanted from a "Disney" show. For me, it was the acting that won me over; I felt the performances being given were fantastic and that was enough to keep me engaged and not miss some of the usual Disney "wow factors." I have always love
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You